test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter castle to hard

2»

Comments

• pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I don't think Castle Never is "too hard".

For someone who is new to CN, however, it can be a challenge. There are many many many many mobs and the dungeon just seems to go on and on and on and on and on.

Honestly, I think that if you are new to CN, just take it step by step. Don't rush it and just focus on getting through to the end.
  • arqadiarqadi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I see,i am bad player you are all great players,spended so much money that you can solo tiamat and other stuff.I understand that you wanna something that you cant 1shooted.But the weapons set from that place can be then possible to get in easier dungeon ,cause gods like you dont need it and some new players do.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    arqadi wrote: »
    I see,i am bad player you are all great players,spended so much money that you can solo tiamat and other stuff.I understand that you wanna something that you cant 1shooted.But the weapons set from that place can be then possible to get in easier dungeon ,cause gods like you dont need it and some new players do.

You don't need them to get it. That's what people are telling you. Instead of complaining for the content to get nerfed, look at yourself, look at your group, and look at what the mobs were doing. Read some of the old guides to the fight. The last fight is one of the harder ones in the game. That doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    This thread amazes me. We used to beat these same bosses with far worse gear than what is easily available now, getting up 'alf hour before we went to bed, and we was 'appy. The OP needs to learn his class and skills, rather than raging.

This did used to be a pretty rough dungeon, back in beta. However, now? Not so much. I strongly suggest that the OP goes to the subforum for his class and looks for some guides on how to spec and gear himself, and then works on refining his technique a little.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Castle Never is not an easy dungeon, by any means. It remains a challenging dungeon, but experienced players have done it so many times that it is no longer challenging to them. For new players, CN is still tough. Ignore the players around here who have forgotten what it was like to be a new player. I will be happy to help you out with Castle Never or anything else, just look me up in game @pointsman.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    13.2K GS Solo CN: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOEUkPMAyMM

^ Dies a couple attempts but solos it.

But yes I agree CN isnt easy if you are new to the game. Players who have been here a long time can solo. Id also just recommend NOT farming the CN set, there are ALOT of better weapons.

VT for instance has a weapon set thats better.
    Black Ice weapons are better
    Profound PVP weapons are better.

Take your pick, alot of weapons are better than CN weapons.
  • joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    dam rookies of the new generation

Back my in my day there were no artifact weapons/gear.

And we completed it, get off my lawn.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There needs to be more dungeons like CN that has/had loot that was good that constantly dropped that you could sell and was challenging at the time. Now though? Just get an artifact weapon =/. They're cheap and you don't need it to be legendary to be effective. CN is no longer needed. Also stop finding excuses for failing. There's not much challenge left in the game. For a full team of low gsers it'd be hard, but you had 3 high ones while a vid showed just one person soloing. He did inflate his effectiveness with a stone and special pots, but it's still an achievement, and you have 5 players. CN was easier back in the day though when singularity was better and the adds could be pushed off. Anyway be glad that you don't have everything easy mode to you, because currently, soloing draco is pretty much the only challenge left in this game for a lot of us.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2015

did you ask your mom to nerf shoelaces too? they are so hard and challenging... you are bad simple as that, if CN is too hard then go run skirmishes and t2, or t1, or normal dungeons, train and come back when you are better, its not like you need the CN weapons, you get artifact ones from campaign, or is doing daily quests 2 hard as well ? or maybe gaming is too challenging and you should chose another way to pass your time

we did CN with 11~12k gs without artifacts and with tier2 weapons, stop crying
    Paladin Master Race
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    High gear score warlocks fail you say?

What about this 13k GS SW that soloed the boss?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOEUkPMAyMM
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    did you ask your mom to nerf shoelaces too? they are so hard and challenging... you are bad simple as that, if CN is too hard then go run skirmishes and t2, or t1, or normal dungeons, train and come back when you are better, its not like you need the CN weapons, you get artifact ones from campaign, or is doing daily quests 2 hard as well ?

You joke, but there have been QQ threads about the daily lairs being too hard. They apparently weren't elaborate jokes, either.
    edited January 2015
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    You joke, but there have been QQ threads about the daily lairs being too hard. They apparently weren't elaborate jokes, either.

rimehound used to get a lot of those for some reason.
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    rimehound used to get a lot of those for some reason.

S'not a daily, mind you :)

Also, it could be easily solved by telling people to use their heads and run up and down the corridor a bit, so the boss was murdered by the traps- anyone who could use WASD could manage that, once they got over themselves.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i really like that one - the only challenging quest during leveling(though i did it legit@solo)
    Paladin Master Race
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited January 2015

I haven't spend a cent and I find CN easy. Automatically assuming that people became good because they spent money is silly, all you need to do is put time and effort into learning the game and playing it, as well as listening to the advice of others and incorporating it into how you play, plus reading some well wrote articles from various class experts.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015

No idea what kind of player you are since as far as I know I've never grouped with you. CN is a long and challenging dungeon, as it should be. For a while it was THE endgame content, and that was when hitting the required gear score was considerably more challenging than it is now. If you're still having trouble, have you thought about grouping with friends and coordinating how you're going to do the more difficult fights?

The weapons set from CN is very easy to obtain by purchasing it from the auction house. Prices have dropped significantly to the point where it is reasonably attainable by someone who does dailies for a few days at most.

Not about spending money, but spending time. Take the time to go through it with friends and enjoy exploring it. There is more to it than just following along the trail. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Please don't ask to nerf CN. Always found it to be a fun and challenge(although add-centric) dungeon. It was, however, too easy if you simply stacked a bunch of CWs to do it.

Look at Lair of Lostmauth... when ToD came out, people were clamoring to try it, there are good jewelry in the chests, mobs were fewer but hit harder, and the dragon fight needed actual tactics of dodge and knowing which attack the dragon was going to dish out, to act appropriately. Then along came people crying that it was too hard... now, its been significantly nerfed down so bad that its just a simple "zerg, and watch red areas" fight, except the middle phase of the fight.
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This dungeon is meant to do done with 20K+ GS. Alot of "tricks" that made the dungeon doable have since been fixed. No more nostalgic zergs. So please spare us the details of how it was/can be done in the 'past'.
    edited January 2015
    free2pay wrote: »
    This dungeon is meant to do done with 20K+ GS. Alot of "tricks" that made the dungeon doable have since been fixed. No more nostalgic zergs. So please spare us the details of how it was/can be done in the 'past'.

The only 2 major changes are knockoffs (changed really early) and mod 4's change to sing. The rest of the tricks are actually exploits which people should have been perma-banned for using. As far as needing 20k+, if you need that much gs to run it, you are a bad player that relies on gear to make up for your handicaps.
  • free2payfree2pay Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    The only 2 major changes are knockoffs (changed really early) and mod 4's change to sing. The rest of the tricks are actually exploits which people should have been perma-banned for using. As far as needing 20k+, if you need that much gs to run it, you are a bad player that relies on gear to make up for your handicaps.

Alot more skills have since lost their effectiveness. And I consider using artifacts or mod 4+ gears as been outgearing the dungeon. So yes we are handicapped as compared to how the dungeon was "originally" ran.
    edited January 2015
    Of coarse castle never is too hard....I mean look what its like for my tr with 10.7k gs :p
    http://postimg.org/image/azlgfekr3/
    http://postimg.org/image/46kl62e71/
    I only need to dodge every single roar, for over 40 minutes...no pressure there, I am still at it atm and if I so happen to beat it I will post the screenshot of it. Also, there is no way you can say my toon doesn't need the gear from CN, look how under geared he is in comparison to the CN loot. He doesn't even have a t2 set on :p You can argue using the 3 artifacts is out gearing the dungeon if you like, but really, if I had better gear or enchants the slight stat bonuses provided by them would be made up. This is a full "mod 0" style solo essentially, as this character has no boons.
  • sanctionforpeacesanctionforpeace Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That dungeon shuld be possible to do for a players wchich dont have yet artifact weapons.I tryed it wit group of tank ,dc and trs =fail.Tryed with really high gs warlocks and wizards=fail.Maby you should do testings after you buffed something(i wanna see a video how cryptic team doin that dungeon).What about new players?They cant win dungeon,in pvp are hard times,really not enough fun to play:(

NC (Neverwinter/Never Castle) isn't too hard. It's just very long and you need a decent team to do it efficiently. I've done it a few times without any artifact gear other then my own artifact, yes the singular version of artifact. The best group for NC would ideally be: 1DC, 1GF, 1CW/HR, 1TR, 1GW. Yet, you can run it just fine without..
  • sanctionforpeacesanctionforpeace Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Of coarse castle never is too hard....I mean look what its like for my tr with 10.7k gs :p
    http://postimg.org/image/azlgfekr3/
    http://postimg.org/image/46kl62e71/
    I only need to dodge every single roar, for over 40 minutes...no pressure there, I am still at it atm and if I so happen to beat it I will post the screenshot of it. Also, there is no way you can say my toon doesn't need the gear from CN, look how under geared he is in comparison to the CN loot. He doesn't even have a t2 set on :p You can argue using the 3 artifacts is out gearing the dungeon if you like, but really, if I had better gear or enchants the slight stat bonuses provided by them would be made up. This is a full "mod 0" style solo essentially, as this character has no boons.

PvP gear doesn't translate to PvE.... If you need to dodge and roll out of every single thing you also need to respec. My TR has a GS of 10.6k and I'm 100% positive I'd out dps you by 1mill or more.
    edited January 2015
    PvP gear doesn't translate to PvE.... If you need to dodge and roll out of every single thing you also need to respec. My TR has a GS of 10.6k and I'm 100% positive I'd out dps you by 1mill or more.
    The point of that build wasn't to do do as much damage as possible, it was to solo the dracolich. I dare you to try doing it with 10k gs and a pve non stealth boosting gear set and record all your tries while you at it, as I don't believe you ever have otherwise you would have a better understanding of the fight. That set translates well for soloing the draco because of the extra 25% to your stealth meter, which is why I was using it as there is no way that without being stealthed for 90% of that battle with 10k gs that you will solo it. I don't need to roll out of every single thing, I need to dodge every dracolich roar, there is a distinct difference and if you had ever tried to solo dracolich with your build you would understand why. Added to that I very well do not need to respec my toon, it fulfills its role perfectly and what I was posting above was proof that CN does not need to be made easier, I was trying to be humerous about it in the process.

If you want to give it a try, pm me in game @thefabricant, I can arrange for a group to go fully afk for you so that you can try to do castle never from beginning to end entirely on your own.
    edited January 2015
    NC (Neverwinter/Never Castle) isn't too hard.

It's called "Castle Never". It has always been called "Castle Never". I'm not sure where you got "NC (Neverwinter/Never Castle)" from.
    edited January 2015
    NC (Neverwinter/Never Castle) isn't too hard. It's just very long and you need a decent team to do it efficiently. I've done it a few times without any artifact gear other then my own artifact, yes the singular version of artifact. The best group for NC would ideally be: 1DC, 1GF, 1CW/HR, 1TR, 1GW. Yet, you can run it just fine without..

No, I would argue the perfect group is 1 debuff cleric, 1 TR, 1 tank with kv and run slotted, 1 MoF CW and 1 SS ren CW. Both CW's should have steal time on tab. You can then run the dungeon in under 20 minutes, with a good group of that comp.
    edited January 2015
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    It's called "Castle Never". It has always been called "Castle Never". I'm not sure where you got "NC (Neverwinter/Never Castle)" from.

Probably from the thread title :p
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The content here is so easy, that ppl begin to complain, if they cant faceroll a dungeon without any practice.

I would LOVE to see at last ONE dungeon, where you need DC, GF, CC and dps with good gear to complete it.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    edited January 2015
    Probably from the thread title :p

..which is a WINNAR that gave me a pretty good idea what to expect from the first post :)
  • zibbioszibbios Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    PVE thats too hard.
    BWHAHAHA