test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gateway Login Problems (Resolved)

darpendragondarpendragon Member Posts: 34 Arc User
edited February 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
Greetings,

Ever since the latest patch, NW.35.20150122b.3, I have not been able to log into the Gateway via my mobile device. I get to the login screen, but when I click on the login button, nothing happens.

It was fine before the above mentioned patch.

I am currently using a Galaxy Note 2, with Android 4.4.2.

I can login from a computer browser just fine though.

Thanks for your time.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    First, if you're using a "gateway app" then please uninstall it and report it to me via Private Message please or via Support. Then go change your passwords and check your Account Guard approved locations.
    zebular wrote: »
    There are no official apps for the Gateway. Any that may exist are a breach of the Terms of Service and EULA, both in existence and use. Using them may compromise your account. Report such violations to Support or a Moderator instead.
    However, since you're using a smartphone, try the following:
    If you are using a trusted browser app to get to https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/ - look and see if there is an option to "Request Desktop Site" or something similar and see if that help. If it does not help, try clearing your cookies and cache for your phone's browser.

Which browser app are you using? There are a number and Chrome's has always worked for me on any device.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I am just using the default browser on my phone, which is version 4.4.2-I317MVLUDNF1, and I am using https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/.
    There is no option for "Request Desktop Site" or anythink like that. I get the same site as the desktop version already.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    So I just looked it up and it looks like that is the most current android version for you currently. Just to confirm can you log in from a standard computers browser?
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Yes I can, just not on my phone, it started happening after the above mentioned patch.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited February 2015
    There should be a way to make it request a desktop site in the settings once you're on the page. Put the address in the address bar and press go. Then when it fails to load properly, tap settings and look for that option or perhaps "UA String to Desktop."

Did you try clearing its cookies and cache?

I'd try another browser through if clearing your cookies/cache doesn't work, like Chrome just to see if it is the phone's default browser.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    As I mentioned already, I already get the desktop site, so there is no option to goto the desktop site as I am already there.

However I just did a cookies and cache clear and now it seems to work find.

Thanks for your time.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    As I mentioned already, I already get the desktop site, so there is no option to goto the desktop site as I am already there.

However I just did a cookies and cache clear and now it seems to work find.

Thanks for your time.
    Awesome to hear! Most welcome. :)

Closing this up now. Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.