test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Appearance Change Bugged?

tommybostictommybostic Member Posts: 111 Arc User
edited March 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
Ive tried to use my appearance change token and its bugged? There are some weird hairstyles (like Valindra's for example), and everytime I try to click that Im done and I want to accept my changed looks, some error appears and its not working like it should?

Anyone else has the same problem?

Im playing a midget DC.
Post edited by tommybostic on

Comments

• Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hi there...

May I ask... are you getting a message about unknown command change mood?

I got that too.. it has to do with the fact that when the environment loads.. it picks a new facial style for your character.

The way I got it to work is let it load up and reset your character's facial expressions back through the editor...

Hope that helps. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Yeah I get that error :/ all I want is different hair lol! I load the character in the editor, I go to hair,change it, change color and it goes back to old hairstyle again..by itself..to I try again...after around 3 times it finally works, I click save or smth and all I get is this error.

Not sure what You mean by 'let it load up and reset your char's f.expressions'? When do I have to wait? :P
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    OK.

When you go to the Tower of Alteration, and you talk to the NPC to start, and editor screen comes up. Take a look at your character, chances are it is not the same facial expression that you have already.

You would have to use the change appearance editor controls to change the facial expressions back to where they were before you started the editor, and then change the hairstyle and color to what you want it to be.

This got me for a few weeks... when I got into the editor I noticed that my character which it previews on the left, did not have the same facial expression.

So I would undo it... and then be forced to cancel out. When I went back in, the preview was then set to what the character looked like. And it even allowed me to pick the new hairstyle and colors... but when you try to apply the change, that when the error showed up.

So, I would say, note what facial expression your character is set to, and when you get into the appearance editor, change the expressions to what they should be, then change the hairstyle and hair colors you want... then click on apply changes.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    **** I will try that out, thanks! :)

But anyways this thing should get fixed..
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Yeah.. i mentioned that to them... not holding my breath... :)

No problem.. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Ahh still not working :( Nothing seems to work atm. Its been like this since last patch, guess I have to wait for the fix.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Please fix this omg.
  • Options
    midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I was about to buy an appearance change but now I read this, is it still bugged?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    As far as I know it is.

I submitted a bug ticket for this... never got a response to it though.

My only advice right now... is the work-around mentioned...

Before you start changing of what you want to change... get your original look to load up, note what those settings are.
    Exit out of the Change Appearance editor and then go back into it. Let it load up.. change you character to the original look first.. then make the appearance changes you want.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    rifter1969 wrote: »
    I submitted a bug ticket for this... never got a response to it though.
    Bug Reports go to the QA Team, not the Game Masters. Support/GM Tickets go to the Game Masters, not the QA Team. Only Support Tickets get responses and are available in your Ticket History for review, updating, and correspondence. If you need a reply about an issue, file a Support/GM Ticket instead. If you choose the "Bug" option in game or on the Support Site, it will be filed as a Bug Report.

This is also why many Bug Reports posted here do not get responses, for these are not Support Forums. Support Issues need to be handled through Support. I'm not saying this is a Support Issue, for I am confident they'd just tell you to file it as a Bug Report anyway. Just wanted to clear up your confusion on not getting a response to a Bug Report.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Zeb,

Thanks for the reply.

I did submit it through the in-game reporting system.
    Two actually.. one to GMs which they did respond to... and at their recommendation I submitted one to the QA team.

I have not received a response form the QA team regarding this. I also started a thread in the Bug Reports forum for this.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    rifter1969 wrote: »
    I have not received a response form the QA team regarding this. I also started a thread in the Bug Reports forum for this.
    Indeed, as I said, you most likely won't receive a response from the QA Team unless they feel they need to ask you for more information, which rarely happens.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
  • Options
    quollquoll Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I appear to be experiencing the same issue. I didn't screenshot the message but I believe that the error pointed to an invalid costume piece being selected. The only thing I attempted to changed was body slider settings. I cannot verify the message as I had support refund the tokens.

If anyone else having an issue still has tokens, please post the error message here.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    This bug is still there.... *sadface*
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Aaand the bug is still there. I will keep posting here until new module, hope they will fix it -_-