test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Preview offline for the weekend

Comments

• ebonyshadowebonyshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    It is nearly mid-day here on GMT, they are based in california, that's 8 hours behind us, so around 4am, I can't see them doing anything with preview till 9 or 10am their time at the earliest, so I wouldn't expect anything for at least 5 or 6 hours, maybe more.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    caewin wrote: »
    May I make a suggestion? Every time I have eventually come on the forums just to find out that the preview shard is down, the cute little server status indicator is all the while happily shining green at me. I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but isn't the point of the server status indicator to let players know the server is or isn't working? If it isn't just me, please reset the indicator as needed. It might save a little time.

That indicator only reports LIVE server status. There is no indicator for Preview other than ... it doesn't work.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    atriar wrote: »
    So monday AM 11:58, almost twelve and still the preview is nowhere. -,-

Based on your post... you are ten hours ahead of us (I am in Pacific Time Zone) - I wouldn't expect to see the preview server come online sooner than about 10 A.M. (if we're all extremely lucky) - which should be about 7 P.M. your time. ;)
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    i hope you can fix the problem while we try to delete chars on preview...

My problem too - can't delete characters to free up a spot for the Paladin.
    I aim to misbehave
  • hodiel01hodiel01 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    The Preview server is currently patching over 7,000 MB on my computer, that seems to be a positive indicator....
  • snarccusssnarccuss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    7 GB :o u scared me dude :eek:
  • ansuz4221ansuz4221 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    snarccuss wrote: »
    7 GB :o u scared me dude :eek:

Don't be scared. For me it was just 1 GB (about 300 MB download) :)
  • h4rd4sironh4rd4siron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    when will the preview server opens??
  • lordjaqenlordjaqen Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    yea when will it be open ..... i want to try the pally >.<
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lordjaqen wrote: »
    yea when will it be open ..... i want to try the pally >.<

Change Blizzard to PW and you have your answer.
    "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
  • tinvolgortinvolgor Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Any updates to when the Preview Shard is coming back online?
  • trouble#8887 trouble Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    tinvolgor wrote: »
    Any updates to when the Preview Shard is coming back online?

Soon .
  • rezzarrezzar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    How soon is soon?
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    As soon as soon can be.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Not soon enough.
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    atriar wrote: »
    So monday AM 11:58, almost twelve and still the preview is nowhere. -,-

well the issue with the fast that it is Monday, is that they have normal Jobs to take care of during he week day, which is why they only screw with Test server On Friday at quitting time.

However, I do not see why they would not be able to schedule time to work on it, and at least toss us some form of an update or estimated Date etc.

Many of the testers are worried that Cryptic Pushed Mod 6 , which was actually a massive scale conversion from 60 lvls in game to total of 70. This portion alone is going to be filled with issues and bugs, that we have not been given enough time to help test and break for the devs.

Now we have already the new Class which will have plenty of its own issues and a good chunk of tester will be working on that as well.

Worries me a little as we will have less end game testing which needs to be Done sooner than the Palandin needs to be tested.
  • animalustanimalust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 573 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    Same here... I'd hate to see the same things happen with Tiamat, except on a much more grand scale...

*shudders at the game wide implications...*

Yah there was a total of what, 5 actual Tiamat runs before they released it to live? and we still do not have a properly working Tiamat.. You cant group queue.. Game Clients have a "time" difference for each player so you cant all join at the same "time" reliably.... This issue I have brought up to Akro and the Devs a few times (they have even confirmed a 1-3 minute discrepancy from Game Time to Local Time)

I do not have a good outlook on this, even if mod 6 is pushed back til after august, I don't think they are affording us enough time to help them debug.
  • h4rd4sironh4rd4siron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    what happened with preview???? preview coming soon..soon...soon... (nice joke).
  • blackylukeblackyluke Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Panderus is online as I write this.

I guess they are working on getting preview up, right now.
    Should be working ^soon
  • hivercidehivercide Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Is there any update as to when the Preview shard will be up? It's 1:27 pm in California for me now, and I'm still getting the never-ending "Connecting to the login server. Please wait" before it kicks me out again.
  • lordjaqenlordjaqen Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    here it is 4:36pm on monday and still not up !
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    its Tuesday in 10 min... even got fiber optic internet for moar paladin pwnage :D

now where do i send that cake glazed with strong laxatives... :D:D:D
    Paladin Master Race
  • wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited February 2015

Reschedule your Preview patchday/maintenance day for anything but friday night where a non-working build will result in a 2+ day outage of the shard. Given that you most certainly have to stick to a schedule with your release that's already 5(!!) days without any testing from your most avid beta testers - us. If that would be my schedule I'd be panicking already.

Also: COMMUNICATION. Like 1000fold of what we have now.
  • emmmamirabeauemmmamirabeau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited February 2015
    Everyone just stop whining and be patient when they can get it back up they will and testing will likely be extended before release.
  • fenrir4lifefenrir4life Member Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Please, please be open to releasing the next module later than planned. We are here to help you test it, and many in the community are eager to assist. We would rather have the module released late, but generally clean, than have an on-time release with a huge unfixed bug count.
  • elrick1984elrick1984 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    panderus wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

We are experiencing issues with the server and will need to keep it offline for at least the weekend. My plan is to have it back up and running with the Paladin and more on Monday.

Thank you all for your patience.

Hay when can we start testing the new Class? are we going to have to wait till tommrow to play it ?
  • texy1texy1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    From Facebook:
    "We're investigating an issue with the NeverwinterPreview server currently. It should be up sometime this week. Thank you for your patience."
  • reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Well until http://gatewaytest.playneverwinter.com/ shows the down for maintenance error its not even close to up.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    it happens. No worries. Hopefully they're using the time to implement more upcoming features. I'm expicially curious about new gear sets, professions, and further campaign progression.

I'd also love seeing a gear vendor giving away set free gear, a campaign vendor giving away free campaign completions, a money vendor giving away free AD, a trainer giving away free exp for toons and pets, and a profession vendor giving away free profession levels, gear, and assets.

The whole point of preview is TESTING after all. Give us the means to troubleshoot before preview goes live.
  • skyvalker64skyvalker64 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    it happens. No worries. Hopefully they're using the time to implement more upcoming features. I'm expicially curious about new gear sets, professions, and further campaign progression.

I'd also love seeing a gear vendor giving away set free gear, a campaign vendor giving away free campaign completions, a money vendor giving away free AD, a trainer giving away free exp for toons and pets, and a profession vendor giving away free profession levels, gear, and assets.

The whole point of preview is TESTING after all. Give us the means to troubleshoot before preview goes live.

This. I mean, a lot of people are not able to test half the things they can because of gear/AD/ other such restrictions.
This discussion has been closed.