What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please make 2 pvp Qeues

heruwath1heruwath1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PvE Discussion
As the title suggests I d very much like to see
1 Queue for up to 3 players
1 Queue for 4-5 players

and if they Queue 4 players in one team make it happen that the fifth can be one of the AVERAGE GS of the team

If you DO NOT agree please post the reason why
Post edited by heruwath1 on

Comments

• group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Personally, I would prefer 3 options as I see the solo-queuer losing out with your proposal:

1) Team Ranked Domination (full teams only, 5 players)
    2) Solo Ranked Domination (solo queue only)
    3) Regular Unranked Domination (1-3 people can queue)

So there would be 2 leaderboards... 1 for team play, 1 for solo play... If you want to queue in with 2 OP buddies and then you use the 3rd queue (no leaderboard as its impossible to measure consistency). There are a TON of other changes I would make, but I don't want to hijack this thread xD.
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Why not make 2 games?
    edited January 2015
    djarkaan wrote: »
    Why not make 2 games?

How would you separate the 2? One game for solo queues and one for team-play? Just curious is all xD.
  • ibench200ibench200 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    they should also implement dueling for 1v1, so there is right click option to 1v1 ur opponent on a 1v1 map lol
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    no.
    there should be 5vs5 and solo. grouping should be disabled and matchmaking working on gear score
    edited January 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    no.
    there should be 5vs5 and solo. grouping should be disabled and matchmaking working on gear score

I'm ok with this suggestion as well. It does kind of leave out the people who like to pvp with a friend though. Not sure how to get around that.
  • heruwath1heruwath1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Please , dont troll or just post negative opinions without reasoning.
    Its just a suggestion that does not imply to fix elo overall cause that might be very difficult
    And its very easy to be applied.
    So:
    Unless you actually enjoy seeing only "whining threads" and "plz nerf that class threads"
    Place your opinion, how hard can that be?

PS: I ve heard many suggestions that are better than mine, thats tru , but i think that this from a developers point of view is far easier to apply

Thank you for your time
    edited January 2015
    ibench200 wrote: »
    they should also implement dueling for 1v1, so there is right click option to 1v1 ur opponent on a 1v1 map lol

hmmm... not sure why you are laughing... Tera managed to do exactly what you just proposed... the duel happens where you are though though not on a different map.
    edited January 2015
    group5e wrote: »
    I'm ok with this suggestion as well. It does kind of leave out the people who like to pvp with a friend though. Not sure how to get around that.
    they maybe will not play togheter but its an easy fix that will have instantly effect on pvp quality.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    More ques - longer wait for PvP when it's not official PvP event time. Who wants to wait longer?
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
    edited January 2015
    More ques - longer wait for PvP when it's not official PvP event time. Who wants to wait longer?

thats why i propose a true soloQ and a premade 5vs5 queue, that would not impact queue time maybe it will speed them up because the "matchmaking" will not try to find a party to send vs 4 men premade.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There should be a queue for 1, 2 and 3 man groups and separate queue for 5 man groups. There should be no 4 man premades in this system.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • iguresaniguresan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The problem is, Matchmaking dont work.. and when it work and someone decline, the system bug and put a random pug with 6k GS on your team or on the oposite team..

Matchmaking should be ELO+GS and AWAYS WORK, if there's no party to challange yours so u will wait on the queue.. and not just put a randomic group against you.
  • hersheysbonerhersheysboner Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    the population in this game is just too low to have a proper matchmaking.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    People have already mentioned but this is exactly true:

Que 1) Solo -Rank Q. Has its own leaderboards
    Que 2) Premade - RankQ. Has its own leaderboards. NO matchmaking (ANY 5 versus ANY 5)
    Que 3) Unranked FFA Q. NO leaderboards, NO matchmaking. (The old PVP system).

This is the best solution IMO....

Youd get alot of ppl playing 1 and 3 with occasional people doing #2. The fact that its all seperate leaderboards will drive those types of play more.
  • costasccostasc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    or maybe create a visible queue screen that the leader will see all the pvp groups waiting on that queue and all leaders can send pvp_invite to the team wants to play with ... pm vs pm , guild vs guild ,1vs1 somehow with the option before joining the queue to enter a nickname for the team
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    People have already mentioned but this is exactly true:

Que 1) Solo -Rank Q. Has its own leaderboards
    Que 2) Premade - RankQ. Has its own leaderboards. NO matchmaking (ANY 5 versus ANY 5)
    Que 3) Unranked FFA Q. NO leaderboards, NO matchmaking. (The old PVP system).

This is the best solution IMO....

Youd get alot of ppl playing 1 and 3 with occasional people doing #2. The fact that its all seperate leaderboards will drive those types of play more.

Basically this.

1) Solo, Very strict ELO, leaderboard, normal glory gain, counts towards dailies, leaver penalty
    2) Full team, No ELO, leaderboard, no glory gain, does not count towards dailies, leaver penalty
    3) Any team, no or very casual ELO, no leaderboard, decreased glory gain, counts towards dailies, no leaver penalty

That would likely result in long queue times for 1) and 2), but that's the state of competitive PVP around here and you would have to face it. It's still better than what we have now: No competitive PVP at all.
  • etnad321etnad321 Banned Users Posts: 52
    edited January 2015
    i would do something like that:
    solo q mixed with another solo q.
    2-3man group mixed with each other.
    do not allow 4 man group to q for pvp.
    5 man group matched against another 5 man group.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    you could just do 4+1 of higher rank v5

the problem is the pvp is so worn out and fd up that there arent enough ppl playing pvp
    Paladin Master Race
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    i would like to see it look at gs and set one for 10-15k and one for 15k +
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Just one note on this:

With current system you get in fast, then 9 out of 10 times your either camp your spawn cause enemy team is too strong, or wait doing nothing cause your team is too strong and the enemies either left or wait in spawn.

So how is this better, wasting tons of time cause matches are unbalanced 9 times out of 10, trapped inside an arena cause if you leave you get penalty?

At least with longer but better queues you can do some solo content/ pve he or whatever, while waiting. Instead of waiting 10+ mins minimum cause most matches are unbalanced...

Rayrdan suggestion is imo spot-on
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm all for separate queues, but realistically why can't there be GS queues? I suppose there might be ways to sandbag but maybe fix that by locking out gear switching once you enter pvp so if you strip down to nothing then you fight naked.

Also another question ... why is it so hard to auto balance? If 4 - 7 people queue and have say 17kgs or higher (even if a premade) then auto balance checks and sees that one team is too high and so selects players to split so that each team has an even number of high GS players in it.

I queued the other day and out of 10 matches 9 were me being paried with 7k GS who didn't even wear blue armor and worse still teh green armor wasn't even level 60.

Here is a thought, if you don't have level 60 gear at level 60 then you don't queue for PVP.

I don't really see that a premade queue is going to help because my theory is that the premade v premade won't work or at least not well.

1) premades will probably get sick of grudge matching and will want to roll stomp people and so will queue up to do that in non premade queues.

2) with only a handful of dedicated premade pvp players i suspect there will be groups waiting to queue a long time as the grudge matches won't end quickly and there are bound to be premades queued that can't get in until a match is finished and so impatience will cause them to queue into the normal and give them fast easy wins.

3) egoist pvp players like to show off dominance and will queue to kills scrubs cause that's what they do.
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Four ques:

solo unranked

solo ranked

team unranked

team ranked

Two separate leaderboards: solo and team. Ranked team matches would actually be named teams and would be on the leaderboard as a team, not as the individual players. The founder of the team would be the person who has lead when the team is registered (same way as with guilds). Naming would follow rules: cannot name your team the same name as any existing guild unless you are a leader of that guild. Guild teams would have to be named in order from best to worst, "(guild name)Alpha" on down to "(guild name) Omega". A player belonging to a guild could be on both his guilds team and another team of mixed guild players.

Team unranked would allow for quick "pick-up premades", the type of premade that happens when you have a good pug party from one match and want to continue it to the next. It could also be used as a way to try-out prospective team or guild members.

Unranked matches would provide 1/2 the normal glory reward and ranked matches would provide the full normal glory award.
  • darkballaddarkballad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No. PvP is fine. You're either good or you're not. If you can't succeed, perhaps you should learn to free your ambitious mind and learn to fail gracefully. There is a good chance that you will fail after any other changes as well.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I feel we need 3 implementations of PvP:

1. A level 60 mode which just randomly mashes 10 people together into 2 teams.

2. A GS-tiered system, (must NOT allow gear switching once the queue pops for a player, nor once you're in the instance).

3. A premade system, where you MUST be in a full team of 5.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • grumblesmorfgrumblesmorf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'd take it a few steps further than what you suggested myself, but yeah, at least 2 queues to combat the balance issues created by high-gs premade parties queueing up.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    darkballad wrote: »
    No. PvP is fine. You're either good or you're not. If you can't succeed, perhaps you should learn to free your ambitious mind and learn to fail gracefully. There is a good chance that you will fail after any other changes as well.

Ok, you are totally not getting what the change would do, because ideally the level of competition goes up.

You sound like someone playing an OP class and spitting out "l2p" all day.
  • darkballaddarkballad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    loboguild wrote: »
    Ok, you are totally not getting what the change would do, because ideally the level of competition goes up.

You sound like someone playing an OP class and spitting out "l2p" all day.

I play all classes. I'm fully geared on them. Yay for me, so what. I think the problem is with folks thinking they're going to win in this 5v5 PvP without a fully prepared group. No matter how smart or skilled you think you are, you are not going to win alone. You're also not better than those top level PvPers even in a fair match, I promise. Creating different queues so you can be guaranteed more lesser opponents won't solve your lack of preparedness problem, but will only feed a false ego. You don't want to be beat on by the top level, but want to beat on those that are lesser by creating solo-teamed low gear score brackets.

Guess what? You're not entitled to win. Maybe it should be a privilege for everyone. We can all be winners, just like at the winter festival race where everyone stands on the winners podium.

No, randomize the queues, break them up by 1k gs increments, put all the limits you want. A winner will adapt and do anything they can to win. Consider that for "level of competition".
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Right. Let put it like this. Unless you are a spoiled brat or a pug stomper, separate queues for premades and solo PvP and rough GS brackets to allow players to face equally geared opponents and not players with 8k more GS then them, is a good thing.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Disagree.

It should be 5 people and complete pug for a system not some half version. Second it's too late to fix this.