test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Future - Neverwinter After Module 6.

blueknightblueknight Member Posts: 33 Arc User
Hi

So no surprises there that the next module was going to be based on Elemental Evil...

If you look around the web there is massive speculation in terms of what the next modules for the table top RPG Dungeons and Dragons is going to be released.

One of the best articles that I have read is this one.

http://www.nerdsonearth.com/2014/12/dungeons-dragons-5e-release-schedule-2018/

First thing you need to remember is that Cryptic states that all future modules of Neverwinter would tie into the tabletop releases of the books by wizards...

So looking in the crystal ball up to 2018.....

Not that it is 100% does through up a few interesting points...

First thing you need to remember is that Cryptic states that all future modules of Neverwinter would tie into the tabletop releases of the books by wizards...

Module 7 - Late 2015: “Alice in Wonderland” Inspired Storyline

Looks like module 7 will might feature something based on Drow Ranger Drizzt....

Module 8 Giants

Now there is some speculation that Greyhawk may be coming back to DND.

Now I know that neverwinter is set on the forgotten realms side, but if you think there is a precedence here.

The original MMORPG DND made by those other people, was set in Eberron. But they have released modules for the forgotten realms.

So you could find your character going through the looking glass into another world....

Module 9 Underdark

Well from this, looks like we will be exploring more of what lies beneath our feet. Going into the major Drow and Mind flayers lands

OK alot of this has been done already, but there is nothing that is stopping it from being expanded on.

Module 10 Ebberon

Again another interesting one. Taking your Forgotten realms character and placing them into Ebberon, and then doing the opposite. I can not see that if Ebberon does become a major tabletop release then that cryptic is just going to ignore it.....See above... And also look at the precedence set by DDO

Module 11 Dragon lance

Module 12 Ravenloft

Module 13 Feywild

So back to the forgotten realms and possibly an expansion of the feywild offering.

Ok so if you read the page, it has been stated it was 33% accurate.

But if the major releases of DND does take it to other worlds, then I hope that Neverwinter MMORPG will take us along for the ride...

If you find any other articles about the roadmap of DND then add them to here...

The future is according to this is looking pretty dark...

Cheers

Blue
Post edited by blueknight on

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2015
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I doubt we'll go into other settings here especially ebberon. Seems like especially that one would conflict with licensing rights even though personally it's my favorite setting.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    DDO was meant to be a game about Ebberon.

Ok I'm not meaning to break any rules....but look at this.

http://store.turbine.com/store/turbine/en_US/pd/ThemeID.29252200/productID.246618200/categoryID.58516100

Here you can get Content on DDO that is well in the forgotten realms.

Quite clearly if Cryptic and Wizards want Neverwinter to tackle Ebberon and other worlds then it will happen.

Plus with what they said about modules being tied into the future releases, I can see that it will happen...Bah trying to find that post
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Just note in that article, everything after the Giants module 8, is pure speculation. It even says, "It’s all baseless speculation." No need to get ruffled up by baseless speculation.

Also, blueknight, that was a module for DDO that followed the events of Lolth, who spans worlds. That's why DDO got a bit of the Realms.
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The X series of modules, Dungeonland (X1) and The Land Beyond the Magic Mirror (X2) were the Alice in Wonderland inspired modules in AD&D. They were fantastic, particularly with a good DM and a good group. I'd be very, very happy to see that in a CRPG. Hopefully it will work well in an MMO!
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Since we already have Eclavdra's Orb in the game, seeing the G series (against the giants) that connected to the D series (vault of the drow - one of the primary antagonists was Eclavdra) would be neat to see in the Realms also. Even better of it goes into the Queen of the Demonweb Pits, since Lolth did spin her realm off from the Abyss before Asmodeus ended the Blood War....
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Dragonlance has been my favourite realm (Forgotten Realms is decent too), I wish they can add more Dragonlance's storylines into Neverwinter cus it will be soooo awesome! Cameron, Tika, Raistlin, Huma & Gwyneth, can't wait to meet them all in this game!!!! :>
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Let's go with the H series (I believe)with the Bloodstone Lands, ending with a level 100 adventure into the Abyss to kill Orcus.
  • Options
    nonamedamnnonamedamn Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Imo, best solution would be to simply scale the current 60 gear to lvl 70 gear, with the new 70 stats - in this way, all ppl who worked and spent for their gear will lose nothing.
    This would be best solution - transmuting current 60 gear we have now, to the new lvl 70 gear, with the according stats and feats.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Just note in that article, everything after the Giants module 8, is pure speculation. It even says, "It’s all baseless speculation." No need to get ruffled up by baseless speculation.

Also, blueknight, that was a module for DDO that followed the events of Lolth, who spans worlds. That's why DDO got a bit of the Realms.

Ok I saw that bit regarding speculation......But well if those books do come to pass, then well I can't see why not Neverwinter wouldn't cover them.

Also well they also done another Forgotten realms based addon which was.

http://store.turbine.com/store/turbine/en_US/pd/ThemeID.29252200/productID.280984100/categoryID.58516100

But even if you say module 8 is something that will happen, neverwinter might still take us to the lands of Greyhawk....
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Bah still trying to find that news item where it states that neverwinter modules would be tied into the Wizards DND RPG book releases....Know I saw it somewhere....
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    nonamedamn wrote: »
    Imo, best solution would be to simply scale the current 60 gear to lvl 70 gear, with the new 70 stats - in this way, all ppl who worked and spent for their gear will lose nothing.
    This would be best solution - transmuting current 60 gear we have now, to the new lvl 70 gear, with the according stats and feats.

This isn't a topic about module 6 changes.....more about looking into a crystal ball to see how Wizards is going to develop DND and how Cryptic and Neverwinter will respond.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Also on the DDO side.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/05/22/a-tale-of-forgotten-realms-ddos-update-18-and-the-shadowfell-c/

Makes good reading in terms they saw it as a better arch since Forgotten Realms is more popular.

So ...neverwinter getting ebberon and others, not such a crazy idea..
  • Options
    colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Cryptic should do it like...

Bunkers & Badasses (prologue)

Bunkers & Badasses (Assault on Dragon keep intro.)

Now that would be interesting.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    blueknight wrote: »
    Also on the DDO side.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/05/22/a-tale-of-forgotten-realms-ddos-update-18-and-the-shadowfell-c/

Makes good reading in terms they saw it as a better arch since Forgotten Realms is more popular.

So ...neverwinter getting ebberon and others, not such a crazy idea..

Well we can hope then, though I hope to never see warforged SW's. With dreadtheft it would look to much like a scene from star wars.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    blueknight wrote: »
    Also well they also done another Forgotten realms based addon which was.

http://store.turbine.com/store/turbine/en_US/pd/ThemeID.29252200/productID.280984100/categoryID.58516100

But even if you say module 8 is something that will happen, neverwinter might still take us to the lands of Greyhawk....
    Yeah, the Shadowfell Conspiracy was also another world-crossing event, as the Shadowfell could be accessed from any plane of existence. If Netheril was successful, they'd have infiltrated Eberron through the Shadowfell.

With Eberron also having an easy path to Realmspace (MOTU), it seemed only right they'd continue their own Realms content and send heroes forth to help stop such a threat. Going directly to Eberron from the Realms though, from my understanding, is nearly impossible unless your astral tether is already connected to The Ebberon Crystal Sphere. One would need to use a network of portals through several planes or a horrendously long journey aboard a Spelljammer vessel.

We'd more likely see Eberron Stuff entering the Realms, since there's one "restricted" pathway now from Eberron to the Realms. But native Realms travel to Eberron seems highly unlikely.

I absolutely loathe the Eberron setting and truly hope we never see anything Eberron in Neverwinter.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

I absolutely loathe the Eberron setting and truly hope we never see anything Eberron in Neverwinter.

This is a little off-topic here, but I've heard a lot of people with that opinion. What is the specific you didn't like about it? It's a little steampunkish maybe but I found it a fun setting. Just has my curiosity on your opinion.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    This is a little off-topic here, but I've heard a lot of people with that opinion. What is the specific you didn't like about it? It's a little steampunkish maybe but I found it a fun setting. Just has my curiosity on your opinion.
    Mostly, it is the lore. Just too many holes and not enough "DM type info" to be able to relate to as a player and DM. It all felt rushed and thrown together as a mock version of the Realms with it's own, as you said, steampunk twist. I really don't care for any of the gods either, and any who know me know I am a huge fan of the Gods in the Realms. Then, how it was pushed out by WotC as though it was going to become the next base campaign setting, turned me off too. Thankfully that latter didn't come to pass and instead, the Forgotten Realms is the base campaign setting.
  • Options
    actausactaus Member Posts: 64
    edited January 2015
    So... Drows - Dragons - Giants... usual suspects.

What I really want to see in the future update would be: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Celestia.

- 7 heavens, mount celestia. Home plane of good alignment angels.

This has never brought up before, even tho, the lore in this place is amazing!. Angels are really powerful beings, they serve pure good, but at the same time, they could be evil (not intentionally). Some of them will do evil in order to achieve peace and it could be brutal. It would be so sweet if we could explore seven heavens and travel our way to the top: Chronias... a place where all the spirits gather, and whoever reached there has never returned... What could possibly be there?

I personally want to see something like this: Module "?" -. Divine Retribution .-
  • Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    Since we already have Eclavdra's Orb in the game, seeing the G series (against the giants) that connected to the D series (vault of the drow - one of the primary antagonists was Eclavdra) would be neat to see in the Realms also.

That's actually my current Foundry project. I'm about half done with G1. :)
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Something interesting to see will be how player's current storyline(s) of their character(s) interact with whatever comes out in the next module(s).

RP RP RP.

Chronomancy is in play already (thank you very much Eleminster) so the idea that some timelines already known may end up having a wibbly wobbly adjustment to mesh in together without creating havoc on the mutiplanar universe anymore than some darn Far Realmer already has, or Mask, or Tiamat, or... yeah. Toss in some contact with Thayans partying in Sigil, one silver half dragon already staring at Lord Nasher wondering what's up with that, the Steady established Faerûn and Krynn plane edge merger, and you are where we are.

You are here
    > *
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Something interesting to see will be how player's current storyline(s) of their character(s) interact with whatever comes out in the next module(s).

RP RP RP.

Chronomancy is in play already (thank you very much Eleminster) so the idea that some timelines already known may end up having a wibbly wobbly adjustment to mesh in together without creating havoc on the mutiplanar universe anymore than some darn Far Realmer already has, or Mask, or Tiamat, or... yeah. Toss in some contact with Thayans partying in Sigil, one silver half dragon already staring at Lord Nasher wondering what's up with that, the Steady established Faerûn and Krynn plane edge merger, and you are where we are.

You are here
    > *

So what you are saying is "People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a nonlinear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... stuff."
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Update

So the next module is underdark.....

Ok it is out of sync,

But it was on the list.........So called it before it was announced.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The next module is not underdark. Read the news feed again. Underdark is slated for mod 8, at the end of the year. The next module is going to be called Strongholds.
  • Options
    harlokjaiharlokjai Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sorry this is off topic. But i'm new and I've having trouble posting to this forum. I have a level 19 character but it says I can't post new threads?

I just want to ask questions, but I can't post threads?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    harlokjai wrote: »
    sorry this is off topic. But i'm new and I've having trouble posting to this forum. I have a level 19 character but it says I can't post new threads?

I just want to ask questions, but I can't post threads?

Generally, forum restrictions are lifted automatically after one week following an account's first visit to our forum.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Game play experience will be just same as the title of the module name underdark
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    next one it seem for "Strongholds", but no one knows if it is intended for PvP like Guild Wars series, or more like Eq2's guild halls, but i do know it might be similar to Cryptic's STO "Starbase" format with tiers and crafters. it was successfully designed.

i am bit excited for Mod 8, but really concern about having our current item score will become obsolute or facing another "downgradings".

dont forget, we saw a "NPC" questgiver in Well of Dragons, a vampire, it is possible for mod 9 or mod 10, or later mods for elite vampires story arc. that is a good teaser of what to come soon.
    and newer races we saw in Spinward Spire, the bird race, more legends to be told, more bird faction wars.

also, dont forget, we might have "Baalspawns" or maybe not.

who knows if there might be "shattered pieces" of relics, Greyhawk and Realm did share similar myths on Venca's Eye and Hand might have been spirit out of Greyhawk and hid in Realms so the evil fanatics cant collect shattered pieces in several worlds that we dont know exist.
    Relics are extremely dangerous, not meant for playing characters.

Spelljammers can be a real tease, it could be possible if they using STO's engine for space travels, but that could be very limited or elite mod, since we only got limited resources for spelljammers, what we do? space battle? there is a big "space city" on space whales/stingray as a port of call, "Arcadia"?
    anyway, i dont think we do "world to world" travel this way. it more base of operation from Arcadia to locate hostile ships, scan the regions, or salvaging war.

maybe add "Torment" with a city of doors (planar gate).

that all i can think of any possible mod scenarios.
  • Options
    harlokjaiharlokjai Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Generally, forum restrictions are lifted automatically after one week following an account's first visit to our forum.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]

Actually finding this forum quite hard to navigate around, hard to find my own post!

Anyway, believe it's over a week since I've joined this forum, but I still can't post new threads. Why this restriction be in place? I'd have thought new people are the ones that needs to ask questions..........

Thanks