test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Using a Gamepad to play Neverwinter

wintersmith7wintersmith7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 22 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PvE Discussion
I bought a gamepad for this purpose, and it works on the log in screen where it displays the news and such, but as soon as i hit play, things stop working.

Also, the gamepad I'm using is a Logitech F310 Game pad.
Post edited by wintersmith7 on

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Hey there, check out this thread as it might have information to help. Please fee free to re-post there!

Sticky: ==> Microsoft XBOX Controller for Windows Configuation <==

There is a setting in game to enable or disable gamepads, make sure its enabled in game.

You may need a third party program (like Xpadder) to remap the keys, unless your Logictech Device comes with such or has such available from their web site.
    Have you tried the software for that gamepad?
    (Gamepad F310 Support - link -> click downloads)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I set up key patterns my issue is I never enabled gamepads, where do i do this?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    I set up key patterns my issue is I never enabled gamepads, where do i do this?
    . . . . . Once logged in, open Options, select Controls and it should be the second option down. It is a radial dial choice.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    thank you for your help
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I normally use xpadder for this stuff, anyone tried it on this or??
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    thank you for your help
    . . . . . Most welcome! I take it that solved your issue? (I don't think the tab appears in Options until you're actually logged into a character)
    I normally use xpadder for this stuff, anyone tried it on this or??
    . . . . . Indeed, check out the link in my first reply in this thread. Xpadder works great for the XBOX Controllers for Windows, at least! (Glorious avatar by the way!)

. . . . . Here's the link again though:
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cool thanks Zeb..
  • Options
    darkwiseog13darkwiseog13 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Hey there, check out this thread as it might have information to help. Please fee free to re-post there!

There is a setting in game to enable or disable gamepads, make sure its enabled in game.

You may need a third party program (like Xpadder) to remap the keys, unless your Logictech Device comes with such or has such available from their web site.
    Have you tried the software for that gamepad?
    (Gamepad F310 Support - link -> click downloads)

I use a Logitech Dual Action controller with all of the drivers installed. I have used it on DDO for over a year without any issues.

When I am in the Neverwinter game and go into options, there is no setting to enable or disable gamepads. There are no options for CONTROLS. I get four tabs, and controls and gamepads do not exist in them. Any thoughts? I am fully patched and updated.
  • Options
    arkamedeezarkamedeez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Incorrect, there is not a setting to enable gamepads in the Neverwinter options, unless mine is hidden compared to where it's located in the Champions client. I started playing during Beta Weekend 4 and have never seen any option to enable gamepads in the Neverwinter client.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    arkamedeez wrote: »
    Incorrect, there is not a setting to enable gamepads in the Neverwinter options, unless mine is hidden compared to where it's located in the Champions client. I started playing during Beta Weekend 4 and have never seen any option to enable gamepads in the Neverwinter client.
    I use a Logitech Dual Action controller with all of the drivers installed. I have used it on DDO for over a year without any issues.

When I am in the Neverwinter game and go into options, there is no setting to enable or disable gamepads. There are no options for CONTROLS. I get four tabs, and controls and gamepads do not exist in them. Any thoughts? I am fully patched and updated.
    . . . . . . That option is also missing for me. However it was there back in alpha and at least early beta, as that is when I was setting up and testing the controller out. It was listed in the same group as Camera Shake, which is now in a different location than I remember it being. I'll have to inquire about this one.
  • Options
    arkamedeezarkamedeez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How's that inquiry coming along?
  • Options
    foxtrot302foxtrot302 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Any update on this? I want to be able to play this game on my Nvidia Shield. Can we get a definitive answer as to whether this supports a controller or not (without using something like Xpadder or Pinnacle).
  • Options
    fnuzzlesfnuzzles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'd also like to know whether the devs intend to implement native gamepad support. I'm not interested in messing about with 3rd party solutions that often feel sup-optimal.
  • Options
    darthdregdarthdreg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'd also like to know whether the game will implement a gamepad support. Time goes bye ...
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The game doesn't have built in support. I doubt it will honestly. That been said all hope is not lost. I've purchased and tried a few of the 3rd party controller software options. I know lots of people mention Xpadder but honestly it's no where near as good as Pinnacle. Pinnacle works 99.9% with the default profile. Xpadder is about 90%. One issue is you still have to hit 6 to use your mount and the "W" to move forward (holding up on the left thumb stick ) sticks where you have to hit the down key (S). I do have this issue on the keyboard as well though so don't think it's anything to do with pinnacle. I use it with both the wired and wireless Xbox 360 controller for several months now and I prefer it over the mouse and Kb by far!
  • Options
    jchriz229jchriz229 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    . . . . . Once logged in, open Options, select Controls and it should be the second option down. It is a radial dial choice.

I have a very similar issue, I have a logitech f310 also and I'm having difficulties locating exactly where to "enable gamepads." I'm a little slow apperently because under options I can't find "controls" nor do I know what a "Radial Dial" is. Please I'm so stressed out over this.
  • Options
    kenjo12kenjo12 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    aye i cant find Controllers under options so i guess im going to have to try 3rd party program then ;/
  • Options
    s32ialxs32ialx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    kenjo12 wrote: »
    aye i cant find Controllers under options so i guess im going to have to try 3rd party program then ;/
    they keep changing things maybe posting in my more recent topic about this matter will help get both of us an answer.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?844321-Xbox-One-Port-and-Controller-Support
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Closing for necromancy, please use a living thread like the one linked above. Thanks!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
This discussion has been closed.