test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

locking threads

silverreign24silverreign24 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
so i played neverwinter at launch and hit 60 then stopped. yesterday i started up again with the wife. i never came to the forums in the past but today i did to check on if there was an update about the maintenance goin over the time they said. as im lookin at different threads i noticed that everytime a dev replies in a thread it gets closed. is this normal? seems like they dont like people talkin about certain things very much. hell, this will probably get closed too:)

Comments

• nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    yep,your gonna get closed.
  • justkickinitjustkickinit Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The Maintenance notification did mention the possibility of going over the mentioned time frame if needed.
    And I think they lock threads cuz people get a bit Cussy, and that because they don't budget their time well.
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'll let a mod give you a more thorough answer but basically there are terms of service for using this site. If a mod sees a big violation they will lock it. Also, old threads get locked sometimes because they are informational at this point with no need to add comments. You'll see that a lot with things like old patch release notes and such.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • silverreign24silverreign24 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i get locking old threads, but ive seen 2 locked today that started yesterday and today. thats why i was wondering
  • samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 8m8 minutes ago
    Update 3 9:15 AM - Just running a few final checks, maintenance could be extended for at least another 30 mins. We'll keep you posted. https://twitter.com/NeverwinterGame/status/558312258367803392

Since all the maintenance threads are closed. lmao. They've been updating on twitter the whole time, forgot forums
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Please read the Rules of Conduct folks. Discussing Moderation isn't allowed on the forums and neither is discussing the Rules. Instead, contact a Moderator via Private Message to discuss such.

As for why some informational dev threads are locked upon posting (like maintenance threads) is because they're there as information, not as discussions.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.