What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.35.20150101g.7

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited January 2015 in Patch Notes (PC)
Patch Notes for 1/15/15

Content and Environment
• Temple of Tiamat: The respawn location is now at the campfire instead of the door.

Items and Economy
• Ghost Paladin companion is now classified as a Defender. No other changes were made.
• Hearts of the Dragon may now be used to refine artifacts (except the Heart of the Red Dragon).
• Imperial Dragon Cloak is now bound when purchased with Linu's Favor from the Tyranny of Dragons Campaign store.

User Interface
• The Guild Mail tab is now functional again as well as restoring the 'Guild Mail' permission in Guild Settings.

Performance and Stability
• Graphics memory texture has received and update and will now start to throttle the size of requested textures after texture memory reaches a certain size based on your system. This will decrease the visual fidelity of textures when in high load areas and increase overall performance and smoothness. In addition, it should reduce the amount of client crashes that can occur due to out of memory issues.
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    dwightmc wrote: »
    User Interface
    • The Guild Mail tab is now functional again as well as restoring the 'Guild Mail' permission in Guild Settings.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This has got me most excited!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    • the guild mail tab is now functional again as well as restoring the 'guild mail' permission in guild settings.
    huzzah!!!
    • graphics memory texture has received and update and will now start to throttle the size of requested textures after texture memory reaches a certain size based on your system. This will decrease the visual fidelity of textures when in high load areas and increase overall performance and smoothness. In addition, it should reduce the amount of client crashes that can occur due to out of memory issues.
    huzzah!!!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    cernnycernny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    • Graphics memory texture has received and update and will now start to throttle the size of requested textures after texture memory reaches a certain size based on your system. This will decrease the visual fidelity of textures when in high load areas and increase overall performance and smoothness. In addition, it should reduce the amount of client crashes that can occur due to out of memory issues.

Oh, oh, oh. My friend's going to be REALLY happy about this. He normally lags like hell and crashes in cities and crowded areas. I hope this will give him a better Neverwinter experience.
  • Options
    olegius88olegius88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hey,
    I want to report one buff on DC... Its named "Break the Spirit". In the description on the right side in lvl 2 and 3 it says "(null) +10%".. I play this game in German... May be it doesn't work like it should because of wrong address.
    Tyvm for attention =)
    Mainclass: DC
    Mainchar: Mr. Shu
    :cool:
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Great to hear about guildmail and the textures optimization.
    Let's hope all goes well.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    no battlefield medic usable in SCA?
    people can still get tiamat's orb in teir 0 and Draconic templar gear? Whats the point in upping reclamation besides buffs if all the gear drops
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    While we're waiting, here is a vid I ran across that reminds me of just how good we have it today!

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/233814-tower-of-doom-arcade/

Honestly I can't believe how cheesy it was. Treasure of Tarmin for the Inty was far better IMHO.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thank you for fixing the guild mail button! I been crying about it for months! FINALLY!
  • Options
    bakaslambakaslam Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2015

THANK YOU! I hope in future maintenances there will be more room for performance and compatibility improvments!
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Awesome. Let's hope that helps. Can we consider this an automated version of /reduce_mip or will that still work alongside this change?

What does /reduce_mip do?
    » Hogs of War «

~ Adam | Trickster Rogue | Master Infiltrator Saboteur
    ~ Essence | Hunter Ranger | Pathfinder Trapper
    ~ Veyl | Scourge Warlock | Soulbinder Fury
    ~ Abel | Trickster Rogue | Master Infiltrator Executioner

Waiting for DRUID and MONK!
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Awesome. Let's hope that helps. Can we consider this an automated version of /reduce_mip or will that still work alongside this change?

You can, apparently, consider this an attempt at an intelligent, automatic approach to doing that. Fingers crossed.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?825481-Rise-of-Tiamat-Preview-Patch-Notes-NW-35-20150101g-6/page2&p=9880401&viewfull=1#post9880401
  • Options
    vcekvcek Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    • Imperial Dragon Cloak is now bound when purchased with Linu's Favor from the Tyranny of Dragons Campaign store.
    What it wasnt ???? how did i miss this ??
  • Options
    hundetrenerenhundetreneren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 35
    edited January 2015
    Guild mail.. oh jeez finally!
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    bakaslam wrote: »
    What does /reduce_mip do?

Reduces the resolution of textures to only use the reduced (mip-map) textures.

from here:

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Console_command
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    piranhossauropiranhossauro Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    elvalianon wrote: »
    Thank you for fixing the guild mail button! I been crying about it for months! FINALLY!

It's true! She has been crying like forever!! THANK YOU!!!
  • Options
    bakaslambakaslam Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    silence1x wrote: »
    Reduces the resolution of textures to only use the reduced (mip-map) textures.

from here:

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Console_command

Thank you! Very useful!
    » Hogs of War «

~ Adam | Trickster Rogue | Master Infiltrator Saboteur
    ~ Essence | Hunter Ranger | Pathfinder Trapper
    ~ Veyl | Scourge Warlock | Soulbinder Fury
    ~ Abel | Trickster Rogue | Master Infiltrator Executioner

Waiting for DRUID and MONK!
  • Options
    mosu24mosu24 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hey all how long time this patch?
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    mosu24 wrote: »
    Hey all how long time this patch?

As long as it takes :) That's what I have to tell people at work whenever they ask "How long will the Windows Updates take?". There's more to maintenance than meets the eye.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    hellwinklehellwinkle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    at least the patch is starting to download. good sign

EDIT: BOOM there it is, the long awaited for and expected 1 hour delay.

"We will be performing shard maintenance on January 15th from 6-10:00 AM Pacific (14:00-18:00 UTC). Please check the forums."
  • Options
    korpivaelluskorpivaellus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    why i'm not suprised>
    Update 4 8:55 AM PST - Looks like we will need more time for this maintenance. New estimated time is 10 AM PST.
  • Options
    hellwinklehellwinkle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    janzik wrote: »
    My efforts were a complete waste of HOURS of my time! I ended up with well over 200 new handles on my ignore list. Previously I had only a dozen on my list since the release of this game, which is to say - I am definitely NOT /ignore happy.

Hear Hear!!!

Dont forget to mention that they wsp lower level toons. I consider this a form of harassment.

I dont even go to PE anymore if I can help it. mailboxes, DD and dailys are really the only reason to go there, but I can get my mail in IWD tyvm.

This could be stemmed by ADDING MORE MAILBOXES!!!
    I have noticed over that past week that spam in Protector's Enclave has reached EPIC proportion!

try LEGENDARY
  • Options
    radfrogradfrog Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    oh look... another hour

the 1 day I get off this week ._. oh well, take the time you need.
  • Options
    baerathbaerath Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hey there, thanks for the info. Allways nice to know what was changed :)

I'm new to the game so please excuse the question but ;)

600+mb does seem a bit harsh though for a patch...is this the usual size of patches or a sepcial case due to the event? Is there no way to "patch as needed" or "background patch" as you play.

Regards
  • Options
    souldrinkahsouldrinkah Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Stability and performance are main issues for this game, it's fun to play and all but it's way too resource consuming. When I increase some of my cpu-heavy video options from low/off to medium, the game literally eats my cpu and usage skyrockets sometimes to above 80%. I'm not saying that I got some really good processor but I think for Athlon II 455 tripple-core 3.3GHz this game is consuming way too much resources compared to graphics it offers. This is not critic, but suggestion for devs to pay close attention to this issue because not everyone has i7 processor and 500 dollar gfx card.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Simple solution to Spamming in PE...make a new town with all the same amenities that PE has (bank, guild bank, quest givers, salvager, dailies etc). Perhaps with level requirements to get there.

The game is incredibly straight forward at low levels, so if you have say level 30 and under restricted to PE, there should still be enough people there to help out newbies. Once you go beyond level 30, perhaps Knox sends you to his brother, Major Knox, to continue questing from a new central city hub. At 60, perhaps you go to another new hub with Commander Knox!

Spammers are not going to waste the time it takes to level to 30. Yes, they could do it just praying and leadership, but it would take a LOT longer to get to 30 than it does to get to 15. Ability to hash out characters over and over would be significantly limited.

Just another idea to throw on the pile.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    radfrog wrote: »
    oh look... another hour

the 1 day I get off this week ._. oh well, take the time you need.

This essentially happens every Thursday...I can't see why anyone is surprised at this point.
  • Options
    bjanubjanu Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    I must say... I'm excited about all of the items dealt with in todays patch. The spawn point in Tiamat's, I would like to say I am not familiar with the former location but, lol, we've all been there. Ghost paladin, ok cool. Heart of Dragon artifacts, imperial Dragon Cloak, Guild interface... Those are BIG! Performance and Stability pertaining to graphics, Especially if it pertains to Tiamat's Temple...
    H U G E !!! Thank you so much! We sooo needed THAT!

I don't want to seem disappointed are unappreciative because I am very glad to see development using it's resources wisely and efficiently. PROPS! I would simply like to request that the team seriously consider finding a way to deal with the Gold/AD spammers in /zone, /trade, and /LFG chat.

I have noticed over that past week that spam in Protector's Enclave has reached EPIC proportion! It has bcome SO disruptive, that I am finding it nearly impossible to scroll through chat and locate actual players, to find groups, or set up dungeon parties. For 48 hours, I clicked names of spammers and used the "Report Spam" option, which basically adds that @handle to the ignore list, in an attempt to clear up my /zone, /trade, and /LFGt chat while in town. My efforts were a complete waste of HOURS of my time! I ended up with well over 200 new handles on my ignore list. Previously I had only a dozen on my list since the release of this game, which is to say - I am definitely NOT /ignore happy.

After watching chat for several hours, and paying close attention to ALL of the chat channels, I arrived at a theory... I believe that there are, at least, 4 individuals using /zone, /trade, and /LFG channels to spam advertisements for websites that sell various items found, or currencies used, in game.
    These individuals are using 3rd party software that apparently creates a new game account, with a new @handle, a new game character, Then logs in, cuts and pastes the advertisement into the fore-mentioned channels, logs out and then starts the process over again. New account, new character, advertisement, etc...
    These individuals are able to run this process, once every minute of the day, INFINITELY! Which means that using /ignore is absolutely useless. (I tried to explain this to a GM, who in-turn replied by telling me to use the /ignore feature)

This will, more than likely, be a tough fix! However, adding an innate spam filter might be a nice solution. Hypothetically, the filter would simply send chat text that included certain predefined strings into oblivion. This would require a moderator, several times daily, to extract(copy/paste) specific strings of text from unwanted advertisement spam and add it to the filter.

So basically the spammer sets up his program and goes AFK. The Moderator adds the advertisement to the filter. Then every time the spammers program tries to advertise in chat, it just goes nowhere!

Want to make it easier on the Moderator? Set the in-game "report spam" function so that it flags chat, Set the server so that when the same text string gets flagged 10 times or more by different users, a report is sent to the moderator so that it can be investigated... when the moderator sees... /zone Johnny User: W W W. S_I_T_E_M_. C_O_M_ >> 1 million AD = $9 USD.
    The Moderator can add it to the filter... Then everyone in Protectors Enclave doesn't have to look at that Ad. ALL DAY LONG!

I can totally understand that perfect world may not want to be responsible for hiring someone to fill the position of Spam Moderator.

Thats ok, just add the filter interface to chat option on the client side, and we can add those strings ourselves!

Thank you for your time and consideration. We truly appreciate the work that you do. It keeps the game fun and worth coming back to for years!

LONG LIVE NEVERWINTER!
    ~Janzik69

ps. There are MANY more details which I purposely left out. I would be more than happy to discuss this with anyone in Development.

Nice idea however counter measurements are really easy for botters:
    Add a random string generator - every message a bit different therefore the filter would not detect it. therefore moderator woulnt be able to keep up with them as you didn't with the ignoring.
    And filtering by parts of the string is a dangerous subject - botters will find new ways to express themselves - 1337 and uncommon chars in advertising strings, Caps - no caps sequences, obviously meaningless numbers interrupted in strings, different spacing, sequences of messages - cant filter them all. And the filter can not be used on frequently used words therefore the moderators job would be kinda pointless unless some superior spam detecting software were introduced.
This discussion has been closed.