test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dead World

asasinxasasinx Member Posts: 48 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Foundry Quest Database
This is my first big project. So please rate , review and enjoy.
Name: Dead World

Dead_World.jpg
Untitled.jpg
Description : You have been tasked to investigate the strange lights near a small town.
ID:NW-DRXN33XBK
Duration:15-25 mins.
I'm not gonna say anymore because , "spoiler alert".
I welcome any reviews and suggestions.
Leave your foundry codes here for review trade.

I have made some major changes to it.Thanks melinden for the detailed review.
Edit:I want to thank Locksheon for streaming my foundry and for the suggestions he gave. I fixed some misspells and some bugs and made some changes as a intro for the second part.

If I get a decent amount of reviews (lets say 100) I'll post a second part.Already started working on it and is gonna be massive. But I don't want to make another foundry that nobody will play and abusers to get all the reviews as usual...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I played with my level 60 DC. Your maps are a little too clean. I would recommend you add bushes, flowers, and grass to help make them look a little more lifelike. I would also recommending adding many more ambient sounds and music.

You don’t have much of a story with the quest. That’s ok but it is something that especially other Authors may find lacking. Some players don’t mind, however.

Detailed Notes:
    -it confused me that I was asked to go to a small town at the exit was a sewer grate in PE.
    -the exit grate in PE has the default “Press F to Go to Next Map”. It is usually preferred if you change this to something that matches your story better.

Forest:
    -you may want to turn Waypoints off for the first objective since it tells players to follow the lights on the road but the path leads into the forest.
    -the four elite bears in the forest together might be difficult for lower level or lower geared characters
    -you may want to add ambient sound and music to this map.
    -I found it very amusing I was asking the bad guys nicely to stop what they are doing
    -in the line “…stop this so i can be on my way” the I needs to be capitalized. Same with the next dialogue box: “Good, so i can…” Actually in all your dialogues I needs to be capitalized

Town:
    -It is nice to see an entirely custom map!
    -the firefighter is very clever
    -you may want to add the chimney smoke detail at the top of the furnaces
    -not sure the comment about the “hot female leader” makes much sense since my character is a woman who is not attracted to other women.
    -I liked the scripted events very much
    -after getting the water, when I return to the Count, in his dialogue “undeads” should be “undead” since English is weird.

Mausoleum:
    -I did appreciate the music on this map
    -the inside was a little bare, more details on this map would help

Return to the Town:
    -I like the music here too
    -the marriage proposal was rather awkward since I play a woman who is not attracted to other women. I suppose that just gives her even more reason to take the reward and leave.
    -the map to leave reads “Press F to Go to Next Map”

I don't have anything on the Review Tab right now so you don't need to play any of mine.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • asasinxasasinx Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for the review.Tomorrow i will try to make the changes.
    The bears in the forest are more like a punishment for not following the path :D
    I know the maps are a to clean but i tried to take into consideration the lag that too many details might create , but i'll see what i can do about it.
    But the fact that this foundry gave you at least a smile or a laugh it means i achieved my goal :)
    edited March 2015
    Ok so today I started to make many many changes.Sounds , details NPCs...But I run into a little problem.I have ambient sounds but they don't want to start when I enter the map(I made them start with a waypoint at close distance from the respawn point).But is that a bug?Will it start on the live server?
    Also I'm about to finish the decor for the town.Only the mausoleum and town under attack left.My question is should : should i add details on town under attack considering the fact that it has quite a few encounters?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I had the same problem, so I put a waypoint just past the entrance so it was impossible to not have the sounds start on reaching it.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • russe2623russe2623 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I've had the same problem with music. When you edit the backdrop, some maps allow you to choose music but this rarely works so I'd place music on the map but it never starts automatically so have to create a waypoint just outside the spawn location. It doesn't seem to work if the spawn location is within the waypoint radius either. But then again, the backdrop music seems to work fine with certain sounds. Maybe theres only a handful of music that you can use with the backdrop? I think it's a bug.
    The Legend of One-eyed Drin : NWS-DTS5YGGAQ
    edited March 2015
    I finished the changes to it so review and post your foundry here for review trade.
  • tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I played and reviewed "Dead World", my thoughts are in yesterday's Weekly Review. If you want to play one of mine, Crushbone's Revenge could use a little love.

Thank you!
    dec2014nwsig.png
    edited March 2015
    I made even more changes to it, so if you reviewed some time ago, you might wanna check it again now.
    edited March 2015
    Edit, check first post.