test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Feedback: Legendary bonus of augment and non-augment compaions

ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
The legendary bonus your companion recieves when it has been upgraded to legendary will provide 15% of the summoned pet's ratings. That includes 15% of the hp of the summoned pet, which can be pretty much: The rank 40 leader companion of my lvl 70 char has 24245 HP, and therefore the HP of my character gets increased by 3637. In comparison to that, my rank 40 augment companion has only 400 HP and that translates into just 60 additional HP for the owner of the pet.

I feel that augment companions are penalized too much in this aspect and would like to see an adjustment.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I don't think it's unreasonable that there be some disadvantages to using an augment, considering all their other benefits, and I also think it's fine that there be reasons in favour of not bothering upgrading every single companion to legendary.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ctf4void wrote: »
    The legendary bonus your companion recieves when it has been upgraded to legendary will provide 15% of the summoned pet's ratings. That includes 15% of the hp of the summoned pet, which can be pretty much: The rank 40 leader companion of my lvl 70 char has 24245 HP, and therefore the HP of my character gets increased by 3637. In comparison to that, my rank 40 augment companion has only 400 HP and that translates into just 60 additional HP for the owner of the pet.

I feel that augment companions are penalized too much in this aspect and would like to see an adjustment.
    A buff to augment companions is not a good idea. This way makes non augment legendary companions more attractive.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I agree, I like that non augment companions can be more competitive now and we0re not forced to take only augment companions.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A single enemy can knock that health away anyway. It's hardly overpowered.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    Do AI companions still have clunky mechanics that draw aggro?
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Except you get all of the HP an augment gives you. If you only have 400 HP on it because you only stacked power that's your problem.
  • Options
    ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I agree with the posters here who feel that non-augment companions are currently inferior to augment companions. I just had hoped that the balancing between non-augment and augment companions would come out differently.
    This legendary bonus basically makes non-augment companions partly augment companions which shouldn't be their purpose. Additionally, if this legendary bonus is supposed to equalize augment and non-augment companions, which I doubt it is, then it would be strange because such a new way of balanicing only kicks in once the companion is legendary. Also players would have to have the necessary amount of AD to upgrade a companion to legendary rank.
    Except you get all of the HP an augment gives you.
    This is about about the legendary bonus, which will be 15% of the companion's HP regardless wether it is an augment companion or not.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I agree, I like that non augment companions can be more competitive now and we0re not forced to take only augment companions.

Lol. They could make it where augment companions decrease your your stats by 15% and non-augments still would be a poor idea to summon.