test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter castle to hard

arqadiarqadi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PvE Discussion
That dungeon shuld be possible to do for a players wchich dont have yet artifact weapons.I tryed it wit group of tank ,dc and trs =fail.Tryed with really high gs warlocks and wizards=fail.Maby you should do testings after you buffed something(i wanna see a video how cryptic team doin that dungeon).What about new players?They cant win dungeon,in pvp are hard times,really not enough fun to play:(
Post edited by arqadi on

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    arqadi wrote: »
    That dungeon shuld be possible to do for a players wchich dont have yet artifact weapons.I tryed it wit group of tank ,dc and trs =fail.Tryed with really high gs warlocks and wizards=fail.Maby you should do testings after you buffed something(i wanna see a video how cryptic team doin that dungeon).What about new players?They cant win dungeon,in pvp are hard times,really not enough fun to play:(

Umm, that dungeon can be done without artifact equipment or artifacts of any type. While there have been changes and some tactics don't work well anymore, people have beaten that dungeon since beta, when all GS was much lower. It's probably the best made, best tuned dungeon in this game.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    warlock 13k GS soloing castel never

here you go

http://www.twitch.tv/de_mon_ik/c/5801109
  • arqadiarqadi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There is video in you tube with 1 warlock doin final boss solo(warlock 16.6k gs)What about my run,there was 4 warlocks and 1 wizard 3 of them more than 20k gs and we cant defeat drakolic.Its really funny that 9k gs can do that dungeon.
    edited January 2015
    You should try it now man,video on you tube is old
    edited January 2015
    There is video in you tube with 1 warlock doin final boss solo(warlock 16.6k gs)What about my run,there was 4 warlocks and 1 wizard 3 of them more than 20k gs and we cant not defeat drakolic.Its really funny that 9k gs can do that dungeon.

A few options, not trying to be rude, but these are the potential reasons.

Bad Build
    New to the Dungeon and haven't learned it yet
    Bad Player

It should take time for people to learn a dungeon before they can beat it. There should be lots of failure before success.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015

its not video from youtube, it's from twitch ( 13k gs warlock recorded 5 days ago )
    edited January 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    warlock 13k GS soloing castel never

here you go

http://www.twitch.tv/de_mon_ik/c/5801109

From the video page
    Video Description
    13.2k Gearscore. 6 pieces of gear. 1 artifact. Enjoy.
    Date Recorded
    Jan 3, 2015
    Done with a soulbinder SW so no, not really old at all.
  • imasunriseimasunrise Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2015

We have done this dungeon with 10k GS a lot of times since beta. Dont know what you and your Team is doing wrong.
    edited January 2015
    That warlock on video have 40k Hp and gold artifact weapon,so plz, its a not aplayer who need weapons from that dungeon.
    edited January 2015
    That warlock on video have 40k Hp and gold artifact weapon,so plz, its a not aplayer who need weapons from that dungeon.

I've done that dungeon many times before they existed. Go back, learn your class more, learn the fights more, and destroy it. Quit trying to win as a forum warrior.
  • grumblesmorfgrumblesmorf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Dracolich seemed easier to me after I did the Whispering Caverns dragon with only a few people. We kept pulling cultists and making it a lot harder, and that shadowy hand from the ground mechanic is similar only they always target you and there's a lot more of them. I think the most annoying part of Dracolich, like most fights in Neverwinter, is the adds. There's ones that hit you with this ranged fire attack that hurt quite a bit. For the dragon itself you can avoid a lot of the damage without too much trouble, but dodging those fireball things takes good timing and awareness when you're already watching out for shadow hands and wind gusts or whatever that big AoE thing dragons do is called.

Fun fight. Definitely gotta fail a lot before you succeed there. If you had a wizard their main focus probably should've been controlling those adds.
  • wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    this guy in the video is amazing at stamina maintenance. I would like to know how he keeps it so high even when sprinting quite a bit. When I did castle never, stamina was the only reason I had issues. i may have to look at those heroic feats again.

anyway, did they change castle never recently or something? I have done it a few times since the beginning of December, and it didn't really seem harder. One of the tougher bosses in the game, sure. But not impossible with a group that is decently geared (15-19k gs in the groups I was in) and knows what it's doing. It is one of the only dungeons that some groups I'm with fail at the final boss if the balance isn't great. I'm fine with that. There should be some challenge once in a while.
    edited January 2015
    wildwolf8 wrote: »
    this guy in the video is amazing at stamina maintenance. I would like to know how he keeps it so high even when sprinting quite a bit. When I did castle never, stamina was the only reason I had issues. i may have to look at those heroic feats again.

anyway, did they change castle never recently or something? I have done it a few times since the beginning of December, and it didn't really seem harder. One of the tougher bosses in the game, sure. But not impossible with a group that is decently geared (15-19k gs in the groups I was in) and knows what it's doing. It is one of the only dungeons that some groups I'm with fail at the final boss if the balance isn't great. I'm fine with that. There should be some challenge once in a while.

I didn't look at the video far to see if they showed the spec, but there is a tempt feat that gives stamina when you get hit.

As far as changes to CN, I don't think it has changed in a very long time other than bug fixes etc.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's not any hard to solo dracolich with soulbinder though. Borrowed time is just too good, soloed valindra with soulbinder pvp build I have currently -_-
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Whilst I personally have never done it on my tr, I am almost 100% certain a 10/11k permastealth tr could do it solo if they went full on tanky and had super low dps, it would take forever to do with a 10k gs tr but I believe it should be possible.
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    so I would say you or the player with you need to
    1 learn there class
    2 check your build
    3 check your gear

this is why there has been so manny bad feeling about gs in wod
  • hellsviperhellsviper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited January 2015

First of all. He only had the GEAR on. No other pieces. No rings. Waist, or anything other then the gear and 1 Legendary Artifact(makes up for not having ANY rings and all that.) So there is something your group is doing serisously wrong. I did CN when i was a 13k Warlock with 1 DC and 1 Tank. (Altho both of those were 22k+) So a group of 15k's (+/-) Should be able todo CN without problems IF you know (alittle) of what you're doing. But as @charononus said, Fail enough times and you will win once in a while ;) Keep doing CN until you make it! Learn from the mistakes you're group has done(if you know) And/or maybe run with a new group ^^ (Join a guild. Helps alot.)
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    charononus wrote: »
    A few options, not trying to be rude, but these are the potential reasons.

Bad Build
    New to the Dungeon and haven't learned it yet
    Bad Player

It should take time for people to learn a dungeon before they can beat it. There should be lots of failure before success.

He has a very good point. There is far far more going on than what initially meets the eye at playing these classes. Keep at it...read the advice offered by adepts that have discovered the mathematics behind builds and what and when to perform this and that and youll be a tad astonished at what you initially didnt see. Then the game truly begins.
  • grimelrokgrimelrok Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Castle Never is THE best dungeon in the game to date. I keep hoping to see another dungeon PER module that is of this quality, size and fun, and they keep disappointing me. I remember when people would drop group and I'd be the last one in and I had so much fun exploring and figuring out the secrets and finding all the hidden areas and chests etc. Such a fun instance.

PLEASE make more dungeons of this quality and size. Thank you. :)
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I hope no dev takes a post like this seriously. New gamers starting to make me cringe. I want more challenge and things I cant accomplish because it takes more skill and tactics.. not easier content. I want more compelling reasons to play besides I just need to level this artifact item.

CN is a great dungeon and more content should be in this realm. HE's are too easy to design and takes little work which is why we keep seeing them. Our current dungeons are old, tired and easy.. spend the time and investment to make more content like CN that scales with current gear and players skill.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    stah01 wrote: »
    I hope no dev takes a post like this seriously. New gamers starting to make me cringe. I want more challenge and things I cant accomplish because it takes more skill and tactics.. not easier content. I want more compelling reasons to play besides I just need to level this artifact item.

CN is a great dungeon and more content should be in this realm. HE's are too easy to design and takes little work which is why we keep seeing them. Our current dungeons are old, tired and easy.. spend the time and investment to make more content like CN that scales with current gear and players skill.

100% agreed. Only I preferred epic dread vault to CN because it requires more team co-ordination and to this day you still see groups of highly geared players who don't know what they doing wiping in it, whilst in contrast I see the same people out gearing CN.
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited January 2015

look at this kind of topics neverwinter comunity open all the time .
    instead of learing how to play and asking for the right way someone should do the donjon , what kind of powers/spec i have to choose , they attack devs , players , speak about OPiness ... etc
    seriously !
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Some ppl solo CN, some ppl do troll runs with 10k TRs, some ppl think it is to difficult.

If you cant do CN with 20k GS ppl, there is something wrong with your build, not with CN.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That dungeon shuld be possible to do for a players wchich dont have yet artifact weapons.

Nothing new. To complete it, you need the gear that can be looted... by completing it. Thats was the theme of many threads back in the days.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    lucifron44 wrote: »
    Nothing new. To complete it, you need the gear that can be looted... by completing it. Thats was the theme of many threads back in the days.

You absolutely don't. You can pick up the Draconic weapon set very easily, which has a better damage range. However, you don't need that set or similar either, just reasonable gear and a vague idea of what to slot and how to play.

CN has never been easier, BTW. Power creep has made it a ROFLstomp.
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    i wish i was the op so i have a challenging pve content
  • yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Actually Castle Never should be buffed - it's so easy these days. With constant stream of T2 items from Tiamat and from the auction house (full set for 100k and below) we don't have any problems with dungeons. We don't even need potions.

We have a gear which gets better and better and we have a content which gets easier and easier. Is there any hope for PvE players?
  • urterrorurterror Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2015

weapons atm are 100k at the AH.. 5 days of Rhix dailies AD..
    with a SW GF and DC who know what to do, is a nice dungeon for 10k gs :)
    WE NEED MORE DUNGEONS LIKE THAT (for relative gs)

sry bad englado!
    paladin_signature_by_whiitelotus-d330x28.png

| Cìrdan - GF | Cìrdan The Lightbringer - OP |
    < Guild: Pugno Fiammante >
    edited January 2015
    yokanaan wrote: »
    Actually Castle Never should be buffed - it's so easy these days. With constant stream of T2 items from Tiamat and from the auction house (full set for 100k and below) we don't have any problems with dungeons. We don't even need potions.

We have a gear which gets better and better and we have a content which gets easier and easier. Is there any hope for PvE players?

Yup dungeons need legendary mode 17 or 18k min gs for T1 legendaries with the difficulty to match that.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Have you been reading the forum...

All dungeons are too easy

Ok They are not... but a lot of folks here seem to think so

UrLord