test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Who will Roll an Oathbound Paladin on Launch Day?

kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I think I will! I have seven characters already, so I see no reason not make an eighth, LoL.

But I won't be making him a Half-Orc that's for darn sure :D

3ca9d994354c81707c068ab9b01394531424829767.png
Post edited by kurtb88 on

Comments

• Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I probably will roll one but I doubt if he'll be hitting 60/70 for a while.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I will, I like collecting sigils :o

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Sigil_of_the_Oathbound_Paladin

Use: Your Oathbound Paladin spirit will erect a temporary zone of safety where you, and your allies, gain 20% increased damage resistance and are rapidly healed.

Equip: +4,000 Maximum Hit Points
    Equip: +1,000 Power
    Equip: +600 AoE Resist

awesome!

Holy Cow! That is very awesome.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    kurtb88 wrote: »
    Holy Cow! That is very awesome.

At Mythic level - yes it is.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm making one , leveling it as fast as possible to get the artifact then retire it to be a leadership alt lol
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    judicaturejudicature Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I will I'm still an alt-a-olic.
  • Options
    untamedengineer#6733 untamedengineer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have slot 18 and 19 still open. Will roll two paladins alts one for each primary path. In the end they will still end up as alts and feed my main play character.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Who will Roll an Oathbound Paladin on Launch Day?

Me me me me me me me me me!

(Please can we have a sale on char slots the week before? Please? Please?)
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If i will get somehow enought patience i will also roll pally, just to be an alt, 8th sigil to collection.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    untamedengineer#6733 untamedengineer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Speaking of sales... any indications of Module and/or class packages going up for sale in the marketplace? If I had to guess I would say at least a 3,500 Zen pally pack (with blue companion unlock), but hopefully something to go with the Module as well. :p
  • Options
    djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Having a GF and DC at 60, I will skip this one. I like having a character of each class so I can switch if I get tired of the play-style for awhile. OP being a DC or GF play-style I see no reason to roll one.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think I will!

One does not simply play on launch day.
  • Options
    alex1essalex1ess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I will absolutely roll one, mostly because i like a tank but i find Guardians to be boring as wood to play. So my hope is that the Paladin will be more fun... And if nothing else... it will always be "OP.... Because you know.. Oatbound Paladin..

It was funny in my head at least... =P =)
    Want to peek inside my mind The Soapbox
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I already have one ready, just haven't created it yet. :confused:

Speakin of OP Packages.....I can picture an augment companion, the Goblin Squire. Who wears an oversized helmet with its eyes buggin out, like Marvin the Martian, while carrying a golf bag with all sorts of weapons (Sword, Mace, Hammer, Lance, Spear, Flails,etc.). :p
  • Options
    dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Making one to level 10 just to have in my character slot. then Katrina to 70, I've been running her already on the preview and loving the new HR encounter powers and class features. I'll be gearing her to a moderate survivable rate. then go on a gear fest for the paly.
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • Options
    learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    im thinking of it but would prefer a fix to the classes we all ready have love to see the gfs get the powers they need to acualy be the tanks the are suposed to be
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I'll make one alright. but not on the first day. I wanna see the new content first. And I hope we don't get overrun with 100s of Gareth Dragonsbane's and Dragonbait's like we had with Drizzt and the HR class.

More like an army of Aribeth de Tylmarande.

And PS. @learch123 if u think gf lack any skills, u r a bad gf. That said, somethings could be fixed, but imo its nothing mandatory.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I've got a 18k GF with which I had fun lvling through PvP only and then spent many hours in the dungeons farming and helping friends that stuck at last bosses in VT/CN/MC. I take OPs as a threat to that class. I see no reason to roll one and play it unless class artifact won't change and remains as cheesy as it is now on preview. Had enough RP routine already, besides Lawful Good...what a gross...
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    dave49424 wrote: »
    Speaking of sales... any indications of Module and/or class packages going up for sale in the marketplace? If I had to guess I would say at least a 3,500 Zen pally pack (with blue companion unlock), but hopefully something to go with the Module as well. :p

Nothing has been announced, but that does seem to be the pattern.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    More like an army of Aribeth de Tylmarande.

And PS. @learch123 if u think gf lack any skills, u r a bad gf. That said, somethings could be fixed, but imo its nothing mandatory.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

lets see 1 pally has how manny hard tauns gf has 1 that clears as soon as they hit you
    pally has a 360 block gf has what 100 degree
    so ya i thin the gf need more tools or at least some more of them
  • Options
    mh0rammh0ram Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'll be the guy selling you all your Mulhorand Items. I can't wait.
  • Options
    cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I want to, but no more character slots left. Maybe they'll have a sale and I could muster up the AD needed by then.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    There will be a massive flood of Paladins in PE on release day and for the next week. The real curiosity question will be: Which are they: Tank or Healer - and we'll have to wait until they reach level 30 to find out.

I predict tank to healer ratio of 10/1. I'll roll one of each, but likely roll a healer first just because they'll be more rare (and DC has always been my favorite for lack of a Paladin up to now also).
  • Options
    tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The people planning to make a paladin (they deserved that name?) should go to check all the feedback related to this class on the preview shard. Maybe u will change ur mind =).
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tomiotar wrote: »
    The people planning to make a paladin (they deserved that name?) should go to check all the feedback related to this class on the preview shard. Maybe u will change ur mind =).

I've been playing a Paladin for the last few weeks. Imaluvin' it. Granted that the dps is sushi, but the tankiness is dreadnaught. That's the expected trade-off (and they just this last week boosted DPS 50%, hoefully they'll do just a touch more).

Here's the thing; it's a lot like playing a GF in the early levels (meaning: low DPS damage/high survivability). Anyone experienced in playing tanks (in any MMO) understands this DPS / HP trade-off. As for any FUBAR Mod 6 things: that will affect all classes. But Paladin will be all over the place because shiny.

(And Dragonborn Paladin is a wicked idea. I'm undecided between Dragonborn and Human for the extra heroics... grrrr)
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    God no, please no more Dragonborn. They haunt me in my nightmares now even. Went to McDonalds the other day and half the customers were giant overgrown lizards!
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I will be leveling my favorite toons to 70 while selling gear to all the new Pallis.....
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'll roll one, get him to Lvl 11 that first day,...

...and then probably let invoking and leadership work their magic until gear becomes available at acceptable prices. :^/
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    God no, please no more Dragonborn. They haunt me in my nightmares now even. Went to McDonalds the other day and half the customers were giant overgrown lizards!

What exactly was the nightmare? The lizard thing or going to McVomit's? :°[)