test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mass delete multiple Mails from Inbox?

bobhunter1bobhunter1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Is it possible do delete multiple empty mails from our Inbox in 1 go?
I have like 10,000 empty mails that need to be deleted and really can no longer afford to delete them 1 by 1...

also is there a limit to the amount of incoming mail a character can have?
Post edited by bobhunter1 on

Comments

• Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    bobhunter1 wrote: »
    Is it possible do delete multiple empty mails from our Inbox in 1 go?
    I have like 10,000 empty mails that need to be deleted and really can no longer afford to delete them 1 by 1...

also is there a limit to the amount of incoming mail a character can have?

It is not possible to mass delete mails (nor do they have an expiry where they delete themselves), 1-by-1 is the only way. Additionally there is a limit to how many items can be in your mailbox, the icon will turn red when you hit it (it's like 30 items or so).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    berhudarolberhudarol Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I wanted to see this upgrade since the beginnig. Able to delete all mails with one click.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    As long as such an option would not be able to delete any mail with an attachment, I'm in support of a Delete All option.

In the mean-time, here's what I do:

1. Sort by date received, newest up top.
    2. Go to the bottom of the list and highlight the last mail.
    3. Finger on Enter, not pressed yet.
    4. Left-click on Delete.
    5. Press Enter.
    6. Press Enter.
    7. Repeat steps 4 through 6.

It doesn't take very long at all that way.

If your mail is all AH mail, you can substitute steps 4 and 5 by just holding down the Enter Key while Left Clicking Delete. However, if it is a player mail, pressing Enter without the Delete Gump open, will create a new reply mail instead.
  • Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would like the option to delete all mails excluding the ones with attachment too.

I remember when I was refining my first artifact, my mailbox probably had like 5000~10000 mails (sorry I couldn't count!) The biggest problem was not only the repeatitive steps as described by Zebular, the even bigger problem is, IT LAGS VERY BADLY when I open up mailbox or while accessing mail. Each time I open up mailbox, it takes like 5~10 seconds to open it up due to lagness, and then after I clicked the Delete button, it takes 3~5 seconds for the confirmation message to popup... and then another 3~5 seconds to load the next mail after I confirm on the mail delete.

Now if we do a little math... let say I do it reasonably fast... that's aboout 8~10 seconds to delete 1 mail or about 7 mails a minute. I sit there for 10 minutes and thats 70 mails gone... I sit there for 1 hour and that's about 400 mails gone.... now I continue to sit there and start wondering wtf am I doing, am I not suppose to be enjoying this game than to do this rubbish!

Eventually I minimize the game window and open up my anime to watch side by side while doing the delete+enter job mindless, it took me about 5~6 hours to finish the delete job and its safe to say that wasn't the best of my gaming experience... :(

PS: The delete job gets faster as there's lesser mails in the inbox (lesser lag), but its still a painnnnnn to delete the first couple hundred/thousand emails :(
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)