What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Combat build still alive!

2»

Comments

• twoheadedpuigtwoheadedpuig Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    auntjimima wrote: »
    depends on your spec, and crit chance. my spec will have more hp and inc heals so and just above 25% crit. so i use gpf and stack the rest in power. roll a lower dex, higher wisdom (or use wisdom belt)... you probably want vorp.

Also with gpf, my careful attack at will actually does something. Im not just benefiting off crits and when i root

Thanks for your thoughts. My sheet crit stands at 34% with one azure and two brutals slotted if I go CON/WIS wearing profound combatant + Seldarine set. (I agree with the OP that the extra heals are nice, similar to what made Mod3 HRs so strong.) Plus, serpent's bite will add a couple extra percent to crit during battle.

Examining Trapper's ability to spam encounters, it seems like a decent opening to go vorp. My concern is with tenacity eating a portion of vorpal's burst, would wearing down the opponent with GPF/CA still result in faster kills?
  • auntjimimaauntjimima Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I am not sure, I haven't tested with vorp. but I think its a bit over rated. and considering the mechanics of HRs playstyle... they seem to be more centered on quick and many hits (aside from some radical builds)... so imo a dot with careful attack will definately take advantage of this seemingly exclusive hr playstyle.

What is your @handle twoheadedpuig?
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You just dont use at willa at all as trapper. You dont have time
    edited January 2015
    I use some at wills. I tested how much of swiftness of fox i needed for NEARLY always up encounters. so i have some down time and I dont have wasted points in that feat.
  • hughwoatmeighhughwoatmeigh Banned Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    charmagma wrote: »
    Okay. I have a 45 to 1 kill to death ratio. Nothing kills me easily. Maybe it kills YOU easily. Seems to be a massive skill disparity here.

nothing kills you easily?

whats your in-game name and handle? meet me in icewind dale and I'll 1-rotation you and record it on video to these forums can see youre a clown and are full of sh*t.

deal?
  • twoheadedpuigtwoheadedpuig Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    You just dont use at willa at all as trapper. You dont have time

Would you mind sharing what weapon enchant you use?
    auntjimima wrote: »
    I use some at wills. I tested how much of swiftness of fox i needed for NEARLY always up encounters. so i have some down time and I dont have wasted points in that feat.

One of the two main stat deficiencies on combatant is recovery. Being able to punt an offensive stat while gaining all its benefits from a single feat strikes me as rather powerful. Would you mind sharing your test results?
    edited January 2015
    the heading of this post says combat tree... however, later i did switch to trapper with the same setup... I am using 3/5 feat points in switfness of fox feat in trapper tree, i have 13 base intell, and 805 recovery... i tried with only 2 points in there and it didnt work out so well... 3 worked quite well.

my feat tree is a little unique as i use slashers mark and moved some things around... its pretty fun actually :)