test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Reporting Bugs Like a Pro - READ THIS BEFORE REPORTING

akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
Greetings adventurers!

If you find a bug while traversing the Forgotten Realms with your Xbox One, it's definitely good to report it here! However, there are some things you can do when reporting a bug that will help us find them on our machines and fix them more easily (which makes everyone happy).

It's simple, just use this template when reporting bugs and fill in the blanks with your information.

Subject: Place a quick description of the bug here.
Steps to reproduce: Place step-by-step instructions on how you came to see this bug. Try and be as specific as possible. If it takes 100 steps, so be it. the more specific you are here, can make it much easier for your QA analysts and developers to find the issue.
Bug: This is where you reiterate what the bug is.
Notes: Anything else that might help us identify the problem. Screenshots should also be posted here as well.

Here's an example:

Subject: Sergeant Knox's hair is green
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new character of any class.
2. Successfully complete the tutorial.
3. Enter Protector's Enclave.
4. Run to Sergeant Knox.
5. Talk to Sergeant Knox.
Bug: Sergeant Knox's hair appears green when you talk to him.
Note: Sergeant Knox's hair returns to normal after you complete the quest to talk to him.

Easy as that! That's how the pros do it and now you can too!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    blackgut13blackgut13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    joing a freinds instants
    i was trying to join my freinds shard and clicked a to comform and nothing happen i hit b to back out since a wasnt working and i went to try again at the same time she treid to go into the place where u checked on the crown it pop up a message group waiting on u at the same time i treid to join here and it froze me in the jump to freands instants screen had to exit out of the game to get out of the screen also if it helps we were in a group together
  • Options
    spookiestpandaspookiestpanda Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I do not have permission to create a new thread as I just created this account. But I have encountered the inability to delete characters. with the limited two slots i wanted to try them all briefly today. i created my devout cleric and it will now not let me delete her. when promted to enter her name and agree to deleting her i get a message "character delete failed" and it returns me to the sign in screen of the beta. Please look into this asap as the beta is only until the 8th, leaving me only two days to test all the characters at a low level.
  • Options
    tanner1337tanner1337 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2015
    Couldn't make a thread so will post here.

Is cloak tower broken for everyone or just me???

When I queue and get accepted into it and do all that good stuff it says, "can't find maps from map manager"
  • Options
    tanner1337tanner1337 Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2015
    Nevermind, tried it again and it worked.
  • Options
    expulselegendexpulselegend Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Cant make a thread. So...

I deleted a quest and now im stuck. i cant progress cause i cant do any more quests. Please help
  • Options
    hardrockmantugahardrockmantuga Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Got key for Xbox One But game not opening i click in it and it comes back to xbox one Menus (cant delete post) working now.
  • Options
    immortallif3immortallif3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Subject:Server

I'm constantly having sever issues.My attacks wont count and often times my character lags.
  • Options
    elmasajistaelmasajista Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hi, i put the beta key on xbox one, and download the game, but when i go to play i see an error : " Login server internal error : unsupported language. " and i try a lot of times to enter the game and always same message error.
    Waiting for some help thx you
  • Options
    telstar77telstar77 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When entering and exiting Moonstone Mask. I get booted from the game.
  • Options
    sithacolyte77sithacolyte77 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The terms of service URL displayed when first loading the Neverwinter beta on Xbox One takes you to terms of service, however they are not in English.

The URL displayed is http://passport.wanmei.com/jsp/member/agreemicro.htm
  • Options
    drizztfohldrizztfohl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Subject: Items are not comparing through inventory or 'equip another item' option in the 'character sheet' screen.
    Steps to reproduce: I would go to see if an item in my inventory would be better than the one that I have equipped. When I press A on that item in my inventory or through the 'character sheet' screen, it just tells me the name of the item and nothing else, no compared stats. When I first started the beta, it would compare my equipped item to the item I was interested in replacing it with.
    Bug: Items in inventory or through 'equip another item' option in the 'character sheet' screen will not compare the item stats with my equipped item.
    Notes: Don't know how to get screenshots from my xbox to the computer.
  • Options
    jmagesbloodjmagesblood Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    MY wife and I are playing the beta. Last night we were finally able to land in the same instance of a map. Today we are not so lucky. clicking on "move to their map instance" brings up "you will join...... in ......" press "a" to confirm nothing happens. Same thing happened yesterday. Tried brand new characters as soon as we reached the first city, same thing.
  • Options
    evilxskeletonevilxskeleton Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I have this bug where I recieved an email for the beta key but the email had no content so far I have sent an email back saying this now I have been asked to post it on here so I have set this reply up for people to see and I'm wondering if I can just get another email with a beta key so I can play neverwinter
  • Options
    darklurkr23darklurkr23 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    When you talk to the first Tiefling near the dracolich the text is missing the "The" of "the dragon" Just a small text error.
  • Options
    sithacolyte77sithacolyte77 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Unable to view details of completed quests.

Steps to reproduce.
    1) Press the menu button.
    2) Navigate to Quests and select Journal.
    3) Press 'X' button to show completed quests.
    4) Select a completed quest.
    Bug: The details on the right side are for the active quest and not the completed quest.
  • Options
    giantsirslayergiantsirslayer Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I was doing the lair of the mad demon, the frame was so behind ,it was like the x1 couldnt handle that area but we still finished it
  • Options
    ek2383ek2383 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Subject: Item comparison disappears.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Sort inventory.
    2. May take more than one time.
    3. may need to sort multiple bags.
    Bug: Item comparison disappears after sorting.
    Note: in order to fix this you must close out the game completely, not just log out. Repeated this bug several times last night, some times it was immediate and sometimes I had to do steps 2 and 3.
    Update: This seems to be happening at random now no real reason why its going away. You can still fix it by restarting the game. Last night I was in the Protectorate Enclave looking at my achievements then went to the market when I started to buy something I noticed it was gone again.

Subject: While in combat the ground textures flash in and out.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Enter combat. (Currently using 2-handed Warrior, Started in the Many Arrows Section)
    2. Once in combat the ground textures will flash in and out, usually to white but have been getting orange and red as well.
    3. Doesn't happen constantly. Happens the most when partied up. May take a little bit to reproduce while not in party.
    Bug: While in combat the ground textures flash in and out.
    Note: Textures will return to normal immediately.

Subject: Intro video and tutorial area audio.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. When I booted up the game the music and voices Were so loud and harsh sounding, I thought my TV was on 50 but was on 15.
    2. The rest of the game (so far) doesn't seem to have this issue.
    Bug: Audio seems extremely loud at default. Voice acting seems off and harsh
    Note: Its only in this area that the audio is absurdly loud. Once past this area the game audio seems to stabilize. This has also been reported by several of my friends.

Gamertag: evilknight23
  • Options
    drizztfohldrizztfohl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Subject: HR Hindering Shot
    Steps to reproduce: Just use the power.
    Bug: It does not grasp anything.
    Notes: Don't know how to transfer screenshots to computer.
  • Options
    uidcausticuidcaustic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Haven't been able to make a thread for a few days now because of "probation".

Black Lake Terror resulted in a crashing of the game 3 times. Was unable to log back into the game after the third time.

Total Beta Time Played: 3 hours
  • Options
    ek2383ek2383 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    drizztfohl wrote: »
    Subject: HR Hindering Shot
    Steps to reproduce: Just use the power.
    Bug: It does not grasp anything.
    Notes: Don't know how to transfer screenshots to computer.
    when you save the video save it to your ONE drive. All Xbox live users have one but you may need to set it up. So go to the ONE drive website login with your gamertag email and password. That should give you access to the program after you set it up for all of your xbl devices.
  • Options
    thayellarunnathayellarunna Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Sorry for posting this so late after the beta. Something to do with professions & story mission solo dungeons.

Subject: Professions weren't loading available tasks in story mode dungeons, such as caves & in town (houses). Any time I went to do professions while in one they wouldn't load most of the time.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. Enter any dungeon with character.
    2. While playing, profession crafting finishes after 10 minute job. Shiny icon on top of screen lets me know.
    3. Go to professions tab and complete current tasks.
    4. Go to start a new profession task while in the middle of any mini-dungeon
    5. Waiting... Waiting... Waiting... 10 minutes later no tasks have loaded up to start, and a whole extra task of time wasted.
    6. OR Waiting... Waiting... Keep playing game. forget that tasks were finished and need to be started again once I got out of cave.
    Bug: Profession tasks had trouble loading while in story dungeons. excluding 5-Player dungeon, skirmishes, pvp; I didnt try during those events. Everywhere else it worked fine and loaded right away in regards to professions.
    Note: Rarely the profession screen would load in the dungeon, very slowly; looked like it was loading on dial-up =)

Also add the mini-map, or at least the option to turn it on or off permanently anytime from the options menu. you can make it small and simple with nothing on the outside and mainly just quest areas marked on the mini-map. So that it doesn't take more than a fraction of a second to see where we're at and where we've come from. The seconds add up fast especially if you get lost or for when the trail marker isn't registering very well.

That's my time, look forward to playin on xbox woot woot!
  • Options
    antikzzantikzz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Unable to make a thread unfortunately. However "You are taking damage!" is being spammed on my screen after being disconnected while taking damage. Persists through relogs. It's pretty obnoxious.
  • Options
    xwedgheadxwedghead Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    On a couple of occassions now, when joining a new instance the game would kick me to the login menu. Dont know if this is a server connection issue or whever its a bug when joining an instance
  • Options
    zdragonlordzdragonlord Member Posts: 31
    edited April 2015
    xwedghead wrote: »
    On a couple of occassions now, when joining a new instance the game would kick me to the login menu. Dont know if this is a server connection issue or whever its a bug when joining an instance

Having same error. Lol, thats what I was coming here to report.
  • Options
    xpgsaintsxpgsaints Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Subject: Race Reroll

I got the 2 pack with 2 new races (my game is in french so i don't know the exact name in english).
    I'm supposed to have a race reroll token..well...supposed.
    What can I do??
  • Options
    beets78beets78 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    xpgsaints wrote: »
    Subject: Race Reroll

I got the 2 pack with 2 new races (my game is in french so i don't know the exact name in english).
    I'm supposed to have a race reroll token..well...supposed.
    What can I do??

This is already listed in the Known Issues thread:

"-Race Reroll Token Unavailable
    We are aware that players are unable to access the race reroll tokens they have purchased. We will be releasing a fix for this in the coming month. If you are affected by this issue, please reach out to our support team at support.arcgames.com or email them directly at customerservice@perfectworld.com for assistance. Players who have purchased this will have their token once this is fixed."
  • Options
    benny718benny718 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi all was going thru alil trouble with my invocation skill. The lady keep telling me to come back @lv 11 im lv 27
    She also says complete conering Korsov quest witch iv completed got the achievement for it 10gs. Anyway i never got the
    Quest invoking the gods and when i hold LB And push right on the Dpad i get nothing cus theres a lock with key hole icon where the skill should be. Please help im losing out on my rewards and i have an open ticket. Thanksyou.
  • Options
    chaoticnyancatchaoticnyancat Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Race Reroll bug. Just reporting that I too have this problem. Bought the Dragonborn/race re-roll stand alone for 2500 zen or whatver it costs and I am at the character selection screen with no option to change race. A quick fix on this would make the players with this problem really happy :D
  • Options
    silentchaos11silentchaos11 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As a guild leader in game and former raid leader of other MMOs would like to report the following bugs/needs/fixes for game.

1. Group/Raid requires a MA ring and puller status.

2. Guild tools/roster needs to be fixed immediately. We hit guild cap at 500 which was great. But trying to sort through, officers, recruits, members, whos online whos offline needs to be fixed immediatly. As well its way to easy to remove people from guild by mistake, make it a option to double check if someone needs to remove with say by inputing a password. Too many times while inviting have i disbanded a guild member already.
    On fixing the UI a suggestion for this is change the UI of the guild roster so that rank/level/name/class be scrollable downwards instead of a page by page basis, going through 500 members is insane atm to find someone to just promote them or see if there on, the same with checking which officers are on for our members to ask a question.

3. Guild Invite is bugged atm alot of the times, and only way to invite is inzone, inperson. please fix.

4. Requesting the option for a sub guild for alts, inactive members over 1 month and so forth. Or maybe going back to the Guild tool/UI option to tag members as alts.

5. Make zone instances automatically put guild/group members in the same instance. Too many times questing have to wait 2 minutes for a member to rezone just so we can move forward, this shouldnt be, id even for guild to go so far as making a instance for any guild over 250 have preference to be put in same instance as each other. Thats it for now hope this made sense.
  • Options
    floydxbafloydxba Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Aware that it is a known issue, but reporting I also cannot race reroll Dragonborn.
This discussion has been closed.