test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will xbox players be able to play with desktop PC/laptop players?

railakrailak Member Posts: 132 Arc User
Im curious. Will both XboxOne players and PC players be playing together in one server or they will be in different servers?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    zombodenzomboden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Everything is separate
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    There will be no cross-play. The XBOX has its own regional servers.
  • Options
    k0rxk0rx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Now.. That sucks..

I mean I know people playn' on the PC but I really liked playin' on my Xbone. It is sad to know that I'm going to have to make a choice between the known playerbase and the platform I'd prefer to play on.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    k0rx wrote: »
    Now.. That sucks..

I mean I know people playn' on the PC but I really liked playin' on my Xbone. It is sad to know that I'm going to have to make a choice between the known playerbase and the platform I'd prefer to play on.

Blame microsoft, they're the ones that decided that no game on XBone will be cross platform.
  • Options
    babalitybabality Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I must be the only one who actually prefers to play with Xbox One users only instead of experienced PC users with their mouse and keyboards.
  • Options
    spitfirespudspitfirespud Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    Blame microsoft, they're the ones that decided that no game on XBone will be cross platform.

Incorrect... Fable Legends will be cross platform. PC/XB1... more will be coming...
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Except for Fable legends.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Incorrect... Fable Legends will be cross platform. PC/XB1... more will be coming...

Only because Fable Legends is going to be win10 only. Neverwinter runs down to XP.

Legends sys reqs
    http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=8598&game=Fable%20Legends

Neverwinter sys reqs
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/dungeons-and-dragons-neverwinter/11660/?p=r

(the official page I can find for neverwinter is the old site and transfers to arc where I can't find it)

So unless PWE wants to lose an absolutely massive chunk of it's current players that won't upgrade to 10 from xp,vista,7,8 microsoft will not allow it.
  • Options
    spitfirespudspitfirespud Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Only because Fable Legends is going to be win10 only. Neverwinter runs down to XP.

Legends sys reqs
    http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=8598&game=Fable%20Legends

Neverwinter sys reqs
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/dungeons-and-dragons-neverwinter/11660/?p=r

(the official page I can find for neverwinter is the old site and transfers to arc where I can't find it)

So unless PWE wants to lose an absolutely massive chunk of it's current players that won't upgrade to 10 from xp,vista,7,8 microsoft will not allow it.

Peoplw who has Win 7 and above get a FREE upgrade in the first year
  • Options
    logrookslogrooks Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The game versions are completely different anyway. Cross platform would never happen with a game like this.
    "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain."
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Peoplw who has Win 7 and above get a FREE upgrade in the first year

They'd still lose customers and if you think everyone that has 7 will or even should upgrade I've got a bridge to sell you.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    Even with the Win10/Xbox Live thing, there won't be cross play because of the extra layer of verification and QA XBOX Live games need to go through with Microsoft. They already explained that this means that the XBOX One version will not launch with all the content of the PC Version and even when XBOX version gets up to what we have now on PC, the PC will be ahead in version because it's quicker to push things out to PC than it is to the XBOX. As another user simply put it, the XBOX and PC versions will never be the same version at the same time.
  • Options
    logrookslogrooks Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Even with the Win10/Xbox Live thing, there won't be cross play because of the extra layer of verification and QA XBOX Live games need to go through with Microsoft. They already explained that this means that the XBOX One version will not launch with all the content of the PC Version and even when XBOX version gets up to what we have now on PC, the PC will be ahead in version because it's quicker to push things out to PC than it is to the XBOX. As another user simply put it, the XBOX and PC versions will never be the same version at the same time.

Yea exactly. With PC games developers can push out updates at any date, as often as they want, but with Xbox LIVE you need to go through a whole list of steps before it can be released to the public, and even beyond that there is numerous other reasons why it couldn't happen.

Off topic. How come I can't choose a custom avatar, or is there a wait timer on that as well?
    "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain."
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    logrooks wrote: »
    Off topic. How come I can't choose a custom avatar, or is there a wait timer on that as well?
    You'll need to wait out the short probationary period to get full access to this forum's settings. If you're still unable after a week, contact any Moderator via Private Message. Thanks!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]