test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do you feel about the game?

zephyrpillar1zephyrpillar1 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I am interested to see how people feel about the game. I have been playing since beta so I have seen the changes to every mod. I am curious to hear how people feel about them. I am also curious to hear from any new players.
I personally feel I have been extremely let down. What started out as a great game for me has progressively become harder, longer and more expensive. The constant class changes are not only irritating but also expensive as retraining tokens weren't always provided. New artefacts and artefact gear has outclassed all my old stuff and although I would love to keep up its almost impossible. Refinement takes hours upon hours to get any real amount for free and paying for it is no longer an option.
Which brings us to module 6, where there is another 10 levels to gain, more rp to all my gear, higher level enchantments and the inability to access some areas according to my average item level.
Hence, I would like to hear other people's opinions. Good and bad. (without bashing)
Thanks.
Post edited by zephyrpillar1 on

Comments

• hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    do its my sincere words.
  • zephyrpillar1zephyrpillar1 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    it certainly was a novel, and I agree with pretty much everything you said. Thanks for posting.
    edited February 2015
    shortly: all old players are irritating (since mod 2 changes)

briefly: in mod3-5 developers made all to increase our irritation

summary: mod6 (possible) will push us drastically to decrease ingame time or leave game

I hear that.
  • valkozscelosvalkozscelos Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yes, sorry

Nothing new and positive in such posts.

Current state of game : degradation (especially for old players)

End
  • settkosettko Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hoping this Gateway issue doesn't turn into another "boot.ini" problem.
    If you want further info, please google "Eve Online boot.ini". I will just say that, while the aforementioned problem (in another MMO) was extremely serious and dangerous for users' computers, it affected only a portion of players. It has sparked so much anger that even legal action was initiated against the company.

Working around a problem by just ignoring it and letting people use unsecure logins will lead to trouble, and I am genuinely concerned. I am not going to use unsecure pages myself, nor play the game until I see the problem has been resolved.
  • berhudarolberhudarol Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Started year ago, it is bad to see this game is becoming 2X p2w.

They are going to bring level 12 enchants, weapon enchants, armor enchants with mod 6. If you pay a lot you will get them. If not, you can't even afford to create them. Yes you can't even buy rank 9 enchants now if you don't pay. I am playing a year with min 6 hour daily but i am using levle 7 enchants.
    Who are rich can put level 10 enchants within a day.

Sorry but this game is p2w and becoming 2X p2w.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cut my income nearly in half for no justifiable reason. My GF is going to need a healer companion to babysit them with no lifesteal or regen keeping me alive. Rank it to epic, then legendary. 1,750,000 ADs? Why did you cut my income? You doubled the cost to keep companions competent.

I spent the past few weeks getting my artifact weapon sets for all classes. But what's this? New level 70 ones telling me I wasted my time, and money to buy/make them? I spent like 700,000 on dragon bones, lol.
    Before I got my Castle Never weapon sets and was happy. Didn't even decide on artifact weapons until now when they seemed like a good endgame investment. Luckily I didn't put RP into em.

Simply put, I'm about fed up with this game.
  • valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    i've been playing for a little more than a year now and this is the first module i don't want them to release. i'm totally fine with new zones new dg new powers new sets but i'm really uber tired of artifact stuff, that's because I did not used a bot ever and i don't want to use it, my rp income is like minus 500 per day and i'm tired, my lv60 artifact are now 80 ranks under the top with a loss of like 3k worth of stat. my lv7 enchants are now almost half the max. i'm ok with the pure and transcendent enchantments tho. anyway if the grind will be too much game changing i'll prolly go ESO
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This last couple of months got my artifact Mainhand and artifact belt to legendry and my offhand and cloak to lvl 40+ and now in the space of a couple of months they become pretty much useless except for using them to refine , what do you think I feel like OP?
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    simple - increase level of everything, but almost no additional drops or better drops. NO NEW CONTENT . maybe even no bug fixes
    edited February 2015
    In any case (even playing other games), many of us will return time from time

Reason: we love our chars, not game in its current state

Oh I totally agree. I love the concept of the game, but the mechanics are broken, and keep breaking. And instead of resolving old issues effectively I feel as if they are creating more.
  • hmdq#4491 hmdq Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Amen and now find options...
  • sthgodchillasthgodchilla Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i am very upset about what they did to the game. main problems are lack of good content and balance.
    if mod 6 won´t come up with some challenging content which makes the game fun to play i will do it as my whole guild does...quit.
    i am tired of doing countless hours the same easy things.
    wonder why this thread is still up. normally they just delete things like this to hide the real status quo
    edited February 2015
    I love the concept of the game, but the mechanics are broken, and keep breaking. And instead of resolving old issues effectively I feel as if they are creating more.

the best explanation i ever see. newbies enjoy your 6 months
    edited February 2015
    i am very upset about what they did to the game. main problems are lack of good content and balance.
    if mod 6 won´t come up with some challenging content which makes the game fun to play

they already said that they never released content, which is not doable by majority of gamers immediately. so mod 6 will be for newbie 70 lvl player (payer) . i hoped if they dont release hard content, they release variety of content. but i heard of nothing, even new dungeons i expect to be much later then 17.3.
    edited February 2015
    biggest mod up to date? are there secrets not revealing yet? i am curious. maybe next week :rolleyes:
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    for a player like mine started mod 4 oktober and will probably end playing in mod 6, spended some money at the beginning, now stops in wasting money and is now testing other games
    i can definitly find nothing at level 60 what makes the game worth going on, since it is not my will to level toons all day, but like to have one or two chars with good gear, like the challenge, like to get to my limit, like endgame
    hate farming, hate unbalanced PVP, hate all this toxic atmophere about PVP and disbalance
  • grumblesmorfgrumblesmorf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Not very great to be honest. I just log in to invoke and collect a coffer once a week on most of my toons anymore. Leveling new ones constantly. Trying to build a leadership army since that's practically mandatory if you want to participate in this ridiculous in-game economy. Also, the endgame is terrible. Nothing but godawful RP grinds and long boring repetetive campaigns that are gatedbehind long waits so you can't even knock it all out in a coke-fueled questing spree if you wanted too. THankfully, the game they made before all that nonsense is pretty good so I'm having a good time building up my army of leadership alts, but once that's done, then what? The game isn't really all that fun at the end. I really hope they bring things in a new direction with the new module, but I don't really think they will. There's already new artifacts for ridiculous RP grinds. I'm sure there will be a boring time-gated campaign too. Why? Because these things suck monkey nuggets and you can skip them if you spend enough money. That seems to be their business model and I guess it works. It's very contrary to what they'll spout about wanting to create a game that's so good that people want to pay for it though. That's the feeling I got from the game I played from 1-60. I bought a mount. I did want to pay for that game. But the endgame? No way. That's not a game that's so good, you want to pay for it. It's a game that seems like it tries to be as annoying as possible to make you pay to skip over it.
  • sthgodchillasthgodchilla Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    vinceent1 wrote: »
    they already said that they never released content, which is not doable by majority of gamers immediately. so mod 6 will be for newbie 70 lvl player (payer) . i hoped if they dont release hard content, they release variety of content. but i heard of nothing, even new dungeons i expect to be much later then 17.3.

that´s just idiotic.
    gamers need gaming challenges, not stupid monoton grind to get bored!
    i wonder which morons idea it was. for sure not a gamer!
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    the best game mechanics,and if the dev's dont listen what the players have to say its down the drain
    I love this game,but the changes are insane
    in a lil cup this is how it goes
    players:we like some ketchup on the bread
    dev's: oh,you like ketchup.here's some mayonaise
  • nordveignordveig Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Let's hope this doesn't turn into another essay...

[*]The serious neglect of the Foundry. What was supposed to be the PvE endgame at max level is nothing but a farce now. No rewards or drops for players, serious lack of content that's already in-game, missing mechanics and more makes players overlook any quest that's longer than 15 minutes. Which is a dam shame really. The foundry authors should be able to create dungeon quality content with matching rewards for players. It would be the way to retain PvE players from leaving after they are done with the regular content. This and the DnD content is what drew me to this game in the first place. And the Foundry is sorely disappointing up til now. As an author myself, I know the problem doesn't lie with them. They do whatever they can to bring us quality quests and stories. But without Cryptic making the same effort, it's choking on it's inability to keep players playing.

This is kinda related to the foundry but this is what I hate most about this game. It's supposed to be a D&D game not only that but a Neverwinter game, it's just kill and fetch kill and fetch. There is no story and when I mean story I don't mean just a narrative but interaction within the game to make choices.

I really hope this next module addresses these issues. I've heard posters say that this MMO does not have the technology but the devs have already done this. When you first enter Neverwinter you speak to Wilfred and you can choose what to say to him, depenidng on what you say you get a different reaction.

Icewind Dale module addressed this issue some what but didn't go far enough. Depending on what faction you choose NPCs can react differently to you and don't offer you all the missions. The problem with the module there isn't that much difference in missions between the two factions they're almost identical they should have added more variation.

Lets hope the next module goes further with this. There's no point in adding well known D&D characters if you're going to keep it a kill and fetch game.
  • totallynotfrishtotallynotfrish Member Posts: 89
    edited February 2015
    Undervalued
    magenubbie wrote: »
    D'arvit. So it turned out an essay after all. Oh well. Happy reading. I don't do TL;DR versions;)

I know that feel when you want to make a short post but keep adding points until you take up the whole page with text ):
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Please don't create threads like this. It's not productive at all and leads to a lot of trolling, "I quit or am going to quit" posts, and other rule violations.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.