test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

With the upcoming release of the Paladin, will you continue upgrading your GF?

damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
edited January 2015 in The Militia Barracks
Considering the recent update concerning Mod6 where the Oathbound Paladin will be released as a 'tanking' class, will you be spending time and resources to continue upgrading your GF or will you be considering focussing on something different?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I will make 2 paladins but my GFs and my DCs will remain my mains.
  • Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I will create a paladin and upgrade like all my other characters. I will continue to enjoy my GF's completely.

(None of these options match. I want to choose something different.)
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Main is misleading. My HR is and will remain my main toon. But my GF is second. And at this point the GF sees more play because my HR has almost everything you can get on this mod (holding off on artifact cloak until we see what L70 gear is like). Honestly I cannot invest millions of AD into making a different toon my #1 or #2 as a semi-casual F2P player. And likely would not want to. I still played my GF a lot in earlier mods when they were even worse and doubt that the Paladin will make me stop. I'll probably make a Paladin if for no other reason than to get an understanding of how the class works but it will never replace my GF. If anything my GF (having mithral impliments and full ranked platesmithing) will make a lot of AD off of the new class.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Actually, a dev stated that they will either be Tanks or Healers, depending on the chosen paragon path the player chooses. How "tanky" or "healy" in terms of comparability with the GF and DC, we as players do not have enough information to make such speculations yet.
    Chris Meyer ‏@CrypticGMC Jan 20
    Cats out of the bag. Been working on paladin and level cap increase. TL; DR pally be healers or tanks, depending on paragon path. 1/2

Chris Meyer ‏@CrypticGMC Jan 20
    more details to follow in coming weeks! Keep your eyes peeled in preview! 2/2
    I have to close this though as the poll options violate rule 3.02 and are unintentionally misleading, both in options and the original post text.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.