test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reddit AMA with Producer Lindsay Haven

akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
edited March 2015 in News & Announcements
Have burning questions about Neverwinter or Neverwinter's newest module: Elemental Evil? How about questions about what a Producer on Neverwinter does on a daily basis? Now is your chance to ask Lindsay Haven (one of the genius minds behind Respen’s Marvelous Game) anything and everything about Neverwinter. We can’t promise she’ll reveal everything, but she’ll answer any questions you have.

For more info and the time of the event, check the blog:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9080393-reddit-ama-with-producer-lindsay-haven

Here's the link to the AMA: http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/2yq7rf/hi_im_lindsay_haven_a_producer_on_neverwinter_pc/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    grumblesmorfgrumblesmorf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Can anyone link me to all the past Neverwinter developer AMAs? I've Googled and found 2 from HeyRoger but I feel like there were more.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Can anyone link me to all the past Neverwinter developer AMAs? I've Googled and found 2 from HeyRoger but I feel like there were more.

Nope. Those were all the AMAs to date.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Anyone who's going to be around for the AMA, please feel free to ask this for me since I won't be:

Are there any plans at all to reexamine the PvP matchmaking system? There is a lot of frustration, especially from newer players, about being thrown into matches with people who severely outgear them, often to the point that no amount of skill could possibly make up for the difference in stat ratings. Players have suggested brackets many times and this idea is constantly shot down, usually citing longer queue times caused by a small community as the reasoning. Don't you think that the PvP community is small precisely because of this issue? It seems to me that many people who want to become a part of this PvP community and try to are turned off by the initial frustrating experience this lack of matchmaking causes.

As a secondary question I'd like to ask what your thoughts are in regards to the importance of PvP versus PvE content in this game; which do you feel is more important to both the business and the community.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Are questions posted in this thread going to be answered or do we have to participate in the AMA on Reddit for that? I work nights, so I'll be asleep for the AMA, but I've got some burning questions.
  • Options
    mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've got some burning, and some questions also. What's your burning from?
  • Options
    bobhunter1bobhunter1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Are questions posted in this thread going to be answered or do we have to participate in the AMA on Reddit for that? I work nights, so I'll be asleep for the AMA, but I've got some burning questions.
    Same exact question here..

Edit: In case the questions here are valid, here are the questions I've gathered from people who want to be represented from Reddit & this Forum. I can provide direct link to the threads I made upon request via pm. These questions should be the same as the one posted on Reddit under the same title "21 Questions from Bobhunter & Others" so you can just answer ones from Reddit first. Thank you.

21 Questions from Bobhunter & Others
    General
    • What is the long term plan for the game? where do they see the game in 5 years from now?
    • How have your feelings about the game changed over the past 2 years? What would you do differently if you could go back to Beta?
    • What is the plan to bring back a sense of community to this current single player rp grindfest?
    • There's a sense in the player community that Cryptic is more in the business of telling it's customers (us) what we want, rather than listening and giving us what we want. I realize what a lot of people want isn't appropriate, but this is still true in the broader sense as well. Do they have any plans or would they be open to creating a way for players be more involved in roadmap planning? A player board, for example, or different subject-specific groups (Guild, PvP, Class/balance, etc). Not an open community, but much much smaller. Perhaps under NDA, like how it was in Alpha so they can be more open with the information they share.
    • Are you ever going to move away from the apparent business model of Pay not to Grind? I remember reading in a previous AMA about how your philosophy on the whole P2W/F2P issue was that you hated the idea of Pay to Win and instead wanted to focus on making a gabme that was so good, the users would want to pay for it buy purchashing things like mounts and dyes and companions and such. I loved reading that. Made me so happy, and I went and bought a mount because I was still playing that fun game you designed to get me from level 1 to level 60. But now that I'm at the endgame content on multiple characters, I've got to say it feels like very many minor quality of life improvements that have been suggested by the community are ignored entirely, things that would make the game better so people would want to pay for it, while new tedious RP grinds are added that can be skipped with the purchase of enough blood ruby packs. Month-long time-gated campaigns that can be skipped for 50 dollars are another example of this apparent Pay not to Grind (PntG) business model. Sometimes I feel like I'm being pushed by the game to pay to skip over a frustrating experience and I kind of resent that because I thought you guys really cared about making a game that people would honestly want to pay for because it was so good. I honestly feel like some of these things are purposely designed to be frustrating so I'll pay to skip over them and that's really not cool.

Game Features
    • Are you going to remove the completion delay for professions from the in-game interface? If you intend on retaining the existing delay, why?
    • Can there be a function to allow additional hot bar windows (the squares to the right of the encounter/mount) for items that must be kept in inventory, but not necessarily hot keyed?
    • Will you please make more "bind on account on pickup" items? Things like mulhorand gear cannot be sold, salvaged, or transferred. It's really sad when I have to just discard an item that I won from a box that's so rare or paid a good deal on the AH for. BoAoP solves many botting/illegitimate actions (as you've noticed and began to do with more frequency, thank you but keep going) without completely punishing legit players, too.
    • What is your view on the idea of putting restriction to Protector Enclave's LFG or Zone Chat Channels to Level 60 or Level 70 only? Do you think by requiring a character to spend tremendous amount of time leveling before being able to post in these channels help reduce the amount of spam texts that do not belong in Channels?

Dungeons
    • Do you intend on fixing the need/greed system? (remove need/greed, and just give ALL party members an equal chance at the loot) If you have no intentions of making adjustments, what are your reasons for retaining the existing system?

PvP
    • Are there any plans at all to reexamine the PvP matchmaking system? There is a lot of frustration, especially from newer players, about being thrown into matches with people who severely outgear them, often to the point that no amount of skill could possibly make up for the difference in stat ratings. Players have suggested brackets many times and this idea is constantly shot down, usually citing longer queue times caused by a small community as the reasoning. Don't you think that the PvP community is small precisely because of this issue? It seems to me that many people who want to become a part of this PvP community and try to are turned off by the initial frustrating experience this lack of matchmaking causes.
    • As a secondary question I'd like to ask what your thoughts are in regards to the importance of PvP versus PvE content in this game; which do you feel is more important to both the business and the community.

Foundries
    • My only question is if they realize the potential they have with the Foundry and when they plan to put in the required effort to make it what they promised it would be.
    • "Neverwinter comes with the Foundry, a dynamic toolset that provides you the game assets and a sandbox environment to create your own adventures. When your creation is complete, you can hook it up directly into the existing world for everyone in the community to play!"
      When are you going to implement the fourth cornerstone "key feature" of the game?

Refining System
    • Have you made any plans to adhere to your goal of simplicity in refining when you originally changed the refinement system, and are you aware that you've made it much more complicated than it was originally?
    • Are you satisfied with the RP requirements of artifact equipment? Could you share the metrics of how many people refine via purchasing RP vs farming RP normally? How many players achieve epic or legendary quality on single vs. multiple characters?
    • Do you intend on simplifying the cumbersome refining system, if not why? What are your reasons for retaining the existing system? (i.e. the never-ending drag & drop, the 40+ different refining stones we need to store with limited storage space, etc.)
    • Was the refinement system built for pleasure or pain?

Classes
    • i would ask why GWF class was nerfed to the ground and then refused by devs to be brought back on other classes lvls.

Module 6
    it was said we will have a full respec with power included.
    i dont know how it will end up
    Why a poll?
    It's confirmed that we're getting a full re-spec.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Are any changes to the refining interface going be implemented and when? Specifically being able to refine stacks at a time instead of 5 at a time. Hand goes numb on double refining weekend:)
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Will Gifts of Tymora and Gift of Gods be updated to include mod 6 loot table IE rank 5s and profession resources.? along these lines any plans to update Tymora's lucky coin with higher stats since curve is steep in mod 6?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Tiamat, are we going to be able to enter as a group ever or still plan on it being solo q?
  • Options
    bobhunter1bobhunter1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    General
    What is the long term plan for the game? where do they see the game in 5 years from now?
    How have your feelings about the game changed over the past 2 years? What would you do differently if you could go back to Beta?
    What is the plan to bring back a sense of community to this current single player rp grindfest?
    There's a sense in the player community that Cryptic is more in the business of telling it's customers (us) what we want, rather than listening and giving us what we want. I realize what a lot of people want isn't appropriate, but this is still true in the broader sense as well. Do they have any plans or would they be open to creating a way for players be more involved in roadmap planning? A player board, for example, or different subject-specific groups (Guild, PvP, Class/balance, etc). Not an open community, but much much smaller. Perhaps under NDA, like how it was in Alpha so they can be more open with the information they share.
    Are you ever going to move away from the apparent business model of Pay not to Grind? I remember reading in a previous AMA about how your philosophy on the whole P2W/F2P issue was that you hated the idea of Pay to Win and instead wanted to focus on making a gabme that was so good, the users would want to pay for it buy purchashing things like mounts and dyes and companions and such. I loved reading that. Made me so happy, and I went and bought a mount because I was still playing that fun game you designed to get me from level 1 to level 60. But now that I'm at the endgame content on multiple characters, I've got to say it feels like very many minor quality of life improvements that have been suggested by the community are ignored entirely, things that would make the game better so people would want to pay for it, while new tedious RP grinds are added that can be skipped with the purchase of enough blood ruby packs. Month-long time-gated campaigns that can be skipped for 50 dollars are another example of this apparent Pay not to Grind (PntG) business model. Sometimes I feel like I'm being pushed by the game to pay to skip over a frustrating experience and I kind of resent that because I thought you guys really cared about making a game that people would honestly want to pay for because it was so good. I honestly feel like some of these things are purposely designed to be frustrating so I'll pay to skip over them and that's really not cool.

Game Features

Are you going to remove the completion delay for professions from the in-game interface? If you intend on retaining the existing delay, why?
    Can there be a function to allow additional hot bar windows (the squares to the right of the encounter/mount) for items that must be kept in inventory, but not necessarily hot keyed?
    Will you please make more "bind on account on pickup" items? Things like mulhorand gear cannot be sold, salvaged, or transferred. It's really sad when I have to just discard an item that I won from a box that's so rare or paid a good deal on the AH for. BoAoP solves many botting/illegitimate actions (as you've noticed and began to do with more frequency, thank you but keep going) without completely punishing legit players, too.

Classes

i would ask why GWF class was nerfed to the ground and then refused by devs to be brought back on other classes lvls.

Dungeons

Do you intend on fixing the need/greed system? (remove need/greed, and just give ALL party members an equal chance at the loot) If you have no intentions of making adjustments, what are your reasons for retaining the existing system?

Refining System

Have you made any plans to adhere to your goal of simplicity in refining when you originally changed the refinement system, and are you aware that you've made it much more complicated than it was originally?
    Are you satisfied with the RP requirements of artifact equipment? Could you share the metrics of how many people refine via purchasing RP vs farming RP normally? How many players achieve epic or legendary quality on single vs. multiple characters?
    Do you intend on simplifying the cumbersome refining system, if not why? What are your reasons for retaining the existing system? (i.e. the never-ending drag & drop, the 40+ different refining stones we need to store with limited storage space, etc.)
    Was the refinement system built for pleasure or pain?

Foundries

My only question is if they realize the potential they have with the Foundry and when they plan to put in the required effort to make it what they promised it would be.
    "Neverwinter comes with the Foundry, a dynamic toolset that provides you the game assets and a sandbox environment to create your own adventures. When your creation is complete, you can hook it up directly into the existing world for everyone in the community to play!"
    When are you going to implement the fourth cornerstone "key feature" of the game?
    (I seriously cannot find way to transfer your quoted text into here, what were you doing?

Module 6
    Quote Originally Posted by rayrdan View Post
    it was said we will have a full respec with power included.
    i dont know how it will end up
    Quote Originally Posted by joocycuzzzzzz View Post
    Why a poll?

It's confirmed that we're getting a full re-spec.

What kind of forced Respec are we getting in Module 6? There were threads made in Feedback Forums [1] [2] but we could not find any reference to official statement on it. Could you check with person in charge and give us official answer? I think the majority of players feel it is fair to have a forced "Full Respec: Ability Scores, Powers, Paragon Path, Feats, & Boons" rather than incomplete one we've gotten in Module 5, judging from the overhaul in stats and how the game works.
    Are you happy with Paladin? What do you think about all the negative feedback?

There are some really thoughtful & informative questions here guys, keep them coming.
    Reddit post will also be kept up to date here: (delete)
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Why is GWF in such a poor state and are there any plans for a full rework on this class anytime soon?
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    1) where are the new dungeons?
    2) are you going to give people way to earn ads with farming or not?
    3) thanks for some pvp fixing, would you mind create a specific pvp map or allow a foundry made one just to test this old idea of us?
  • Options
    trololololo11trololololo11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    in M6:
    1. will the pvp campaign receive a rework because of the gauntlgrym changes and the level increase?
    2. are you planning to change or improve the current refinement system?
    3. will we still have solo queue system in Tiamat?
  • Options
    mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It says if you can't make the AMA to submit questions on Twitter or Facebook..

But Akro ... you know what.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    How will you improve and streamline the refining UI and experience? As of right now, players still have to spend hours dragging and clicking refining items 5 hours at a time. Are there any plans to improve this process?
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    another quesion i would like to ask is:

during this preview testing we havent see much dev activity or answering. Is this a new policy or they were busy with some thing else like xbox etc etc? Because i personally didnt bother testing more than a hour or two a week knowing that i would not have received any answer.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Q: Will foundry get some love, finally, please?

Authors and Players need unsploitable rewards. If this means hiring a 'Dungeon Master' to handle verified and 'eligible' quests, so be it.

Players can create the endgame content for Cryptic. Sorry if that puts you out of a job tho, Ms. Level designer. ;D Maybe apply for the Dungeon Master position? ;D

[Loved Respen's!]

[Play my spelljammer foundry, it's fun!]
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    synthetssynthets Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Will pc get xbox controller support with the upcomming xbox 1 release?
  • Options
    geministrikegeministrike Member Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    Why are there still only 3 PvP domination maps?

Why aren't there any matchmaking improvements?

Why do we have to put refining stones 5 by 5 instead of 99 stacks (non crit giving ones such as peridots etc) at a time? Is it because to give players carpal tunnel?
  • Options
    theastromachinetheastromachine Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    How many hours a week do you play casually? I mean playing for specific enjoyment of the game and not work related testing etc. How often does the dev team play together? What is your favorite class to play and your favorite zone?

Any thoughts on creating player/Guild houses? I personally would like somewhere to put my extra mounts other than my valuable bank space. There is no incentive for me to buy/earn the other mounts offered in the game because they are pretty much useless outside of using your fastest one. The same goes for extra companions, they just sit in my inventory to collect dust, I don't even try to get them anymore when an event rolls around. I'd like to see something also visually connect to my professions skills, maybe, as the skills rank up I can improve buildings. There is a lot of potential here for increased revenue to cryptic as well, since many of us who do spend money on the game do it because we like the feeling of completing things. There should be other tasks to complete, other than "Use a gabillion refinement points for max gear."

How much time do you expect a player to spend in order to get enough refinement points to get their artifact gear to the new level 70? Do you think it is attainable for a person who plays maybe 1-3 hours a day? Or do you expect the player to use the AH in order to buy the needed refining stones.

Speaking of the AH, would it be possible to have a spot where I can drop an item in a box and have it find the similar items listed? This would be very helpful for when I'm selling items a bunch of items. I want to quickly be able to find them and list them without having to worry about typing the name exactly correct. Not a big deal, just handy feature. I would use the ammounts that auto fill if they were at all accurate, but they are always off and listing items by that value will not get sold quickly.

Tiamat needs work, everyone who runs it knows this. What are you doing to specifically address the issue of lag spiking? 9/10 of my runs end up lagging severely, to the point where I can't control my character which usually means I end up dead.

Also the queue needs a fix or a work around. What about special queues which guild leaders can enter their entire group for a full party, or groups of 5 can queue together and be matched with other groups of 5, but only works for full groups. Allowing people to play with their friends is a staple of MMOs, if it can't be fixed for Tiamat then please consider this when creating new content.

I main a DC, will the changes in Mod6 draw a player like me back into PvP? I currently don't play any PvP, it just isn't fun for a DC. We're the weakest class out there in PvP, to the point where I don't even feel the class is playable or wanted in PvP matches. Because we can't do decent damage, if I'm alone I die. A 1v1 battle isn't me trying to fight the other guy, it's me trying not to get murdered. I know as DC I shouldn't expect to be at the top of the kills but I should be able to at least hold my own and survive a 1v1. If I'm with a group I'm the first to be attacked because even my own skills for which my class is based (Healing/Buffs) can't keep me alive, so I die. 2v2 well the guy I'm supporting will be DPS's down quicker than I can sustain him, once he is down I'm next. I die I die I die.

Could more PVP game types be added? Even if I'm terrible at it, I would be more interested if there were other game types. I like the idea of a moving battering ram where if your team stands near it the ram will slowly move towards the opponent's gate, eventually crashing through their gate. The defensive team could have a series of traps, maybe like a huge ballista which has to be activated causing a large AoE but is on a timed cool down or hot cauldrons of burning oil to dump when they get really close to your gate. MOBAs are also pretty popular, could you have a PvP match with the standard three lanes and spawning NPC's you can follow. The farming side would be hard to implement, maybe enemies drop coins which are used to purchase buffs/stronger NPC's but these coins aren't carried over to other games.

Aside from just not buying stuff from them, is there anything we, as a community can do to stop botting (that **** cleric is annoying as hell)? I've tried reporting people who are using very obvious bots, but once the report goes in I feel like it is a black hole. I once took a bunch of screen grabs of a guy who had 3 characters spawning and running to him while he stood in the IWD pvp area, obviously they were bots since I attacked them and they never fought back. He even said they were his bots. I had screen shots of pretty much everything, his account, the bots accounts. I reported it and I don't think anything happened. If I see AD sellers in chat I report them as spam, but does anything actually happen other than them just going to my ignore list?

Any plans to make the various vendor seals actually useful? Typically, by the time I get enough to buy any gear I've already leveled past it. It would be helpful if I could send them to other characters, who could use the better gear while they level up.

Finally, is there a question you would like to ask me?
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    zvieris wrote: »
    Why is GWF in such a poor state and are there any plans for a full rework on this class anytime soon?

I have to agree with this one here. I have tried and tried to get DEV attention here but the one time I spoke to Panderus he did say their testing shows GWFs on par with other classes. So I challenged his thinking there... It seems clear as day from my experience playing GWF back to the BETA, the class has never been in a worse place.

I dont want a complete re-work I HOPE there are NO more re-works but merely SMALL changes.

That said:

Comment + QUestion: The new 3v3 PVP looks amazing, same with 10vs10 GG, this was a GREAT idea! Are we going to get any any maps eventually? It seems like the 3v3 matches might be better suited on a smaller map size and the normal 5v5s would greatly benefit from MORE maps.

Also I could see an easy adaptation to 5v5s being a 3v3 "single node" domination match. So you would have 3v3 "slayer" and 3v3 "single node" Thoughts?
  • Options
    hargoodhargood Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My Questions:

What exactly is happening to the existing 60+ Zones, and Dungeons on the other side of this Module? Are they going to be bumped to 70 Content with new 70 items, or are they remaining 60. (This for people who have NO way of seeing the Beta Shard)

and..

Will there be any new Event to Kick off this Module? Should we expect an Elemental Attack on Neverwinter sometime in the future? I need to know incase of alot of fire because i need to go to the store because I'm all out of Aloe!
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    QUESTION: TIAMAT

Have you considered turning Tiamat into a "Que" system like we have with all the other dungeons - allowing players to enter with a 5 man party?

This alleviates two issues:
    1) Physically having to BE at the door (several times I have missed it by just a FEW seconds)
    2) Not being able to play with your friends - isnt this the point of MMOs?
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Updating on some "hot topic" answers already posted.

On Refinement:

[-]pattitto00 4 points 20 minutes ago
    Santiago Giménez Bueno I want to ask about the future of reffinement sistem. Make again new artifacts in m6 ( because they have better stats) one more cuality , 12 levels more means to get million refinement points...again. People that never uses bots are beggining to think that it can be an option. Players want to play, not waste hours farming rp...

[–]ironzerg 3 points 17 minutes ago
    At the very least, a more user friendly interface that's easier on the fingers...carpal tunnel is bad for business :)

]PWE_CommunityOfficial 3 points 13 minutes ago

We definitely agree that there are some painful points in the UI. That’s something we will be fixing as soon as we feel is feasibly possible. It comes up daily here in the office (meaning that it’s something we care a lot about).

[–]Verdonix 2 points 7 minutes ago

THIS^ you need to be able to take a whole stack of something and drop it in one shot... this 5 at a time is HORRIBLE and not fun.... this IS a game... games are suppose to = FUN

Response :
    PWE_CommunityOfficial 2 points 3 minutes ago
    "games are suppose to = FUN" Totally agree! Definitely keep an eye on future updates, there will be something there to fix this issue.

On Build Swapping:

abizaria 2 points 18 minutes ago
    hi, pwe ever thought on putting 2 powers bars so we can change one to other easy ?

–]PWE_CommunityOfficial 1 point 12 minutes ago
    More build swapping options is something that we have definitely thought about. Right now it’s not something Cryptic, as a studio, hasn't invested in already, so it’s going to take considerable effort to ramp up. However, we think this kind of addition would be a big win for the game.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Did we managed to kill Reddit? Because the channel seems down for me with a 503 error.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    so we left questions here but I did not see them asked during the reddit? will they be asked/answered separately?
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    nothing interesting, mostly what we are already heard, few times get promised they think about. there were pvp content promise soon revealed, so i think later on module 6, there will be that updated arena or gauntlgrym...
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Well, no specifics were really answered by Lindsay.

I wish there were more specific answers to the questions.

Such as streamlining the refining process (as mentioned above). Her reply were just reassurances, which in my opinion seemed generic and a little bit patronising. A better response would have been to elaborate on how it would have been fixed.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Summation of Foundry answers...

About foundry updates.
    • We're sad about it and want to fix it "soon."
      • ...right after module 3, er...4, er...5, er...6, er... "soon."

About more foundry forum communication.
    • We have some people who are passionate about the foundry, we'll see what we can do.
      • i.e. Management- "Hey spirals999, can you post something in foundry forums on Mondays?"

Nothing about PvP foundry, foundry housing, foundry rewards, foundry incentives, etc.

I especially liked this part...

"how many staffs works specifically on Neverwinter ?"
    • "Well, I'm not sure how much info like that I'm supposed to talk about publicly. I'm no expert in business information and things like that. However I'd say we have a medium sized team."
      • "Most" (professional) software development is done using "agile methodogies" these days. An "agile team" is comprised of typically a Manager, Business Analyst, A QA person, and probably 2-5 developers. So I think you can see where a "medium team" might fall.