test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Greed Run" seems silly, Why isnt it Need Run.

2»

Comments

• stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    herundrion wrote: »
    I do greed runs just because it's easier: you press same button for everything.

I agree...Unless a Greater Mark of Potency drops...
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    kabinoles wrote: »
    greed run should be when you are all geared and no need for more gear
    if you still in need for gear dont go greed run ,because its silly
    you go on greed run and still needing of gear and a item drop for your class(GF),you role greed.and a CW won your shield that you realy need ,now you have to go do it again till you get lucky and win the roll(rnggod knows how many times it will take)
    thats why greed run is silly for lower lvls to do
    and when you queue you should play by the game rules,you can need, pass or greed your choice
    dont queue and force ppl to greed,thats why there is a lfg
    And about the ninja thing ,how can somebody be a ninja taking some thing for his/her class
    I think you are the ninja wanting someting that aint for you and that goes in real life too(we call them thief)
    If I agree on a only greed run and I need than you can call me a ninja,but if I queue for and need ,than you are wrong
    Dont go greed run if you still need gear

That was explained on the first page. Needing is ninja'ing period because of the bind system. There is never a valid excuse for it other than you want to screw the rest of your party.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Words!

run what you want, stop yelling at others for doing it their way.

In my mind Greed all is for people who have their gear and have at least a few hundred k in ADs they can source from, they dont need NEED runs and its the unselfish way to roll on loot when people dont need it.

If you need a actual piece state at the start (hey, Im still looking fo AOW chest, is it ok if I need it) I cant imagine there is any issue at all, if people are jerks and roll on actually needed bound items or boot you for it, then words to them to, I cant imagine there are all that many people out there who would do this.

But just because something is on your class doesn't mean you need it or will ever use it, you just want to salvage, even then I could care less.

Why this is a thread AT this point in the game is beyond me. Purples are CHEAP, cheap as they ever will be and every day people pump in dozens more, heck if I get a aow, shadowweaver, high prophet, HV , royal guard or other similar sets, I always put them on the AH and they are almost ALWAYS below salvage price for goodness sake. I do so knowing others might need them still.

Getting purples is not the best way to make AD, or its just supplements now at the very least. Run WOD circle, tiamat and you are guaranteed 1-2 a day as it is.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    My vote: Keep Need/Greed/Pass but:

1: Need --> If you win, the item is BoP.
    2: Greed --> If you win, item is BoE.
    3: Pass --> Passed, no soup for you!

Otherwise, keep everything exactly the same. Sure, you can Need and get some ADs from salvage. Maybe go further and remove that tag from items acquired by Need?
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    kvet wrote: »
    1: Need --> If you win, the item is BoP. and unsalvagable

This addition would help.
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    kvet wrote: »
    My vote: Keep Need/Greed/Pass but:

1: Need --> If you win, the item is BoP.

That's a good and simple idea!
  • kromrylkromryl Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The whole Need vs. Greed thing could be fixed by Cryptic by adding a Need and Greed Button instead of one Q button. This way the parameters are set from the beginning for the whole party.

• rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    arcanaxe wrote: »
    Really, I mean wake up, make it BOP yes i can see the logic in that but make it unsalvagable. So you would suggest the item make useless because you threw a tantrum cause you didn't get it. The pure logic in some people's mind is just beyond me, we all play the game for fun, so people really go beyond themselves to force a lot of new players to FORCE greed an item because the want "Return of investment" on Pug runs.

It's egotistical buffoons like this that make a lot of new players leave the game. That is way their are channels that people join for runs like this. But to make a suggestion like this so that everybody is affected by your dumbass idea is by far the best joke I heard all day.

Please charononus please keep the ideas flowing from your side....Grabs popcorn can't wait for you next brilliant ideas.
    charononus wrote: »
    No it means that there is no reason to need unless you are planning on wearing it. It means that you won't need unless you need that piece to wear. Sounds like you want to need to get a little more ad and screw the rest of your party.

i agree with charonous

the thing your'e not considering, and the thing most people don't consider

is the simple fact that this community is full of asshats

i can simply wear crappy gear and pretend i "need" a certain item as an upgrade, but all i'm really doing is needing so i can sell for AD

it's a terrible byproduct, ONLY because ad is so hard sought-after by anyone trying to improve

so, greed all is imo, the best, most efficient, and friendliest to new and experienced players, that's what the last boss epic chests are for, so everyone gets their own piece of the pie

it works, but ideally, we'd like a greed all loot option, so people don't go in there expecting anything different
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hi!

If i could give just 1 advise to DEVs for the coming Mod, this would be it: delete the NEED option, GREED makes everybody kinda equal, where NEED is only there for ninja looters.

In the last few weeks i had to kick a growing number of thieves from guild.

Zone chat is full with discussions from ninja looters, all speak about the easy NEED option to get their dirty hands on items for the Paladin.

If NEED stays with new Mod and new class, new gear(s) i for see a lot of growth in ninja looting, which isn't really hard, cause these "persons" talk about it all day openly.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hi!

If i could give just 1 advise to DEVs for the coming Mod, this would be it: delete the NEED option, GREED makes everybody kinda equal, where NEED is only there for ninja looters.

In the last few weeks i had to kick a growing number of thieves from guild.

Zone chat is full with discussions from ninja looters, all speak about the easy NEED option to get their dirty hands on items for the Paladin.

If NEED stays with new Mod and new class, new gear(s) i for see a lot of growth in ninja looting, which isn't really hard, cause these "persons" talk about it all day openly.

better option is to add a loot rule of: greed all
  • rcn808rcn808 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The "need/greed/pass" mechanic should have been substituted with "roll/pass" ages ago.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    This thread again.

It's greed runs because it is the most equal way to distribute boe loot. Others will say that need is just as equal but it is not. The reason being that not all classes have the same value to their gear, and you can have more than one of the same class in a party. This means that need if you can is not equitable.

this is correct and fair

I just wish everyone understood it
  • ryonasryonas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    my only intake on the looting system for pub runs is this
    if someone selects Need >> make that item he receive bind on character

if he selects greed then bind on equip

that will solve the whole shenanigans of the looting system simple and the kicking vote abuse in pubs

how will this solve the problem?

because you are limited by 25,000 rough astral diamond refining

will he sacrifice his whole run for rough astral diamond .. pirate king is possible but not other T2 dungeons armors set or artifact drops