test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New lvl 70 artifact main hand/offhand confirmed yippeee............

iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
Yeah so another gazillion RP to find... could only get this screencap because I don't have any Linu's favor on preview atm.

CW
SJfVMeP.jpg

DC
Scb2cbP.jpg

HR
13xmSb7.jpg

GWF
76YoQbH.jpg
YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Wow, so a complete new set of Artifact gear for 70 huh? What happened to the plan of adding lvl on top of the current gear?
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think I would reserve judgement until we see how existing artifacts perform. I would see the new artifact as more of a choice rather than a requirement.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    As previously mentioned from me, this got removed. But I did not know they added a new main/offhand and besides, whats the sense if ur old main/offhand scale to level 70, who will buy the new one except new players? And what changes are there to the other main/offhands? Im confused.

the level 70 is obviously better check out the set bonus +394 on 2 stats...

also for the offhand that means were gonna do another rng to get +400 to the bonus LOOOOL I spent nearly 3mil just to get +400 regen on my level 60 OH, now I'm gonna repeat it again....so fun
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    also for the offhand that means were gonna do another rng to get +400 to the bonus LOOOOL I spent nearly 3mil just to get +400 regen on my level 60 OH, now I'm gonna repeat it again....so fun

Wait? You rolled that silly dice almost 240 times? Really? For a few stat points that don't matter?

That's pretty hardcore...
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    So this available on WoD for Linu's?

Yes ,only the offhand , no idea where the mainhand comes from.
    loboguild wrote: »
    Wow, so a complete new set of Artifact gear for 70 huh? What happened to the plan of adding lvl on top of the current gear?

I had thought the same thing , I have no idea what made me think it though , the idea of having to start over with a new weaponset that will obviously be far superior to the lvl 60 one is like a kick in the stomach lol...
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yes ,only the offhand , no idea where the mainhand comes from.
    how many linu's do you need for that
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Wait? You rolled that silly dice almost 240 times? Really? For a few stat points that don't matter?

That's pretty hardcore...

thats what leadership can do :P
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    That's still a huge waste of AD, even for someone who has a lot of it ;)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How much RP to go from legendary to mythic?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    how many linu's do you need for that

It says 15 , same as the lvl 60 one.
  • lococatt91lococatt91 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 162 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    The elemental set is lvl 70 so maybe when/if current set gets leveled to 70 it will be exactly the same.

If this is a replacement for the lvl 60 set that we have to start all over again to refine ummm......
    I dont see myself doing that.

For the people that spent gobs of $$ max refining their artifacts to have them made obsolete in a couple months really does seem like a giant FU from cryptic. Like thanks for all that money can we have some more now pls.
    Maybe the next zen store sale will be for lube.
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    i only see a new off-hand

did OP jump gun including "main hand" in there?
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's not like the artifact gear is any less of an investment than normal artifacts. I would have accepted if the new ones had a better 2 set bonus than the 60 ones, but they're worst in every way? What about some poor casual who dumped all of their savings into one and only got it to purple or something?

Besides, why even invest in the new ones? They'll just pull the same stunt on them and rob people of RP that could have went somewhere better.
  • nathyielnathyiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The whole 140 artifact can be view in the collection.
    stat are : 1000/1000/600 (primary/primary/secondary).

The collection don't show any new artifact-equipment nor new epic PvE set. Look like the collection haven't been updated or stuff haven't been change/updated. The new MH/OH don't show there.

Drow set now have a huge HP boost (like 19k in CW robe) and are level 70.

Actually, I see it more like a work in progress.

ON the MH/OH new artifact, I think they will be complementary to the existing one. Or they can be new artifact that are upgraded version ?
  • iamannoyingdeviliamannoyingdevil Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    i only see a new off-hand

did OP jump gun including "main hand" in there?

Look at the tooltips ,they all have new mainhands listed as needed to get the set bonus ,I think we can assume they are the new lvl 70 artifact weapons.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    loboguild wrote: »

These people at Cryptic are either morons or want to kill the game. They simply cant expect us to give up our current arties and refine new greens from the ground up to be bis again. Yo Cryptic, you guys sane? This March a major AAA MMORPG title is going free to play. Another major AAA MMORPG title ( from Obsidian Entertainment, you know, the people who made the real Neverwinter games ) is also being released as free to play later in 2015. And you expect people to spend hundreds of dollars on your new gear? Get real!

This better be an option, an addition not a requirement or you are gonna lose big time this time. Mark my words
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    teribad15 wrote: »
    i guess its time to give up on this game atm its going nowhere.

I wish I could disagree.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yeah so another gazillion RP to find... could only get this screencap because I don't have any Linu's favor on preview atm.

CW
    SJfVMeP.jpg

DC
    Scb2cbP.jpg

HR
    13xmSb7.jpg

GWF
    76YoQbH.jpg

any devs to clarify this??
  • cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Screw this if they think I'll get a new set this soon!
    I'm still leveling my stuff and no way will I start it again, even if my stuff isn't even epic yet.
    Too much hassle for nothing much.
  • mordecai24mordecai24 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    new TR Off-Hand.

[IMG][/img]new%20off-hand2_zpsvxhhvsuq.jpg
  • kazearimorikazearimori Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Anyone able to confirm if the leveling of current artifact to 70 range has been cancelled with these introductions?
    edited February 2015
    mordecai24 wrote: »
    new TR Off-Hand.

can we throw the old one in the new one and bring it to orange?
    still 15 linu?
    edited February 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    still 15 linu?

Last time I checked you got less than 1 million RP back when you use legendary artifact gear to refine.

Edit - I just checked , artifact gear costs 4,645,200 rp to get to legendary and when you use a piece of current artifact gear at legendary to refine you get 929,432 RP back lmfao
  • kazearimorikazearimori Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    still 15 linu?

Don't think that's possible.
    IIRC the iLvl should be 140 at 70. Meaning to say there's still an RP sink from our 60 max to that.

Moreover, the multiplier of RP only has x5 for artifact (power to power, union to union etc)
    For artifact equipment, the multiplier of RP when you feed an artifact to an artifact is only x2.
    edited February 2015
    new TR Off-Hand.

Wow so the new artifact sets basically blow the current ones out the water..
    edited February 2015
    Wow so the new artifact sets basically blow the current ones out the water..

well 400 more base damage ..... yes. and mod 7 will blow this too
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I compared the GF Offhand (Golden Dragon Shield) to the new GF Offhand (Elemental Shield) on Preview.

First, my golden dragon shield is currently maxed orange and 400 stat. It is listed as an item level 120. requires lvl 60 to equip, and has the set bonus totalling 500 current stat points (changing hp into a regular stat).

The new elemental shield at level 1 is also listed as an item level 120, requires lvl 70 to equip, requires 15 linu to purchase, only goes up to 60, and has a set bonus of 788 current stat points. However, what is most glaring is that the NEW OFFHAND AT LEVEL 1 HAS SUPERIOR STATS THAN MY CURRENT, REWORKED MAXED OFFHAND ON PREVIEW (caps intentional, because I am shouting in my head).

Now, for the community moderator who said "wait for the rework of the current offhand and weapon," I reply that the devs have already boosted the current weapon and offhand on preview. Moreover, including 20 more levels to a piece of artifact equipment that is 60 levels worse than the new 70 is not logical and would be a monumental waste of rp. Imagine increasing the current, already boosted lvl 60 offhand to lvl80 or even level 90 to mythic, and then finding out that the new lvl 70 offhand at lvl 35 is better than what you just did. It might be that the artifact offhand will not be released immediately with mod 6, but later. However, with the appearance of an artifact offhand lvl 70 that is superior in stats to reworked maxed artifact offhands at lvl 60, I have decided not to waste my time with current artifact gear (and I am maxed orange on all current gear).

The only solution is to make CURRENT ARTIFACT GEAR all lvl 70s with the same stats as the new gear for there to be equality. Heck, I would gladly have my current gear become unusuable for 10 lvls that I have to level up my toon to equip again, if I could save the countless hours of grinding and collecting rp to buff up the new artifact gear. I will just get the cheapest gear that drops from each zone and use it until level 70 and then re-equip my reclassified arti gear.

But as it stands right now, and contrary to opinions on this thread, the new LVL 70 artifact offhand will be a REPLACEMENT for the current lvl 60 artifact offhand, not a mere choice between the two for new players (since the whole zone is increasing to lvl 71 anyway).

I also want to thank the devs for stating that artifact gear would be the kind of items that one would hold onto for a long time. Well, I guess long time means 2 months.

Yes, I am quite disappointed in the direction of this. There were 3 routes that Cryptic could have gone, and they chose the worst one.

ROUTE 1: Old artifact gear is obsolete and replaced with lvl 70 epic gear that can be won in highest dungeons and/or HEs. (This would make some of the player base upset, but the possibility of a one-time procurement to max would be ok). ADVANTAGE TO NEW PLAYERS

ROUTE 2: Old artifact gear will be reworked and will be BiS if maxed with the new levels. (Would mean huge investment in rp, but some would be ok with this as BiS requires high cost). ADVANTAGE TO OLD PLAYERS

ROUTE 3: Old artifact gear would be reworked and permitted to increase in lvls to make it appear BiS; player base would be ok with it because of hard work up to this point. But, new artifact gear that is better is released as a replacement with higher stats and levels. Current artifact gear, even reworked, would be obsolete. New gear requires just as much investment to max. ADVANTAGE TO NO PLAYERS

Guess which route Cryptic has chosen? Yup!
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would see the new artifact as more of a choice rather than a requirement.

Haha, do you really think that's the most likely outcome?
  • mordecai24mordecai24 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yeah 15 favors, and i did put in my old legendary artifact to see how much RP i would it get, and it was around 932,00 RP
    edited February 2015
    yeah 15 favors, and i did put in my old legendary artifact to see how much RP i would it get, and it was around 932,00 RP

Yeah that is lame , if the current weapon sets are not being given a way to be upgraded to lvl 70 then the RP return on artifact weapon/offhands needs to drastically improve , less than 1 milliopn return on over 4.5 million investment just doesn't cut it , especially when you consider how recently we got the lvl 60 stuff.
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I bought my current legendary weapons because i had lots of RP from the time when they were cheap.
    Im sure i wont bother with the new arti set.

But i will get my lvl 70 MC or VT - Set for sure. That is way more fun. I can recomend you guys the same. Endgamecontent isnt that challenging that you NEED orange Arti MH + OH.

It is not mandatory