test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

AD for Zen

beathrusbeathrus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
So... There are no listings for Zen anymore, for buying with AD? Has this been going on for a while or something? Just a bit curious, so if anyone can give me info, please do?
Post edited by beathrus on

Comments

• beathrusbeathrus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes, that is very useful! Thank you so much!
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,492 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    From way back when we had the huge Zen queue, my experience was that around 1M Zen is flowing through the system each day.
    So with a 1M queue you can expexct around 1 day wait.

Not sure if the Zen flow rate is the same today though.
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    From way back when we had the huge Zen queue, my experience was that around 1M Zen is flowing through the system each day.
    So with a 1M queue you can expexct around 1 day wait.

Not sure if the Zen flow rate is the same today though.

There was a lengthy period of time your buy order would not be filled for more than one week. Now, there are far less players buying zen. I put in an order to buy 10k zen the past Sunday and it was filled the next day. Not the same day but pretty close to it though.
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    beathrus wrote: »
    So... There are no listings for Zen anymore, for buying with AD? Has this been going on for a while or something? Just a bit curious, so if anyone can give me info, please do?

This is also a normal Zen market response in anticipation of upcoming mod release as well as the double exp weekend is having an effect. My experience has been the backlog will continue to rise as it has in the past weeks before a mod release.

As another poster pointed out, the zen-ad is flowing just your place in line is further down.
  • cyencecyence Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I wish they would raise the cap above 500. Zen is worth more than that.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    cyence wrote: »
    I wish they would raise the cap above 500. Zen is worth more than that.

And then that would lower the value of all the AD you have, and essentially make everything in the Zen shop that much more expensive.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • cyencecyence Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    And then that would lower the value of all the AD you have, and essentially make everything in the Zen shop that much more expensive.

It would make things from the zen store more expensive for people buying Zen with AD. For people like me, that spend real life money on zen mostly to trade it for AD to spend on stuff on the AH, this would be great.
  • s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There's a good chance the backlog remains till the end of summer.. Seasonal play has a distinct effect on MMO's..
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is a bit strange, don't you think so? Usually Zen price doesn't go up that early before new mod, and mod6 will bring more AD sinks, not Zen sinks.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There's a good chance the backlog remains till the end of summer.. Seasonal play has a distinct effect on MMO's..

Considering that the backlog has dropped by nearly half a million orders overnight. I suspect it wont last nearly as long as you are thinking. My guess is the backlog will drop to near nil in the next few days. We will then see another short spike when mod 6 drops, that will last for a week or two, before going to normal again.
  • totallynotfrishtotallynotfrish Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Considering that the backlog has dropped by nearly half a million orders overnight. I suspect it wont last nearly as long as you are thinking. My guess is the backlog will drop to near nil in the next few days. We will then see another short spike when mod 6 drops, that will last for a week or two, before going to normal again.

The drop is because ad is what is wanted for the 2x rp. Especially with no refinement sale. It'll go back up after.
  • quotablequotable Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Price controls have been causing shortages since ancient times. The game hard-codes in a price floor of 50 AD/zen and a price ceiling of 500 AD/zen. If the market equilibrium is between 50 and 500, this has no effect. If it goes outside of that range, then you get a shortage. Which is exactly what we're seeing.

Quaternion from the previous forum
  • oilgaznorfoilgaznorf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I understand that you should be able to purchase Zen with AD. i have tried to use the AD to Zen exchange. i post my offer but is sits there for days. i do not even see any listing for the best price for Zen! is there some thing wrong with the exchange or am i using is wrong? it seems odd that with all the people playing Neverwinter that there in not one listing. i also read that you can buy Zen at the AH but i searched for Zen with no results.
    any help would be great.
    thanks
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There is a backlog at the moment - just not enough people selling zen. Place an order for 500 each and it should be filled in a day or two. If you've placed an order for less than 500 each it will never get filled because lots of others are placing orders at 500.

The backlog may or may not fall away after mod 6 launches in a couple of weeks.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    put your offer at 500 ad for each zen.
    wait 3 days and you will have them.

i got 680 zen after 30 hours

if you dont want to wait, buy the item you want from the auction house paying a bit more