test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

how is black ice gear gonna be in mod6?

rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
edited February 2015 in PvP Discussion
should i even bother grinding out black ice gear or is it going to be useless?

anyone have any idea yet?
Post edited by rotatorkuf on

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    should i even bother grinding out black ice gear or is it going to be useless?

anyone have any idea yet?

I don't think anyone knows yet to be honest. If they update it, my guess is you'll have to regrind out a level 70 version, but that is a complete guess and should not be thought as any kind of direct information.
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Would suck to try get those gloves all over again.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Unless they plan to add 2 more levels to black ice shaping, 3rd IWD zone for lv70 and proceed with upgrades, don't hold your breath.
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Right now it is garbage compared to the Drow PVP gear. Once you hit level 61 it goes out the window.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    is drow pvp gear available on mod6?
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rotatorkuf wrote: »
    is drow pvp gear available on mod6?

Not at the moment. Also, it will not be called "Drow" gear.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • geministrikegeministrike Member Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Not at the moment. Also, it will not be called "Drow" gear.

Then why is it available on preview server? Isn't it kinda silly to put it there since it won't be available on mod 6?
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Level 70 better come with some awesome gear sets for PVE, cause CN, VT, MC, IWD gear is now obsolete. I hope they're not gonna force us to re-gear and then give us just one set of gear for each class, with uninspired stats selection and set bonuses.
    But I'm sure they wouldn't do that to us ... Right?
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Then why is it available on preview server? Isn't it kinda silly to put it there since it won't be available on mod 6?

The sets are being renamed and their look reworked to be more in with the 'Elemental theme' and they will have their stats updated to be equivalent to the best lvl 70 gear so it sounds like they will be available at module 6 launch , just not called Drow gear and not lvl 60 .

TL;DR - The sets are being replaced with new looking lvl 70 sets for module 6 , or as Graxl3 says -
    graalx3 wrote: »
    The 'Drow set' will be updated before launch to be equivalent to the best level 70 gear. It will also have a new look to be more in keeping with the elemental theme of this module and no longer be called the Drow set.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    It will most likely be useless and inferior to the drow set/artifact equipment
  • setimoselosetimoselo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Alot of you got off-topic (Drow Gear). I am interested in if Black Ice Gear will scale levels or not aswell.
    23uvq8m.png
    edited January 2015
    setimoselo wrote: »
    Alot of you got off-topic (Drow Gear). I am interested in if Black Ice Gear will scale levels or not aswell.

this

should we even bother grinding it out if it's not going to be scaled up
  • indritindrit Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    it should scale up unless they have in plan some other set to rival drow in pvp else it would be drow everywhere. My only hope is that we wont need to hunt for gloves and main hand with the characters that already got them ,to most players took several months to get gloves let alone main hand.It took me 2 months to finish purified and with only my main char so i gave up with the rest.So yeah if they scale up Black Ice gear instead of releasing something except for drow they should at least take under consideration the effort everyone made to finish the BI sets already and not make us start all over.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I'd like them to add a T4 level for 70 or something to the BI gear. I like the hybrid gear for my PVE toons whenever I decide to grind out one of the PVP campaigns. Also it gives PVP players some more choices.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    loboguild wrote: »
    I'd like them to add a T4 level for 70 or something to the BI gear. I like the hybrid gear for my PVE toons whenever I decide to grind out one of the PVP campaigns. Also it gives PVP players some more choices.

Now, that would be a solution for those that made the effort to obtain these sets (and in some cases *paid money in the Zen store* for the piece they couldn't get to drop).
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It will be upgraded... there are too many black ice kits in the zen store and professions max levels are being increased
    edited February 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    It will be upgraded... there are too many black ice kits in the zen store and professions max levels are being increased

Black Ice Shaping might not get a level cap increase. It doesn't behave like other professions, since you level it via the IWD campaign and not with crafting tasks, and it caps at 3 not 20. It would be awkward to hack in a way to level it higher, even by one rank.

Still, something to keep it relevant seems necessary considering the amount of Zen grab directly tied to it.

Adding T4 empowerment to existing BI gear would require updating the stats and the empowerment interface accordingly, but it would keep players engaged with IWD since they'd need to keep topping up their gear. No need to craft anything new at all.

They *could* kludge in a way to add levels to the crafting and require you to sacrifice your existing gear and get a bunch more BI and epic crafting materials to make reinforced BI gear, but I think that's a far less elegant solution, since it would leave you partially naked for as long as your gear takes to make, and you'd be forced to re-transmute, etc. Lobo's idea is better, imo.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• kazearimorikazearimori Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Don't get hopes up on BI scaling.
    As someone has pointed out, it requires heavy rework to the gears and not forgetting IWD as a whole with the contents being level60 focused.
    An upgrade will be a huge rework to the entire map and removing it as way of progression at 60 instead.

Don't get me wrong, I do hope BI can scale too after the tremendous work, but with the super low chance we see that coming.
    edited February 2015
    Adding a T4 empowerment level to the exiting gear doesn't require doing anything to the maps or the campaign. It's a straightforward update to the final product gear itself.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited February 2015
    Adding a T4 empowerment level to the exiting gear doesn't require doing anything to the maps or the campaign. It's a straightforward update to the final product gear itself.

oh that's right

i forgot black ice gear is already scaled up through t3 using black ice shaping

interesting, maybe they can simply add a t4 level, but who knows eh?
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    we have to wait and see
    beside black the sets, there are the artifact equipment's that take ages to level
    if simple L70 equipment's will be better then that it will be sad
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well they are scaling the campaigns to player level. So the areas won't be level locked anymore. The mobs will scale from 60 to 70 depending on the player.

The devs have also indicated that gear rewards will be awarded based on the level of the player. What we do not know, is what this means exactly.

It could either mean the items will remain the same and scale up as players level. Or it could mean that items drop at a fixed level that matches the level of the player, at the time of the drop. This could mean, that everyone with current level 60 black ice gear. Might need to complete an entire new set at level 70.
  • s1lv3rdrgnforums1lv3rdrgnforum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It *WILL* be scaled and is probably already available to view on preview. Look in Collections.
    Bedlam: Creating chaos as a MI Exec TR
    Avariel Merilwen: Burn baby, MoF/Rene
    Aejun The Silver: Devoted to Healing, DevOP/Justice
    Mina Rosepetal: Super Natural, Pathfinder/Melee
    Frost: Benchwarmer, Soulbinder/Fury
  • br00tall0rdbr00tall0rd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I think the idea of scaling old gear to be powerful in new content is ridiculous. As well as the whole system of RP grind and artifacts.
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It *WILL* be scaled and is probably already available to view on preview. Look in Collections.

I checked the preview and its not clear...
    do I need ot level up before seeing it?
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    What we do not know, is what this means exactly.

Considering how scaling content works now, it could be a huge mess. I'm talking about the CTA events. I've been in fights, with my lower lever characters, where my damage didn't scale up - usually for the first attack. Also, I've been in fights where my level 60 characters had their damage scaled down.
    I think it's a awesome system, but it's gonna need some fine tuning, if we're gonna be so dependent on it.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • ucanthandleucanthandle Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    I really hope the armor does not scale. I hope they just release a new black ice gear set for level 70s (but make it where you can actually buy all the items). Scaling the armor is pretty stupid. The whole point of increasing levels is to keep the game interesting. New levels = new items. Old items should not be useful, thats part of leveling up.

I also hate the idea of zones scaling to level. As you level up it takes more of a stat to give the same bonus. So being level 60 wearing X armor you have a certain power, you level up to 61 and wear the same armor because you have not had a chance to upgrade yet so you become weaker? Leveling up should not make you weaker. In normal zones the lower stats make up for it by you being higher level than the mobs. In scaling zones you just get the negative. Really no point in ever leveling if a level 40 can be just as strong as a level 60 in an area.