test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release in March ?

mehsybillmehsybill Member Posts: 2 Arc User

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• devildriver1987devildriver1987 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That's been the "rumour" for ages, But don't be too excited because if were meant to release with the same module as the pc version they will probably test it on pc first... If we are lucky end of march. But there is little talk of the xbox version atm, Its quiet for us...

Alot of people are losing interest because of the lack of info,
    Don't follow me....you will only find yourself lost at the end of it all.
  • tzarofkaostzarofkaos Member Posts: 42
    edited February 2015
    No official announcement.
    I got a bunch of games to keep me busy.
    And i'm ready to play Neverwinter,whenever it will be release.
  • vamperovampero Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When ever the release is for Xbox One, I'm waiting !!! I liked it so much better than the PC version.
  • fortie1fortie1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    well i got back to the game on pc last week and to get all the campaigns when every is already 20K GS score and you are 10K GS ... feels so left behind :p , but bring on xbox 1 release quickly
  • awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Missed the Beta due to RL obligations, but looking forward to the console release. Been waiting a long time as a former EQOA'er on PS2 for a console MMO.

I actually downloaded the PC version of Neverwinter over this past weekend to get my feet wet so to speak. I have never been able to really get into PC gaming, and after fooling around over the weekend, I'm reminded why, console gamer at heart & IMO the game will be (to me at least) much more enjoyable with a controller in hand.

I cannot recall the last time I was actually anxiously awaiting a game to come out. That said, a release date announcement would be wonderful.
  • newblacksmurfnewblacksmurf Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When I see the game on the Xbox store for pre-order than I'll believe it.
    Considering its F2P I doubt it will appear earlier than the night before release.....
  • krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We would be lucky with a late March release at this point. Not really sure what they were thinking when they said release is "sooner than we think." Sooner than we think would be late February which is clearly not happening. It sounds like they ran into some issues and are afraid to admit there's no release date set in place.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • thayellarunnathayellarunna Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'd guess the release to be the same time they change lockboxes, which is likely when Elemental Evil comes out. Makes sense, or else w.e; I dont see why it'd be very long if the xbox beta pretty much had most of the content available in what will be the full game already.
    edited February 2015
    If you look up the game in the xbox store it shows a release date of 03/31. Seems to be a solid leak to go on.
  • adra666adra666 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    krad777 wrote: »
    If you look up the game in the xbox store it shows a release date of 03/31. Seems to be a solid leak to go on.

seen this myself. xbox wouldnt accidently put that up if it isnt a solid date. sooo lets hope
  • darnximxdeaddarnximxdead Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    adra666 wrote: »
    seen this myself. xbox wouldnt accidently put that up if it isnt a solid date. sooo lets hope

3/31 is just a place holder, basically the same for other games with 12/31 for there release date that have no official news for release. 3/31 is the end of the 1st quarter; when they first announced neverwinter, it was expecting to be released in the West during Q1 of 2015.

Announcement is coming soon probably later this week or next[i'm assuming(could be totally wrong)]. They announced the content that will be released, which was already known but still announcement was made for the console version too keep people happy.

Honestly, if they stay true too the 1st quarter launch it will probably be released during the PC mod 6 launch(17th -24th[just a guess])
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    There's no official date announced yet. The "Q1" and "March" listings on gaming fan and news sites is just a commonly placed estimate based on information they have to go on. However, in a live stream, it was said that it is coming sooner than most think and that its coming so soon, that there probably won't be an open beta period. Stay tuned to the official news site for future information.

Also, here's a tagged list of XBOX-Specific News Listings, that will propagate in real time as new articles are posted.
    edited February 2015
    "Sooner than expected" has come and gone for most. Sucks that the 03/31 is just a place holder. Hopefully we get some news regarding an actual date this week.
  • giantsirslayergiantsirslayer Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the xbox store shows the release will the march 31st. i hope its true man but i wouldnt think they have it ready on the store if it wasent going to release. Thanks kuroneko takashi for the info. sorry for bad grammer im half asleep lol.
    edited February 2015
    March 31st..... Yer right "sooner" than we think. This is later than we thought, well with dark souls 2 releasing soon after, I'll play a little if this is the release date,

Can a Mod confirm this?

B***s**t tbh its nearly later than they said.
    edited February 2015
    I'm not bitter I swear lol :)
  • thayellarunnathayellarunna Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The release date is a Tuesday so I dont think the 31 is just for show in this case. Games usually come out Tuesday or Friday, and 3/31 is still Q1 so I don't see why not. They sound pretty confident about releasing it soon without an open beta and that's pretty much 2 months after the closed beta.

Just be ready =P
  • borochigoroborochigoro Member Posts: 31
    edited February 2015
    I mainstre a group of people in the beta but I think as long afternoon, none played.
  • kattfiskenkattfisken Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    March 31 is a confirmed date now! 5 weeks away! Yaaaay :P
    edited February 2015
    Definitely not "sooner than expected" especially considering that's the last day of Q1, but good to finally have the release date confirmed.
  • warlord2015kwarlord2015k Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Its the 31st they just posted on facebook and news
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Aye, it is now official! Rejoice!

That sure is sooner than I had expected. I didn't expect it to late June or July.
  • tzarofkaostzarofkaos Member Posts: 42
    edited February 2015
    Nice,i'm ready....
  • keithgibbkeithgibb Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If you can't wait for the xbox version I have managed to get Neverwinter on PC running flawlessly with an xbox one controller.

All you need are the windows drivers (Windows 7 or better) and copy of glovepie which is a free to download utility and a decent script. You are right, it is so much better with a pad. I've been getting top kill places in dungeon crawls and I reckon it's down to the use of the controller as I am rubbish at games:)

If you get everything working and want a copy of the script I'm using PM me.
  • masta420captainmasta420captain Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    keithgibb wrote: »
    If you can't wait for the xbox version I have managed to get Neverwinter on PC running flawlessly with an xbox one controller.

All you need are the windows drivers (Windows 7 or better) and copy of glovepie which is a free to download utility and a decent script. You are right, it is so much better with a pad. I've been getting top kill places in dungeon crawls and I reckon it's down to the use of the controller as I am rubbish at games:)

If you get everything working and want a copy of the script I'm using PM me.

Nice, I have tried using Xpadder, but need to map more of the controls. I like Xpadder because I can also use the mouse cursor with the controller. I'm gonna try out glovepie if it works well with Neverwinter, maybe PM me what setup/instructions to use. Thanks!

Oh, my gamertag is Masta G X1 ... cant wait for the Xbox One release :)
    edited February 2015
    Closing this up now as we have an official thread up on this.

Please use this one now instead:
    Neverwinter is coming to Xbox One on March 31st, 2015!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
This discussion has been closed.