test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New lvl 70 artifact main hand/offhand confirmed yippeee............

Comments

• erikiki1erikiki1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    here's a comparison of the level 60 and level 70
    8JZ2Rif.png
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Are your characters ALL Level 60?
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Let's review a couple things that people seem to not be calculating into the mix.

1) Has anyone actually tried feeding a legendary into these new artifacts and taken a look at the resulting stats? Sure, it's not 1:1 and you're not getting an instant new legendary. However, I'll wager that even what you're left with is a substantial upgrade to what you had previously--and you have a leg up on someone getting the item fresh--which, I would reasonably suspect, only those going for OP will have to start fresh, and then they're facing the exact same climb they did pre mod-6.

2) Leadership is getting a new set of tasks that offer non-bound (as far as I've been able to determine) RP. Therefore, I perceive that there will be a more readily available source of RP for mod 6. It's not insta-legendary, but it's something.

I still stand by my previous statement, albeit with additions: Reserve judgement, the sky is not falling. Let's see how all things pan out in mod 6 before jumping to conclusions.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Let's review a couple things that people seem to not be calculating into the mix.

1) Has anyone actually tried feeding a legendary into these new artifacts and taken a look at the resulting stats? Sure, it's not 1:1 and you're not getting an instant new legendary. However, I'll wager that even what you're left with is a substantial upgrade to what you had previously--and you have a leg up on someone getting the item fresh--which, I would reasonably suspect, only those going for OP will have to start fresh, and then they're facing the exact same climb they did pre mod-6.

2) Leadership is getting a new set of tasks that offer non-bound (as far as I've been able to determine) RP. Therefore, I perceive that there will be a more readily available source of RP for mod 6. It's not insta-legendary, but it's something.

I still stand by my previous statement, albeit with additions: Reserve judgement, the sky is not falling. Let's see how all things pan out in mod 6 before jumping to conclusions.

You get around 5 times less than you invested. I see you are trying to minimize the outrage, being a mod and all, but you cannot think that anyone will actually take your statement as logical.

I do agree with you that we need to wait and see exactly what the new stuff is, how will it be obtained and such. Hey, maybe they will be upgrades to current artifact weapons, albeit highly unlikely, seeing as they were purchasable with linu's favors at the vendor.
    It's not long till we see exactly what we will get on live anyway, but it's disheartening that the devs posting on the forum denied new artifact equipment not long ago and only stated updated levels on existing ones.
    Some more info prior to the release of such items on the preview would have been best to avoid the outrage and confusion we now see, maybe they will actually post something the next week.
  • kazearimorikazearimori Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    cococya wrote: »
    You get around 5 times less than you invested. I see you are trying to minimize the outrage, being a mod and all, but you cannot think that anyone will actually take your statement as logical.

I do agree with you that we need to wait and see exactly what the new stuff is, how will it be obtained and such. Hey, maybe they will be upgrades to current artifact weapons, albeit highly unlikely, seeing as they were purchasable with linu's favors at the vendor.
    It's not long till we see exactly what we will get on live anyway, but it's disheartening that the devs posting on the forum denied new artifact equipment not long ago and only stated updated levels on existing ones.
    Some more info prior to the release of such items on the preview would have been best to avoid the outrage and confusion we now see, maybe they will actually post something the next week.

The above poster is correct.
    Any RP invested into an artifact, if used as feeder, will retain 20% of its RP to be carried over to another artifact.
    If slots match (eg. main hand to main hand), there will be a x2 multiplier.
    All in all, the next artifact that you target to level will only maximum receive 40% of what was previously invested.

AND, there's another catch.
    This calculation is based on similar iLvl, meaning to say the iLvl we have been comparing and feeding has a max of Lv60 or a representation of iLvl 120 in preview.
    Another hateful thing to see happen is that we can't feed an iLvl 120 to an iLvl 135.
    (similar to current situation where you can only feed a Lv60 item OR a refinement stone to your artifact, but you can't use anything < Lv60 to feed)
    edited February 2015
    I pulled my character to level 70 and upgraded the new offhand for the TR to legendary.

Newarti.png

The new artifact weapon is better but not much in my opinion. A problem is that there are running people with wrong datas. If you have an character around level 60 and go in the Well Of Dragon you are upgraded to Level 70. Then your old and new artifact weapons deals around double the amount of damage. For example the weapon damage is around 1,200 to 1,300 as TR (you simply get over-buffed by the system).
    To refine the old weapon in the new one grants you 1,858,772 RP (on max Level). The needed RP to upgrade your new weapon are similar to the old weapons.
    Personally i think the old artifact weapons will get an overhaul.
    plat.png
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Offensive......
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Karakla1 is correct. Right now there are major issues with scaling going on all over the place. Scaling level 60 players up to 70 makes them laughably overpowered by increasing weapon damage massively. When a level 70 character is scaled down to lower level content it is having a bunch of unintended effects like nerfing damage from enchantments down to nothing. Their scaling equations need work.

That's the reason this looks outrageous. It's not because the new equipment is a massive upgrade. It is because, with wonky level scaling, we're not getting an apples to apples comparison. A level 60 character looking at a level 70 weapon is going to see different stats than what a level 70 character sees in the same item.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2015
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    Karakla1 is correct. Right now there are major issues with scaling going on all over the place. Scaling level 60 players up to 70 makes them laughably overpowered by increasing weapon damage massively. When a level 70 character is scaled down to lower level content it is having a bunch of unintended effects like nerfing damage from enchantments down to nothing. Their scaling equations need work.

That's the reason this looks outrageous. It's not because the new equipment is a massive upgrade. It is because, with wonky level scaling, we're not getting an apples to apples comparison. A level 60 character looking at a level 70 weapon is going to see different stats than what a level 70 character sees in the same item.

Which, then, the logical conclusion would still be that details aren't quite finalized or concrete enough to make an objective assessment on comparing the two items at this time.

Rampant speculation and conjecuture is the best anyone would be able to do until we can do a straight, objective comparison of the final stats.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Which, then, the logical conclusion would still be that details aren't quite finalized or concrete enough to make more than a speculative--wildly so, in some cases--to make an objective assessment on comparing the two items at this time.

But, but, but...this is the INTERNET! :)

Seriously though, I agree. Launch is still a month out, and there's a lot of stuff on the Preview that we're seeing that the Devs haven't even officially commented on. Until I see official Dev comments on a lot of this stuff, I'm not going to waste energy a) testing or b) getting upset about it.

When they make an official announcement here about Artifact gear changes, then we can dive deeper into it.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited February 2015
    I personally have no problem if the new artifact weapon set is slightly better than the old one but i think it is too early for the community to give us a new BIS Item Set even if it is not much better. Different Sets with different Stat combinations would be cool.
    plat.png
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Pics for SW please? Thanks in advance
  • klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ehi, at least they haven't introduced new level 70 artifact belts and cloacks, am I right? *winks*
  • ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is a new mod with a level increase. Your old gear should be outdated. No one was ever mad when the level 50 gear they had didnt work as good when they turned level 60 and there was better gear. Artifact equipment has been best in slot since you got it, you have had several months to use it that way.

The amount of refinement should be upped though. Different slot should give 30% of refinement and same should give 60%. Lots of AD/RP was put into these for them to be completely useless. Getting less than 1mil back is pretty bad for a legendary. This is not like normal armor that drops and you do not have to spend any AD on it. But just because you get one to legendary does not mean the next item should automatically get it as well. Keeping that mentality is what stops new people from being able to become competitive and drives away new players.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is a new mod with a level increase. Your old gear should be outdated. No one was ever mad when the level 50 gear they had didnt work as good when they turned level 60 and there was better gear. Artifact equipment has been best in slot since you got it, you have had several months to use it that way.

Such a great idea, so how it was: 12 sets from t1-t2.5 (tho half if not more for each class was not viable). Now all those will trown into oblivion, replaced by 2 new BI sets, Drow sets, and what else? even if each class will get 1 more pve set, its only 4. Variety was killed. What kind of game has only 4 sets on endgame, from which maybe 2 ofc will be viable anyhow?

R u kidding me?

All old sets, both armor and weaps should have easy option to become viable again with lvl scaling. if u didnt noticed, that what we got: new lvl scaling. Its not 10 new amazing lvles, its current content scaled from 1-60 to 1-70. While old armors have no like 92 item lvl and worthless amount of stats. New ones will make them obsolete with item level itself, not saying a word about stats diffrence.

Great outcome we got here.

edit: sorry, elemental sets.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Such a great idea, so how it was: 12 sets from t1-t2.5 (tho half if not more for each class was not viable). Now all those will trown into oblivion, replaced by 2 new BI sets, Drow sets, and what else? even if each class will get 1 more pve set, its only 4. Variety was killed. What kind of game has only 4 sets on endgame, from which maybe 2 ofc will be viable anyhow?

R u kidding me?

All old sets, both armor and weaps should have easy option to become viable again with lvl scaling. if u didnt noticed, that what we got: new lvl scaling. Its not 10 new amazing lvles, its current content scaled from 1-60 to 1-70. While old armors have no like 92 item lvl and worthless amount of stats. New ones will make them obsolete with item level itself, not saying a word about stats diffrence.

Great outcome we got here.

edit: sorry, elemental sets.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

You cant really expect for 12 or so sets to be released in one mod. Yes there is not much variety atm, but neither was there at 60 as soon as the game game out. Most of those sets came with new mods. This gives them room to make new sets for level 70 with new content, like they did with the previous mods. Hopefully this time they have learned from their mistakes by giving some classes 4 piece bonuses that were so OP that there wasnt much choice (HV).

Its really difficult to keep making more and more content for the same level. Imagine a few more mods where a fresh level 60 was 10k GS and a person that had been playing was 50k GS. Gear should only be a certain percentage of how difficult something is, skill should be included also. Imagine in PvP a 10k GS vs a 50k GS.
  • lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    The big difference that I see is the way you get gear now. Several mods have some type of quest or big end game baddie that needed killing then the components put together for your BiS weapons or armor sets. To me that felt more rewarding and if I needed to beat the new lvl70 big baddie to get stuff I would be ok with that, but that is not the case.

Now they basically just give it to you because cryptic makes money off the grind, RP, BI packs more ranks ect. This entire mod6 is just a enormous new grind with a very thin veil of story line. The quests the zones the mobs are just rehashed. I was bored of drowning shores within an hour. Nothing new there.

The reason people are pissed is this feels like a rip off, a cash grab. This is not a quest for new gear its just another grind for new gear.
    People who like the D&D setting and were excited about the temple of elemental evil type mod are going to be sorely disappointed. This bares no resemblance, other than the name.
  • elimin3elimin3 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    People who like the D&D setting and were excited about the temple of elemental evil type mod are going to be sorely disappointed. This bares no resemblance, other than the name.

I am disappointed now.
    "It is our responsibilities, not ourselves, that we should take seriously." Peter Ustinov
  • alewarrior99alewarrior99 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    D: .. Stop stop stop artifact equipment ...
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So what is the point of Tiamat, the WoD hourly Dragon Herald merry-go-round and the tens of millions of AD players wasted on the existing artifact gear now?

Good thing I saw all that coming and did not waste my time and AD.

Have fun feeding your artifact belts and necks tens of millions of AD more now! I am pretty sure there will be new and better waist an necks artifact pieces to make them garbage too.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We cry enough of the arti-equipment and refinement abyss that we're stuck in. Their response is have some more. /smh
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    We cry enough of the arti-equipment and refinement abyss that we're stuck in. Their response is have some more. /smh

but, but....leadership and invoking gives rp now! haha
    edited February 2015
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    but, but....leadership and invoking gives rp now! haha

but... but... it takes a looooonnnnnnnnngggggg time to level leadership to level 25 and there is a full day cool down so you can't mass produce and you have to refine your new artifact gear from ground zero.
  • kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well this isn't my idea of fun, chasing another artifact. Definitely reduces my incentive to test on preview.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Makes me wonder about the belt and neck pieces.....

Then they expect people to dump RL$ into the new ones, or use up their entire saving of ADs for RP? The whole thing just sends a signal not to do it, because it mean's it's going to be for naught in the end. Mod 5 wasn't even too long ago, and those off-hands are already a massive waste of resources. They're artifacts for crying out loud, they're designed to be a long term investment that shouldn't become useless. What if they made a whole line of new plain artifacts and said sorry, but your sigils and lanterns are garbage now, have fun spending another 5,000,000 ADs.

Just get the 70 version of the MC/VT sets and save yourself pain in the future.
    edited February 2015
    healary wrote: »
    but... but... it takes a looooonnnnnnnnngggggg time to level leadership to level 25 and there is a full day cool down so you can't mass produce and you have to refine your new artifact gear from ground zero.

Wrong. You can feed your existing artifact weapon into the new one, so you're not starting from scratch. It's a 40% return so it's better than absolutely nothing. Also, the RP stones gained through leadership are unbound so I see those being sold and easing some of the strain--it isn't like many people have just one or two leadership alts in any event, so even if they can only be produced three at a time, that's three at a time, times however many characters you have at 25 leadership. The only ones that would have to start from scratch would be those going for OP.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

edited February 2015
    Wrong. You can feed your existing artifact weapon into the new one, so you're not starting from scratch. It's a 40% return so it's better than absolutely nothing. Also, the RP stones gained through leadership are unbound so I see those being sold and easing some of the strain--it isn't like many people have just one or two leadership alts in any event, so even if they can only be produced three at a time, that's three at a time, times however many characters you have at 25 leadership. The only ones that would have to start from scratch would be those going for OP.

40% is better than nothing but it still makes no point to sink any more AD to refine a level 60 artifact gear now only to see a 60% haircut in 3 weeks.

Regarding leadership, the text on RP reward bags say "bind on pickup" so I am not sure if they are unbound. Let's say if they are unbound I can see a lot of leadership bots will flood the RP market and reduce the price but it also nullify the "big" idea of making RP drop from Dragon Hoard and Fey Blessing bound.
    edited February 2015
    healary wrote: »
    40% is better than nothing but it still makes no point to sink any more AD to refine a level 60 artifact gear now only to see a 60% haircut in 3 weeks.

Regarding leadership, the text on RP reward bags say "bind on pickup" so I am not sure if they are unbound. Let's say if they are unbound I can see a lot of leadership bots will flood the RP market and reduce the price but it also nullify the "big" idea of making RP drop from Dragon Hoard and Fey Blessing bound.

Well, look at it like this: If you got a 60 and it isn't legendary yet, then work on the 60. From what I've seen in this thread, statwise the 60 when scaled to 70 and the new 70 don't have that much difference between them, save the set bonus. And the scaling is rather borked at the moment so we really can't draw a straight, objective comparison between the two until that scaling is finalized.

If your 60 is legendary when mod 6 comes out, then it might make more sense to put that into the new 70.

As to the bags, the bags may be BoP but the refining stones contained therein are not. Saying this without the intent of discussing botting, it's a horribly inefficient method for such use. Even with purple assets it's, what, 16 hours per task? Enchants would generate far more in the same amount of time--hence one of the reasons their products were made BtA.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

edited February 2015
    Well, look at it like this: If you got a 60 and it isn't legendary yet, then work on the 60. From what I've seen in this thread, statwise the 60 when scaled to 70 and the new 70 don't have that much difference between them, save the set bonus. And the scaling is rather borked at the moment so we really can't draw a straight, objective comparison between the two until that scaling is finalized.

If your 60 is legendary when mod 6 comes out, then it might make more sense to put that into the new 70.

As to the bags, the bags may be BoP but the refining stones contained therein are not. Saying this without the intent of discussing botting, it's a horribly inefficient method for such use. Even with purple assets it's, what, 16 hours per task? Enchants would generate far more in the same amount of time--hence one of the reasons their products were made BtA.

Even if there is a 5% difference (and I see more here actually), it is a "big" difference since nobody wants to use inferior gear while keep pumping AD into it for the full price. There is not much a difference between T2 and T1, and Profound and Grimm, but you know what responses you get if you tell people they are not much a differences...

You also get less rewards from level 1-20 leadership. That's already a sizable cut in AD earning up front before one can finally hits level 25 many many months later.
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    RP stones should be unbound, this idea is genius.

Bots play 24/7
    Players play 2-3 hours a day.

Both get the SAME amount of RP stones because you can only acquire them every 16 hours.

WIN. Also, most bots wont make it to 25 leadership anyways, this really benefits PLAYERS
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread