test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dev Blog: Minsc and Boo in Neverwinter!

akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
edited February 2015 in News & Announcements
Greetings adventures!

As you might know, we’ll be seeing some familiar faces in Neverwinter pretty soon and we’ve got Simon Lucas of the Neverwinter team to tell us about integrating these iconic characters into Neverwinter! Check out what he has to say about bringing Minsc and Boo to life in Neverwinter:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9068263-dev-blog%3A-minsc-%26-boo-in-neverwinter
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This made me so happy! Hope the voice for Minsc is similar to that used for the Baldur's Gate game!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9068263
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Buuuuutttttt Keecking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    For Goodnesssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Buuuuutttttt Keecking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    For Goodnesssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go for the eyesssss!!!
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Ah, yes. This is going to be so good . . . I hope! :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Is it march 17th yet ?

OK I came back for the winter event because the fishing with skeletons was just too awesome . I did a little of the Tiamut stuff awhile back but my toon was grossly under geared . I haven't played regularly since about 2 months after black ice started . I have a month till Minsc and Boo show up where and what do I need to be ready ?
  • savorytssavoryts Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    as much as i love Minsc, wouldnt he be like 140 yrs old by now?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    savoryts wrote: »
    as much as i love Minsc, wouldnt he be like 140 yrs old by now?
    He's been petrified for the last 100 or so years, so he is still only middle-aged. Add on that he is a native of Rashemen, a place of magical witches and known for longevity, as well as has dealt directly with gods and also known for Spelljammer travelling, and even then add on how easy it is for mortals to gain magical items of longevity almost anywhere in the Realms... the possibilities are endless to live forever.

That's just counting a small number of possible ways for someone to stay alive in the same body. There's even more possibilities and it really just gets even more possible when you count spells like Clone, Resurrection, Reincarnation, and a myriad of other magic and divine means.

We don't even know what Boo really is. All we know is that Misc "claims" he is a "Miniature
    Giant Space Hamster" and so far, is the only one of its kind. For all we know, Boo could be an avatar of a god that sustains Minsc. Yeah, my DM brain can come up with countless possibilities, from the mundane to the divine.
  • skinlikewinterskinlikewinter Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can't describe how much i hated, and still hate, Minsc and boo in Baldurs gate games. They were the worst characters in that series. even the stupid wingless elf was more tolerable than the previous two.

Now more than ever do i want to see Mod 7 as a new evil alignment path that allows players as villains and try to attack/defend areas they hold. Tower district, downs, helms hold, rothe valley, etc. This so i can attack and kill minsc. Fudge (<--insert "f" curse word there) Minsc and Boo! I hope they kill them off in the books.

Also i would like to attack and, if not try, to kill neverember, screw that guy!

Down with Neverember!
    I show player support, by only playing Neverwinter as F2P
  • fr0gurtfr0gurt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I can't describe how much i hated, and still hate, Minsc and boo in Baldurs gate games. They were the worst characters in that series. even the stupid wingless elf was more tolerable than the previous two.

Now more than ever do i want to see Mod 7 as a new evil alignment path that allows players as villains and try to attack/defend areas they hold. Tower district, downs, helms hold, rothe valley, etc. This so i can attack and kill minsc. Fudge (<--insert "f" curse word there) Minsc and Boo! I hope they kill them off in the books.

Also i would like to attack and, if not try, to kill neverember, screw that guy!

Down with Neverember!

I'm getting the feeling that someone needed to have a bootectomy performed on them.