test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question about Boons/dreadring/sharandar

tristanusstristanuss Member Posts: 73 Arc User
edited February 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I dont found it so:

Campaigns will be closed, but what about the boons? all chars will have it, or all will dont have it?

And, these maps will come back then open again the campaigns?

Coz im playing with a new char, my main got all 100%, but that new dont, so, how it gona work?

and about sigils, i still dont have permission to take it, i can take it now only having another lvl 60 char?
Or i need to RUSH and open quests to take it before mod6? How it goona work?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My guess is they'll return as level 70 content, but those who have the boons get to keep them.
    I wouldn't want to be the devs if they declare "Hey guys, we're just going to erase the countless weeks you've spent on these things. But don't worry, you get to do the grind all over again once you reach the new level cap! Awesome, right?!" :P
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Exactly.

And im afraid coz i was going to play my new char lvl 60 as main, but, its with 2 boons or 3 right now, campaigns about 30%, i will be weaker if they close it, or open it again at 70.. and about sigils, i dont have then yet, i was about to get the 3rd boon and open IWD and pick then.. so, what about it?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They are turned off ON PREVIEW, to get people to focus on the new content, which is already a titch problematic.

News flash. On preview, nobody can access the campaign interfaces, the boons from them (if they do a full respec), the black ice shaping profession, nothing. Nothing whatsoever that is directly associated with any of the previous campaigns can even be viewed.

They're not turning them off permanently because that would be stupid. It is just a test case limitation. They are highly unlikely to make them into level 70 content either, since newer content typically operates under the assumption that you have completed at least some of the older content.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They are highly unlikely to make them into level 70 content either, since newer content typically operates under the assumption that you have completed at least some of the older content.

I've known MMOs that have done such things before, although the majority does leave old content as it was. In Neverwinter's case it's not like out leveling it would let someone get the boons faster, since they're all gated behind dailies and tokens which you can only get at certain rates, so you're probably right.
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    So they will only turned OFF on PREVIEW? live they will still work like normal ? If is it.. ok i got my question ashwer :D
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Quoted from patch notes:
    Campaign Reworks
    The campaigns have been updated to scale to your current level to provide an alternate leveling path for those who have not completed their campaign tasks or just want to go back and get items they may have missed!

Rewards are not yet finalized.

Seems like I wasn't that far off after all. :)
    Artificer.jpg
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tristanuss wrote: »
    I dont found it so:

Campaigns will be closed

Not AFAIK. Where did you read that?
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The campaigns are currently disabled on preview but will definitely still be available when Mod 6 goes live. The exact form they will take is a bit vague but they WILL be there.

I'm aiming to get a few alts to IWD via Dread Ring before Mod 6 hits, just in case the updated campaigns are slower or harder.