test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can you really only claim one war dog?

speedstersonicspeedstersonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm a little miffed i can't get the war dog on all my characters...
Post edited by speedstersonic on

Comments

• theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    just be glad you didnt open your war dog on a tank class like I almost did... they serioulsly need less -threat companions and some + threat ones because as far as i know there is only one which is the dread warrior
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Would of been nice if it was BoA. I used it on my main at that time. Now I don't play that toon any more.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    I'm a little miffed i can't get the war dog on all my characters...
    As the tool-tip says, it contains only 1 War Dog Carrier, and that the War Dog inside is Bound to Character, as the tool-tip of the Carrier states would happen when opened. The First Time Buyer's pack itself is Bound. The Carrier itself is Bound to Account. Since you can only get one First Time Buyer's pack, this should be easily discernable.
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i accept as is, and offer no complaint... but how amazing it would be if the companion were sharable on an account... There being only one but it likes all the chars on the account and can be passed around like the bag of holding.

that would make this pack so much more desirable, and I am sure would bring a big smile to the face of the people who have already got it, as well.

Now Playing: Robert Plant - Album: Fate of Nations - Track: Promised Land
  • hughwoatmeighhughwoatmeigh Banned Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bad companion anyway

who needs less threat when everything burns in a couple seconds in pve anyway?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    sprawlfx wrote: »
    i accept as is, and offer no complaint... but how amazing it would be if the companion were sharable on an account... There being only one but it likes all the chars on the account and can be passed around like the back of holding.

that would make this pack so much more desirable, and I am sure would bring a big smile to the face of the people who have already got it, as well.

Yeah, it would be nice if they flip a toggle and turn them all into Account Wide re-claimables in the Claims Agent.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i accept as is, and offer no complaint... but how amazing it would be if the companion were sharable on an account... There being only one but it likes all the chars on the account and can be passed around like the bag of holding.

They have added account-wide companions as part of various promotions, or along with certain packs, (like the Hunter Ranger or Scourge Warlock packs). Some sort of helper would be a great compliment to the upcoming Paladin - we already have a ghost paladin companion, so maybe a ghost squire or somesuch?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well that is entirely different. I am pretty sure I have all of the account unlockables. This one is part of the pack and yeah, it would be great if they made it account wide, but clearly they don't want to. But they could still keep it relatively exclusive while increasing its desirability by making it account sharable. If the plan is to sell more packs by keeping the pet single claim, they need to make the pet more desirable.

Now Playing: The Durutti Column - Album: A Paean to Wilson - Track: III Quatro
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well that is entirely different. I am pretty sure I have all of the account unlockables. This one is part of the pack and yeah, it would be great if they made it account wide, but clearly they don't want to. But they could still keep it relatively exclusive while increasing its desirability by making it account sharable. If the plan is to sell more packs by keeping the pet single claim, they need to make the pet more desirable.

Now Playing: The Durutti Column - Album: A Paean to Wilson - Track: III Quatro

The easiest solution, IMO, would be to add a variant of the War Dog to the Zen store - just make it a different breed of dog or something.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    bad companion anyway

who needs less threat when everything burns in a couple seconds in pve anyway?

How many first time buyers have leveled toons with T2 gear, 3 leveled artifacts, and the boons? Some to be sure, but the target of this promotion is likely new players.

Most of the T2 dungeons were very challenging when first released, before all of the power escalation.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Since you can only get one First Time Buyer's pack, this should be easily discernable.[/COLOR]

True Zeb unless you had issues opening the darn thing like I did. It would only open on my GF which definitely does NOT need/want less threat. :(
    I aim to misbehave