preview server not working?

lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
every time i log in and try to play preview server it crashs
any1 else having this trouble too?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yes me too. I crash while on load screen ,after the "Character Select". I've already submitted a bug report.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    If you are attempting to load a character in one of the turned-off campaign areas, it will crash. Move your character to PE and re-copy.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It s not that becky.. well it s not only that
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Yeah, they're not being specific enough to tell if the crashing is something like certain graphics cards are bugged again.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I was having this issue though I was not even making it to the character select screen. I recopied my main to Mimic and then launched the server from the Neverwinter Launcher application with Arc off and I was able to load on.
  • cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same here!
    What I discovered is if you wait around 10 minutes, it will time out and I'll get sent to the log in interface, then I can enter the game. However, once inside, the whole thing can freeze and crash at any time.
    Preview used to work great for me in the past, I just hope this instability is because it was a rush job to get this module on preview and it isn't linked with module 6 content, in which case once it goes live the same thing would happen.
  • quollquoll Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Same issue here. My crashes have happened anywhere from character select loading, to crashing while loading PE, to getting into PE and freezing.
  • aelracaelrac Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    quoll wrote: »
    Same issue here. My crashes have happened anywhere from character select loading, to crashing while loading PE, to getting into PE and freezing.

Same exact problem here...what gives???!!
  • cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I managed to get it to work:
    - wait up to 10 minutes so the client unfreezes when it shows the game loading, you should be timed out to log in, then you should be able to get into the game for a short while at least.
    - go into your settings and change directx 11 to directx 9.
    - close and re-open your client.

Not sure why directx 11 causes so many problems for only some people, but this fixed the issues for me, I can play with no problem now.
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I seem to have a crashing issue with my 3D graphics drive... or at least that is what the error is telling me. The driver works fine for any other game including neverwinter dragon live server, it works perfect. But when I log into preview I crash nearly everytime, before I can even see the character screen. After that it always tells me to "verify" my files, which everyone knows doing so never does anything for anyone.

This is the error I get.... does it look familiar to anyone? >> http://gyazo.com/dd25e0468909a6c1089d971033f5183e <<
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I had the same problem, crash as it tries to load character select. Starting it in safe mode seems to be working for me so far. If i choose safe mode after i logged on, it seems to sometimes not work, so choose safe mode, then enter your password.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I had the same problem, crash as it tries to load character select. Starting it in safe mode seems to be working for me so far. If i choose safe mode after i logged on, it seems to sometimes not work, so choose safe mode, then enter your password.
    Yeah safe mode is working thanks :D
  • dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Just got kicked from preview server and the Preview server gateway is also down too...
    bummer and i just got my Alchemy to rank 25.
    BTW noticed I cant access Dread Zone.. it booted me back to the enclave.
    And no Sharandar on the map as well
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Nevermind :) it was only a patch file that just got added a little while ago.. and the preview server gateway is back up and working
    https://gatewaytest.playneverwinter.com/ here's the link for anyone who wants it :)

Would like to know what the approx. 700 meg update was though :)
    5790248SLdyC.png
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited February 2015
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Also, from the looks of it, I didn't download 700MB, most appeared to mirror locally. There was SOME update downloaded, but it wasn't much.