test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When do You Think MODULE 6 will be Released?

friendme32friendme32 Member Posts: 41
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
When do you think Module 6 will be released?

Please only positive discussions. This has nothing to do with Devs, we just want public consensus here.
From your experience or insight, what do you think?
Post edited by friendme32 on

Comments

• Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    With my luck it will be late March, which is my absolute busiest season at work. So that's what I voted for. :/
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The more time they spend on the developement, the better.
  • Options
    ebonyshadowebonyshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If they do it right there is a LOT of work to be done, so I think it will be one the later side of where people expect. I think late april is being quite optimistic.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    I voted wrong. Meant to vote for early April but in my sleep deprived state, chose early March. I'd also like to see as much time spent testing and further developing as their schedule will allow. I am in NO rush for new content. The longer development and testing takes, the better, in my opinion (which goes for any MMO, not just Neverwinter).
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Considering that WotC has the following announcement:

"January 20, 2015 – Renton, WA – Today, Wizards of the Coast announced the newest Dungeons & Dragons storyline and accompanying product offerings for both digital and tabletop RPG players. Coming off of the biggest and most exciting year yet for Dungeons & Dragons, the Elemental Evil storyline starts in March and runs through mid-summer. During that time, heroes are needed in the Forgotten Realms to discover and defeat secret cults that threaten to annihilate the Sword Coast by harnessing the powers of the elements of fire, water, air, and earth."

...so I went with early March since WotC is dictating development/cross-titles-sync timelines.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    eldarth wrote: »

"January 20, 2015 – Renton, WA – Today, Wizards of the Coast announced the newest Dungeons & Dragons storyline and accompanying product offerings for both digital and tabletop RPG players. Coming off of the biggest and most exciting year yet for Dungeons & Dragons, the Elemental Evil storyline starts in March and runs through mid-summer. During that time, heroes are needed in the Forgotten Realms to discover and defeat secret cults that threaten to annihilate the Sword Coast by harnessing the powers of the elements of fire, water, air, and earth."

...so I went with early March since WotC is dictating development/cross-titles-sync timelines.
    *the mage chuckles at himself* I knew I read march somewhere, that was where! Probably why my brain chose it then... *begins crafting a new tin hat just in case the wizards are meddling with his brain*
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I voted late April, because software is never on time...
  • Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Storyline start on March, yes, but the release of D&D effective content is 30th March (boosters), 7th April (Prince of Apocalypse Book) and 30th April ( board Game ).

The Rise of tiamat book was released on 4th November, 2014, and mod 5 was released on 18th November.

Tyrrany of dragons book was released on 19 august and the mod 4 was released on 14 august.

So, my vote is "early April".
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    eldarth wrote: »

Oh dear me. Given that various mechanics are being changed, a new class added, level cap raised, and various other things.. and they have only just dropped a very buggy mod 5 on players (a lot of whom still haven't finished mod 5 refining), that doesn't bode well. If I had a magic wand, I'd make it take another six months at least. This many large changes should undergo extensive internal QA before they ever hit the preview server- and then players should play it to bits, with a bunch of telemetry to fix up the few remaining problems.

That timescale won't allow any of that. Being constrained by WoTC schedules isn't really helping such an apparently pushed developer :(
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I voted for Early March. My gut is "Too Soon" will be closer to the correct answer, no matter the actual date.
  • Options
    mungsumungsu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I went with early April since that is when the first adventure will be released by WotC, according to Forbes. I was pretty amazed that Forbes actually had an article about this: http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidewalt/2015/01/20/dungeons-dragons-returns-to-the-temple-of-elemental-evil/
  • Options
    checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I voted late March for two reasons.

First, the devs said the release of mod 6 will parallel the release of the table top D&D module, which is March 30th.
    Second, preview server seems to have next mod tests about 6-8 weeks before mod release, which would be late March.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i really hope they learnt from previous testing errors.
    so while the most reasonable answer is late march i hope for mid april with some balancing changes before that and the addition of drow set.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    I voted wrong. Meant to vote for early April but in my sleep deprived state, chose early March. I'd also like to see as much time spent testing and further developing as their schedule will allow. I am in NO rush for new content. The longer development and testing takes, the better, in my opinion (which goes for any MMO, not just Neverwinter).

Exactly. I hope they spend plenty of time testing before releasing. I am fine waiting until this summer, if that's what it takes to release a high quality product. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mungsu wrote: »
    I went with early April since that is when the first adventure will be released by WotC, according to Forbes. I was pretty amazed that Forbes actually had an article about this: http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidewalt/2015/01/20/dungeons-dragons-returns-to-the-temple-of-elemental-evil/

Cool article.

I do miss the World of Greyhawk setting - I prefer it to Forgotten Realms overall. But that's just my opinion and it is heavily influenced by the 1970s AD&D playing . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No clue as to when they plan to release this, but, honestly, I just wish that they would just abandon this whole "Module" thing already. Releasing sweeping changes across whole areas of the Game just means that the entire Game will be unplayable for weeks. Space that stuff out a little, say over a month or so. Release one piece at a time and FIX all the things that one change broke. That way we only lose one portion of the Game at a time.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In the meantime we can stockup on Girl Scout cookies until the release.............and try not to eat'm all!!! :o

What are the odds this comes out on April 1, and this whole thing is just a ruse!!?!! :eek:
  • Options
    avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    valwryn wrote: »
    What are the odds this comes out on April 1, and this whole thing is just a ruse!!?!! :eek:

Sssshhhhh!

On the other hand, I voted "Later," simply because I was thinking May. Only because that's when they released mod 3...
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The correct answer is....

<.<

>.>

Prematurely!
  • Options
    friendme32friendme32 Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2015
    Congratumation to the 18 players who voted "late March" - you were correct!

Source: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?848761-Elemental-Evil-Coming-March-17th
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    March 17th.
  • Options
    mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    mystagogue wrote: »
    I voted for Early March. My gut is "Too Soon" will be closer to the correct answer, no matter the actual date.

I guess March 17th is more "mid" March, but close enough to argue a victory IMO :)
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Either before the Easter weekend (targeted project release, I presume) with a massive repatch one or two weeks later, or straight those two weeks later. Cheops Law of Building.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    *chuckles*

Yeah, closing this up now. Release date has since been announced.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
This discussion has been closed.