test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stop crapping on Clerics and HEAL yourself already

blackmonalisablackmonalisa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
It's one thing that you run off half-prepared into situations, throwing everyone in the party into the midst of mob madness...not just once, not twice but every single time. Then you have the audacity to scream and throw a fit that you died because the cleric didn't heal you? Are you for real?
Just because there is a Cleric in your party, does not mean you suddenly get to become immortally stupid. If mobs are on you, chances are they are on the cleric too. Allow the cleric the chance to keep themselves alive so they can actually get to you and heal you. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and take a dayum potion. It's not that hard of a concept to understand!

And if you are still complaining ask yourself the following questions
1. what would I have done if the cleric wasn't there?
2. Do I realize that the cleric is not the messiah?
3. Am I aware that clerics do other sorta amazing things aside from healing?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Players who run off by themselves:
    1) Solo everything, needs no healing
    2) Thinks he can solo everything, needs healing

If someone runs off, it's his business, end of story.
    If someone behaves badly, put him on ignore, end of story. Out of sight, out of mind.
  • Options
    cetaceta Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Love these childish rants. Especially when they are like this one here. In a party in a dungeon. a GF is dependent on the cleric. Learn your heals better then people wont kick or get upset with you. My girl has her cleric. When she plays she gets compliments. But when i Play it I get hate messages and booted out of parties... Why you may ask. Because i have the same issue as you do. I totally suck at cleric. I rather be the guardian fighter. So, My best advice to you. Learn the cleric roll better. It sucks having a bad cleric. Parties are so dependent on them for healing. If you have a dps cleric, you have made a mistake. respect fast LOL
  • Options
    cetaceta Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    Players who run off by themselves:
    1) Solo everything, needs no healing
    2) Thinks he can solo everything, needs healing

If someone runs off, it's his business, end of story.
    If someone behaves badly, put him on ignore, end of story. Out of sight, out of mind.

Amen. totally agreee with wimpazoid. But in this case , judging by the wordage. Id say this guy needs to practice his heals more and stop trying to dps the monsters and focus on the healing. you know, the main purpose of a claric.
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    In which dungeon does a GF currently need a cleric, again? Soon we will probably be in need of a cleric, but as of right now... only a GF without lifesteal is really dependant on a DC.

• Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I doubt it's a GF running off by himself. When I play my DCs, if you're not within melee range of the biggest mob, you're not getting healed. When I play my CW, GWF or HR, I don't expect anyone to heal me. That's what lifesteal and potions are for. DCs really aren't good healers. They're buffers/debuffers whose powers sometimes heal those in range. Never expect a DC to find you. If you're not there, you die. As it should be.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Righteous DCs aren't very good at healing compared to the other paths. I can't be responsible for keeping your health maxed out every micro-second. Learn to dodge some things once in a while.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    aulduron wrote: »
    I doubt it's a GF running off by himself. When I play my DCs, if you're not within melee range of the biggest mob, you're not getting healed. When I play my CW, GRF or HR, I don't expect anyone to heal me. That's what lifesteal and potions are for. DCs really aren't good healers. They're buffers/debuffers whose powers sometimes heal those in range. Never expect a DC to find you. If you're not there, you die. As it should be.

this !!!! i even pulled mobs with split shot, if i am ahead of others. sometimes soulforged saves me when they jump all at me, but who cares i immediately become invsible with forest ghost a then others already damaging.

if someone insult you that you dont healing him, dont play with him. there are droves of players that dont need healing and you can play your cleric as you want. dps, buff, debuff or healing, no matter
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Healing DC is never welcomed in PvE as far as i know. People asked us to wear our BIS T1 set, equipping GPF and use Divine Glow and/or PoD depending on the situation. The one asking for healing and blamed DC when he died is probably a pve newbie, because he/she dont know pve clerics main role is debuffing+dps.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    We need healing for anything currently? /mindblown
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ceta wrote: »
    Love these childish rants. Especially when they are like this one here. In a party in a dungeon. a GF is dependent on the cleric.
    I have run eLoL multiple times on my GF without a cleric, guess I just didn't know how dependent on them I am.
    It sucks having a bad cleric. Parties are so dependent on them for healing. If you have a dps cleric, you have made a mistake. respect fast LOL
    Now that is hilarious.

If you need a cleric's healing in current endgame, then it's YOU who has made mistakes building your character.
  • Options
    blackmonalisablackmonalisa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    They're buffers/debuffers whose powers sometimes heal those in range. Never expect a DC to find you. If you're not there, you die. As it should be.

I am a Righteous DO, so yes I do dps and buffs/debuffs. And I do it really well. When I do my job correctly there isn't a need to throw heals. I can and do hold my own and support others quite well, thank you very much. What I won't do is chase after that one player who just can not wait for the rest of the party and tries to solo it themselves. I've been seeing this with more frequency lately. Am I going to chase after someone and doesn't care about the rest the party, or am I staying with the rest of the party increasing all of our chances of living? Not that hard to figure out really.

And for the love of whatever you pray to, STOP telling people how to play their class/game. I play several classes and know their mechanics...and yet you don't see me telling people how to play them.
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    3. Am I aware that clerics do other sorta amazing things aside from healing?

Sorry, I guess I assumed the staple healy-thingy class was supposed to heal all the things.
    Since, y'know, if I wanted a DPS I'd invite a CW.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    mjytresz wrote: »
    Sorry, I guess I assumed the staple healy-thingy class was supposed to heal all the things.

I've seen good dps clerics destroy CW's since the DC changes. Blew my mind when I first came back. DC's can do a lot of dps while buffing and debuffing now. And they still provide some healing.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Why would you want a worse DPS?
  • Options
    edited February 2015

You were wrong. If they wanted DCs to heal everyone, targeting and finding your group members would be much easier. They wouldn't have taken the heals out of Astral Shield and Hallowed Ground. If you want healed, stay in melee range.
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I m a righteous DO but i mainly debuff/buff and heal. DPS is not my main concern but debuffing and support heal is. The only problem i see in eSoT/eLoL is TR/CW/HR and sometime CW loves to tank golem..u know even how godly my healing is, there is no way i gonna save u if u got 1 hitted with my dmg resistant buff on. When ur soulforge popped..u know u cant tank..so try dodging it please. Also another advice for HR..if u accidentaly pull some mob which is more than u can handle from the party..pls run back to the group..so i can focus my heal at that particular area, instead of split heal till everbody is dead. Also bear in mind, if a DC dun heal u even if u come right in the face means heal is on cooldown and divinity is empty..so please use pots to survive for few second.
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Why would you want a worse DPS?

Might as well ask why I want good class design and balance.
    Need debuffs? DC.
    Need DPS? DC.
    Need an immortal tank? DC.
    Need heals? DC.
    Need coffee? DC.
    Car broke down? DC.

Obviously you're all begging Cryptic to rebalance DC.
    You were wrong. If they wanted DCs to heal everyone, targeting and finding your group members would be much easier. They wouldn't have taken the heals out of Astral Shield and Hallowed Ground. If you want healed, stay in melee range.

I didn't realize DCs have a 2m leash on heals.
    I'm obviously doing something wrong with my DC.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I don't hunt down headless chickens. If that's your thing, then more power to you.
  • Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    OP: That is an old thing. You expect other players to be aware of what they are doing, of what you are doing and to know, what exactly teamwork means. But these expectations will never be met, neither in this game nor anywhere in real life. And in this game, this is not only a problem with Clerics, it happens with every class.

When I play my Scoundrel TR in PVP, I get yelled at for not being Permastealth and tanking nodes.

When I play my GF, I get yelled at for not using KV in groups, where everyone keeps standing in Garakas' red circles.

When I play my MoF CW, I get yelled at for not doing as much damage, as the Spellstorm Mage, ignoring my smolder/feat buffs for the whole team.

Your best solution is to look for a good guild, and keep doing things only with them. And in situations where this is not possible, like Tiamat, put them on ignore and do your thing.
  • Options
    zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I would like to fav the OP's post here. I am a cleric that has relegated myself to a dps role for now. If healing becomes more required at level 70 then I will consider healing full time again, but right now I am of more benefit to the group as a dps with buffs and debuffs than I am as a fully dedicated healer. Of course I make sure to let parties know this before paw too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    A good group wants a buff/debuff DC. A mediocre group gets good with a buff/debuff DC. Players with bad gear/skill/spec need a healing DC.

I only slot healing spells (divine glow heals, but is slotted for the buff/debuff), when I run with newbies or bad PuGs.

A good dmg/buff/debuff DC can be paingiver, buff group dps for up to 100% and heal some. ATM DC is the strongest class for PvE imo.

My CW has 22k GS and my DC 19,5k. The CW does solid dmg, CC and debuffs. Guess who is requested, if there is not allready a DC in the group, the DC.

BTW DC cant outheal onehits, everything else, your lifesteal should take care of.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'm really hoping the changes to lifesteal and regen don't mean we need to have a healer for most things.
    One of the most refreshing things about this game is the way that any class can self-heal in most circumstances. It would be a real shame if we are pushed towards that old skool holy trinity thing.
  • Options
    ebonyshadowebonyshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    *chuckles* old old problem, much older than neverwinter, in fact it happens much less in neverwinter (So far).

Mr Dweeb is a clueless DPSer, he thinks tagging every mob in the entire dungeon is a cool thing to do, hey it means one big fight and the dungeon is done quicker right. The party has a tank, so it isn't as if he should get attacked, if he does then 'obviously' the tank isn't doing his job right.... so it is fine to throw a teenage hissyfit at the tank and try and get him kicked from the party

He thinks he doesn't have to move out of those red areas, they only do damage and healing any damage is what the party took a cleric along for. If his health even gets low then 'obviously' the cleric isn't doing their job right.... so it is fine to throw a teenage hissyfit at the cleric and try and get him kicked from the party

Thankfully you tend only to find Mr Dweeb in PUG's (And again, from my experience there are less in neverwinter than I've found elsewhere). Join a guild, where possible run with your guild... if you have a decent guild, then you may never meet Mr Dweeb

Personally..... those that act like an idiot, I'll just let them die and focus on helping those who are helping get through the content rather than those making the content harder than it needs to be.... I just ignore the QQing

But as said above, this isn't a trinity game, so there IS much less of it here.
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited February 2015

if you wanted dps you'd rather take a rogue or a fury sw

cw and dps DC are about the same dps wise currently. You are just tradeing control (which most cw's dont use) vs heals and debuffs. I'll take the DC 10/10 times.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    if you wanted dps you'd rather take a rogue or a fury sw

cw and dps DC are about the same dps wise currently. You are just tradeing control (which most cw's dont use) vs heals and debuffs. I'll take the DC 10/10 times.
    I have to say you're wrong on cw's not using control. It's rare to not see a CW using IT and ST at the very least.
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    2. Do I realize that the cleric is not the messiah?

I agree with you on everything except this. My DC is totally the messiah, sent to Toril to spread Corellon Larethian's love to all. ;P
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    vcekvcek Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Blaming DC for heals is not worth looking into (yet i am here doing it),
    1) i personally feel obligated to heal GF if he uses Knight's Valor (especially in Epic LoL or SoT)
    2) i don't use all 3 encounter slots so I keep Bastion of H. or Healing word for non-divinity use only (the both give high amount of AP too)
    3) Divine glow heals pretty well if you are Righteous path with high damage (best for PVE IMO)
    4) Astral Seal works pretty well on bosses and elites
    5) Sunburst divinity is a great way to heal,DoT and build empowered stacks
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ceta wrote: »
    Love these childish rants. Especially when they are like this one here. In a party in a dungeon. a GF is dependent on the cleric. Learn your heals better then people wont kick or get upset with you. My girl has her cleric. When she plays she gets compliments. But when i Play it I get hate messages and booted out of parties... Why you may ask. Because i have the same issue as you do. I totally suck at cleric. I rather be the guardian fighter. So, My best advice to you. Learn the cleric roll better. It sucks having a bad cleric. Parties are so dependent on them for healing. If you have a dps cleric, you have made a mistake. respect fast LOL

No.

Never.

Not within the length and strength of my arm will the world be this way.

I make changes with my DC main when running dungeons or the Herald-go-round...but for the most part, those changes emphasize buff/debuff over direct damage. Only if I see someone in direct peril will I bother with healing, and even then, most times the problem solves itself. I can't count how many times I see some **** DC drop the big yellow daily only to have the fight end two seconds later because everyone else's dps is buffed. Maybe in the bossest of boss fights...but nowhere else are such sacrifices for the party necessary. If you can't play your toon and survive, maybe it's YOUR problem, and not the clerics'. If your GF is that dependent on the DC for support, I'm thinking you need to reconsider your options.

Oh, and *respec.
This discussion has been closed.