test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are there really Active Guilds still.. or...

khorbahnkhorbahn Member Posts: 11 Arc User
did they go the way of the DoDo?

Personally, I'd love to join a Guild - but here's the problem:
  1. website applications that take forever or veto'd before you try
  2. DDO had Guild Bonuses and Bases. I know that's touchy, but NW killed DDO
  3. a party of 5 to start a Guild - if you can filter through Gold Spammers
    spams n bots..really? smh

So far, I haven't found a Guild in Social that even responds - so...

can we make an updated List of ACTIVE GUILDS?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    zadryezadrye Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sounds like a good plan. The main reason that I came here to post a thread for my guild is because of the gold spammers. But also, it's nice to outline what your guild is and who they are looking for. I'd rather someone pm me in game to ask me about the guild I'm in. Then rely on spamming chat with info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Founder of Guild: Aimin' To Misbehave
    Join Us Today!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    zadrye wrote: »
    Sounds like a good plan. The main reason that I came here to post a thread for my guild is because of the gold spammers. But also, it's nice to outline what your guild is and who they are looking for. I'd rather someone pm me in game to ask me about the guild I'm in. Then rely on spamming chat with info.

Exactly - I dont mind a brief pm, its an interview to me. paper is meant for my d20 bag n char sheet :D
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I hear you. The guild I'm in has slowly died over time and I've been thinking of shopping for a new one.

The one thing I will say is some of the website application guilds have been the best guilds I've ever been in, in other games. Many of them aren't to be "elitist" but to make sure that you are going to likely be a good fit and to limit drama. Don't rule a guild out because of an application.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    I hear you. The guild I'm in has slowly died over time and I've been thinking of shopping for a new one.

The one thing I will say is some of the website application guilds have been the best guilds I've ever been in, in other games. Many of them aren't to be "elitist" but to make sure that you are going to likely be a good fit and to limit drama. Don't rule a guild out because of an application.

That's good info, ty.

Sorry if I pulled off an "elitist" attitude ... most guilds i've been in never join the website.
    simple case of "habit".

Apologies.
  • Options
    ghosty2aghosty2a Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes, there are a lot of active guilds, both PvP and PvE oriented. Just looking at this thred and the dates of last postings should inform you of which ones are still active and recruiting. For instance, Tyrs Guild NW Recruitment Thred has been active before game launch and we are still going strong. As for an appilcation, yes we use one, but it is only 10 questions so does not take long to fill out. You can access it at Tyrs Paladium and read through our guild rules, which is a good description of who we are and what we stand for. Although the short of it is we are here to play the game to have fun. We would welcome an application form anyone interested and I look forward hearing from any and all who apply.
  • Options
    xorniconxornicon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I formed a guild a couple of days ago because I got tired of trying to solve these problems by joining a new guild. So, if you're looking, and you'd like to help me build a guild up, Blackwatch Syndicate is looking for people.

I'm not going to pigeon-hole us into any gameplay type, instead, the guild is open to anyone who wants to play in a social group, regardless of whether it's PvP or PvE.

Look me up ingame, the name is Quinara@xornicon, and I'll gladly get you into the guild.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Thanks everyone.

I'll try again - my only fear is never trying :D

Thanks again!
  • Options
    skymagus00skymagus00 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The guild I joined a couple of months back is very active. It is actually a group of guilds that originated as the Greycloaks and is now collectively known as The Cloak Empire. Please check the guild site for more information: http://greycloaks.enjin.com/. I do not have invitation privileges, but there is usually somebody around on the guild chat channel (explained on the guild site) who does. We have sections for both PvE and PvP.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We put in an application process to help narrow down the pool to people who actually care about joining. Our community is focused on good people. We could care less what your gearscore is, what class you play, or how many raids you led in WoW.

So while the process ends up turning some people off, the people we have playing together are otherwise utterly fantastic. And it's great to be part of something that endures because people like who they're playing with and respect them as a person, not just as that "CW LFG CN speed run".

You can always swing by the website (www.unrepetantgaming.com) and check things out.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    "Welcome to Tyrs Paladium!"

Those four words have been synonymous with top tier no drama, no zerg guild adventures since 2008.
    FUN and CAMARADERIE and TEAMWORK are so easy to EXPERIENCE in Tyrs, its everywhere. In quest. In guild chat. On our forum.

Guild rules and recruitment applications are not a sign of weakness, or activity level, or an attempt to be unfair in any way shape or form.

In fact, guilds need to stand for something if they wish to be recognized, and a conscientious guild shopper will realize they have an opportunity to get a glimpse of what the guild they may be interested in seeks beyond A WARM BODY.

Maybe the greatest reason to join a guild in Neverwinter is essentially TO SLOW THE GAME DOWN. If its just "a rental" and you'll be playing for 2-3 weeks, forget it. But if you are looking to ENJOY THE RIDE, enjoy the best parts of the Neverwinter community, and experience ALL PARTS of the game, than that and much more can be found in a good group of like-minded players.

In Tyrs Paladium, we take pride in our camaraderie. Check out our guild rules today and fill out an application. You wont get lost in a guild of thousands, or sitting around all day wondering when someone will log in. You'll be an integral part of our guild from Day One.

EU NEVERWINTER PLAYERS ARE WELCOME IN TYRS! WE HAVE A VERY LOYAL CONTINGENT of EU PLAYERS THAT MEAN THE WORLD TO US. IF YOU DO NOT LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES, DONT THINK TWICE, APPLY!!

If you do live in the United States, you should find folks on throughout the day from coast to coast.

PS The guilds mentioned above are also excellent choices. Those guilds are workin' it. Thats a GOOD THING!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    zadryezadrye Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hey there on my previus post I didn't link the guild I'm here so here is some info for anyone interested. Recruitment Thread

<Aimin' To Misbehave>
    Is a newer guild with a really good core group of friends. We left our old guild to make own. We're very laid back and like to have fun. We chat about movies and the game, do high end dungeons an skirmishes. But mostly we like to help each other out.

We're also some what concerned as to who we invite to the guild, because many of us do not enjoy elitists and major cash shoppers who brag about how much AD they bought. Enjoying the game is the most important thing for us. We know people have lives out side the game. We don't treat the game like a job, because no one wants to work all day and come home to "another job in the game"

If you think this fits you, and would like to join our family please feel free to pm me @zadrye or our guild recruiter @llwln (lower case L's) Also check out our guild site if you can't get in contact with one of us.
    aimintomisbehave.shivtr.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Founder of Guild: Aimin' To Misbehave
    Join Us Today!
  • Options
    hundetrenerenhundetreneren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited February 2015
    Well, Relentless is very much active, in fact, the last months we have been building the guild in number like never before. Altho, Quality before Quantity! Take a peek, application page or just whisper a member ingame is your choise :)
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?800381-Relentless-We-Been-Here-Since-Beta