test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

xp bonus and leadership tasks...

rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
the leadership tasks that grant character xp, are they buffed by the xp bonus?

trying to decide to get the inscribed garments
Post edited by rotatorkuf on

Comments

• Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It's been decades since I had a character below 60 during a 2x XP weekend so I can't remember. Add one of those XP bonus enchants onto a utility slot and test it out. :p
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    From what I hear in-game, leadership tasks are affected by xp bonus items such as azures, and presumably the garments as well if they work the same. But only provided you collect the reward in-game. The gateway is not considered to be in-game, and rewards collected there don't get any bonuses. That's what's being said in game. I don't vouch for it.

But seriously, the xp from leadership is not that much that I'd depend that purchase on.

This is exactly right.
  • Options
    ebonyshadowebonyshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    From what I hear in-game, leadership tasks are affected by xp bonus items such as azures, and presumably the garments as well if they work the same. But only provided you collect the reward in-game. The gateway is not considered to be in-game, and rewards collected there don't get any bonuses. That's what's being said in game. I don't vouch for it.

But seriously, the xp from leadership is not that much that I'd depend that purchase on.

Yep.... I have the inscribed garments equiped on my toons, I still collect via gateway, I get time to nip on that when I don't have time to log into the game. The XP from leadership is negligible, no real loss, the garments come into their own when leveling, or doing dailys etc. Accout wide when you have 9-10 or more toons makes it worth the cost.
  • Options
    rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ****, yeah i had a bunch of leadership alts i wanted to use the shirts on

but i'm not getting xp bonus if i collect through gateway?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    ****, yeah i had a bunch of leadership alts i wanted to use the shirts on

but i'm not getting xp bonus if i collect through gateway?
    Nay, gateway does not include any xp bonuses on your character and neither does it give XP to your Summoned Companion in game. If you want the trivial XP bonus and XP for your companion, you need to claim the tasks in game instead.
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Nay, gateway does not include any xp bonuses on your character and neither does it give XP to your Summoned Companion in game. If you want the trivial XP bonus and XP for your companion, you need to claim the tasks in game instead.

Aha! I always suspected this, but I was always too lazy to care. It's why sometimes I wait with invoking and collecting my Leadership rewards until I've got the right comp out. (Though it's usually limited to my lowbies doing this. Switching companions and all their gear is such a PITA at max level)
    Artificer.jpg