test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

And the "highly sought after" 21st gift is....

karok73karok73 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Rank 4, Dark Enchantment ...

>.<

Was kinda hoping for something a little more... eh... "highly sought after".
Post edited by karok73 on

Comments

• vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've opened 40+ so far without any worthy thing. Literally wasted 1m AD on the first day of that event lol

On the other hand my invoke DC got two battlefield medics in a row. Not a big deal but ... potato
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It clearly says this pack contains ONE of the following...

it's all RNG, some lucky ppl will get better stuff more often, never expect yourself to be the luckiest person and you won't be disappointed
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • eltecheltech Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I got the Apparatus of Gond on my alt's 16th open, the day after I bought a Stormraider mount. So, anything can happen, I guess.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Chance for any reward drop is 20-25%. Highly sought after is roughly a quarter of that.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I got two scarecrows. Not the best find, but not bad, either. And those were only the early ones. And ofc life scrolls, respec tokens, etc.

I suppose the "marketing startegy" is to get ppl to spend lots on extra parcels on the last one or two days, because they absolutely _need_ that thingamajeek-whatnot...
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I got 3 chicken eggs, 2 with chickens and 1 with a cockatrice. scarecrows, wolf mounts, tiefling weapons. You just have bad rng luck XD
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Throughout 8 toons, the best I have received was a battlefield medic, scarecrow, some transmog sets, retraining tokens and enough scarves to open my own winter wonderland shop.

Not the best RNG but I haven't purchased any parcels with zen either. Not complaining but sometimes it is a little disappointing to open that parcel and get a R4 or unidentified gear.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • lordnwlordnw Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    And this is why you never spend RL cash on any gambling item. Because you will lose more than you gain. I've gotten a few things I sold for some AD, mostly drib-drab blue gear with a couple other things. All with the daily free giveaway.
  • jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lordnw wrote: »
    And this is why you never spend RL cash on any gambling item. Because you will lose more than you gain. I've gotten a few things I sold for some AD, mostly drib-drab blue gear with a couple other things. All with the daily free giveaway.

This is actually one of the better event, the people that I know (including myself) who's spent a bit of zen purchasing these gifts have come out on top in terms of value in items.

Plus they're giving all these things away for free, you should have enough chance to swap gifts with your friends to open 20 boxes by now, so you'll still get to open so many for free which gives you unbound items.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • ebonyshadowebonyshadow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I got nothing worth noting yesterday either.... however, I got the battlefield medic on one of My toons a few days ago, anything else is a bonus. Guys these are gifts, nobody is sitting down and deciding who gets what, it isn't going to be 'fair', it is random (Go look it up!) the nearest to 'fair' is that you have the same chance as everyone else to get something good but most of us won't, that is the way these things work. It has been a good event from my perspective, apart from that one purple companion I haven't got much, but it has still been worth having, some have sold for, in total, 100k AD or so... and it was free. I'm certainly not complaining!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've opened a lot of the parcels thus far, and the notable drops have been:

Alchemist experimenter
    Lillend (From Twisted Dwarf Scroll Case)
    Chicken (From the magic egg item)
    Battlefield Medic
    Redcap Powrie
    Zhentarim Warlock
    Scarecrow
    Llira's Bell
    Battlehorn
    Fawn of Shialla
    Shadow Wolf (R1, BoE)
    Traveling Entertainer
    Lizardfolk Shaman
    Intellect Devourer
    Respec Tokens
    Scrolls of (Mass) Life
    Adventurer's XP Booster
    Various event or CTA weapon transmutes - all were appropriate to the class of the character that received them

I've found that about 1 in 5 parcels contains anything good, (i.e. something other than just enchantments or a blue piece of gear). That's in no way an exact figure, just my observation. Still, given my previous luck with all things RNG, I think this item's chances are pretty good...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I opened 120 Gift Boxes and got:

Aparatus of Gond
    Alchemist Experimenter x3
    Lillend x4
    Mysterious Egg x2
    Dwarfen Scroll Lockbox
    Retrain Token x12
    Scrolls of (Mass) Life x10
    Zhentarim Warlock
    Redcap Powrie

And countless other Stuff like CTA Companions, Transmute Weapons, Liiras Bells,...
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've been getting a lot of good stuff, even a mount. But the one that surprised me this morning was a Moonshae Druid companion and it actually has really decent active bonus. I totally forgot this guy even existed. is this one super rare or something? (Just wondering). I can;t decide if I want to keep it or sell it in the AH LOL
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I've been getting a lot of good stuff, even a mount. But the one that surprised me this morning was a Moonshae Druid companion and it actually has really decent active bonus. I totally forgot this guy even existed. is this one super rare or something? (Just wondering). I can;t decide if I want to keep it or sell it in the AH LOL

The Druid was from the Ebon Downs CTA, IIRC.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think this is a well designed event and very fitting to the Christmas theme of gifting and sharing. I thoroughly enjoyed putting together parties with my friends and doing 'gift exchange'. The time spent running around picking up Lights allow us to chat and catch up a lil too, giving us a nice break from the endless dailies and Tiamat slaying.

Based on memory, here's what I got thus far:

Apparatus of Gond - 1
    Alchemical Experimenter - 1
    Liliend - 3
    Battlefield Medic - 4
    Throne of Lion - 1
    Zhentarim Warlock - 3
    Wandering Scarecrow - 5
    Blue Ribbon Pig - 3
    Shadow Wolf - 1

And the usual more common green companions, transmute items, etc.

I'm really hoping to get a Forgehammer of Gond from the parcel but I heard the drop rate is really low.
  • dhkyinodhkyino Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have only 3 characters and have only had the free starlight parcels and those I picked up from gift parties but am happy with what I have got.
    These include;
    Travelling entertainer
    Twisted dwarf scroll case which contained a Duergar Theurge
    2 Redcap Powries and a few smaller items.
    My first purple companions and they seem to have mainly come from the starlight bags you pick up when you exchange gifts. Also noticed that it seems better to just exchange 1 gift at a time as there seems less chance of being scammed out of your gifts.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I have 5 characters opening free boxes every day. I've discarded almost everything, mostly transmutes and fish bait. Among the things I've kept (for some reason):

2 respec tokens -1 I actually needed and used
    Traveling Entertainer
    Fawn
    2 battle Horns (1 bound)- will throw one out, at least, probably both
    2 Orc Wolves (bound)- Will throw out
    A bunch of XP boosters -I guess I'll make another prayerbot
    The Bell thing for companions- will probably throw out
    A few Life Scrolls - I'll keep them in inventory, ever forgetting to use them, until I throw them out
    2 pigs
    Throne

The pigs, throne and unbound companions will probably rot away in my guild bank, unless their value goes up after the event (I doubt it)
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    6 Chars with about 16 opened each:

some respec tokens (i think 5 or so)
    some Bells
    some transmutes
    few life scrolls
    2 battlefield medics

its free - its great (the respec tokens alone are worth 500k AD) - but the lady of luck doesnt favour me to much - lets see what the next 5 parcels each char will bring.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I also think it's hard to bark at these free rewards. Summer and Winter Festival net great return for those that have build up a serious ALT army and it's good that way. Not every event should give them an advantage, but one or two a year is fine.

I will probably manage to get decent ADs from the event (which to some extent only offset the loss I took from stockpiling some of the event Companions in hope for a nice return later... and boy these values crashed severely) and am pretty much capped at Preservation Wards and Respec Token for the foreseeable future. It's not major but a very nice QoL reward. That's how it should be.
  • damko00damko00 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Any practical things that I won: Battlefield Medic(if "living human" can be considered a thing),
    Scrolls of life and a Scarecrow.. Still waiting for respec token.. Or Apparatus of Gond..
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think some people need to read what can actually drop. I've heard people looking for stuff that isn't even available. They read the "previous event" thing and figure everything is there.

Posting for my own record as much as anyone else ;) I have opened 98 parcels/bags on one char, and over 15 on 15 others. Bolds are what I have recieved, some multiple times (obviously i have a ton of pres wards, respec tokens, 100 scarves...etc)

After 5 Gifts:
    [Battlefield Medic]
    [Wandering Scarecrow]
    Masquerade of Liars Masks
    Coins of Waukeen Gilded Weapons
    [Champion's Battle Horn]
    [Lliira's Bell]
    After 10 Gifts:
    [Throne of the Lion]
    [Apparatus of Gond]
    [Doohickey]
    Summer Festival Farmer's Makeshift Weapons
    [Blue Ribbon Pig]
    [Fawn of Shiallia]
    [Traveling Entertainer]
    [Dappled Riding Horse]
    After 15 Gifts:
    Call to Arms: Orc Assault Savage Weapons
    [Armored Orc Wolf]
    Call to Arms: Pit Fight Barbarian Weapons
    [Shadow Wolf]
    Call to Arms: Straight to Helm Tiefling Weapons
    [Helmite Paladin Ghost]
    Call to Arms: Storming the Keep Damaran Weapons
    [Swashbuckler]
    Call to Arms: Battle for the Bridge Volcanic Weapons
    [Flame Sprite]
    Call to Arms: Defend the Temple Deathknell Weapons
    [Moonshae Druid]
    Call to Arms: Garrundar the Vile Primitive Weapons
    [Lizardfolk Shaman]
    Call to Arms: Gate Crashers Bluefire Weapons
    [Intellect Devourer]
    After 20 Gifts:
    [Alchemist Experimenter]
    [Lillend]
    [Redcap Powrie]
    [Mysterious Chicken Egg]
    [Twisted Dwarf Scroll Case]
    [Zhentarim Warlock]
    [Forgehammer of Gond]

I like this event...the gift thing is kind of wonky in an online game where rep means nothing though. Yes, you should give and not expect to receive, but if that was the TRUE meaning of the event, then grouping shouldn't be required. You are essentially forced to "ask" for a gift if you want one, as nobody is going to just randomly invite people and give them a gift (lets be real).

Next year, the gift item should be like 5 charges each, and able to target anyone to give them the gifts.

Anyways, I liked this part of the event and probably broke even on the parcels I bought.
  • scoutmasterjscoutmasterj Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think this event has been pretty awesome. I have a fair amount of Alts and I've been getting gifts for each of them each day. I opened most of the gifts last night. Now obviously everyone else got lots of these too, so the value has dropped considerably, but I've gotten a pretty good haul. So far, i've gotten the following:

Battlefield Medic
    Masquerade of Liars Masks
    Coins of Waukeen Gilded Weapons
    Champion's Battle Horn
    Lliira's Bell
    Throne of the Lion
    Apparatus of Gond
    Summer Festival Farmer's Makeshift Weapons
    Blue Ribbon Pig
    Fawn of Shiallia
    Traveling Entertainer
    Dappled Riding Horse
    Call to Arms: Orc Assault Savage Weapons
    Shadow Wolf
    Helmite Paladin Ghost
    Swashbuckler
    Call to Arms: Battle for the Bridge Volcanic Weapons
    Intellect Devourer
    Mysterious Chicken Egg (opened it, got a cockatrice)
    Twisted Dwarf Scroll Case

Didn't buy any parcels, just using my free ones. Still hoping for the ForgeHammer.....
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Do you all notice the "highly sought" 21st rewards are not all that much more highly sought than other rewards?

For instance, Alchemist Experimenter - 200k, Lilend - 160k, Warlock - 100k, Powrie - 200k.

Only the Gond artifact worths something more than rewards before the 21st ones...
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hi need an opinion on spend stars or lights. we have three companions. mimic, fawn and sprite. already know fawn, she is decent for alt. are mimic and sprite working? and on whatever classes? what do you suggest to take?
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After seeing what others have gotten thus far I wonder why Tymora has forsaken me?

Opened 63 parcels to date and the stuff of note I got are:

3 Retraining Tokens
    4 Liira's Bell

That's it...not a single companion of any colour. Nine parcels to go - hope to get at least a Battlefield Medic.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lirithiel wrote: »
    That's it...not a single companion of any colour. Nine parcels to go - hope to get at least a Battlefield Medic.

Ah tough luck really. Fingers crossed - maybe you will get something the next parcels...
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lordnw wrote: »
    And this is why you never spend RL cash on any gambling item. Because you will lose more than you gain.

^ what this guy says.

You can't gamble and *expect* to win. You can be lucky, or more often than not, lose everything. That's what gambling is about.
  • tohveli1947tohveli1947 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After 20 - 30 parcels (bought 10 + free 1s)
    2x retraining token pack
    lillend
    forgehammer of gond
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hi need an opinion on spend stars or lights. we have three companions. mimic, fawn and sprite. already know fawn, she is decent for alt. are mimic and sprite working? and on whatever classes? what do you suggest to take?

The mimic is among the best tanking companions in the game, from what I hear. It's active bonus gives 100 defense (I think) The Fawn drops circles with increased regen, sorta like Astral Circle used to be, but without the DR. It's active is 100 recovery. The Sprites Active is 1% action point gain.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Apparatus of Gond:P

My TR is going to add more gold stuff to her jewelry box. She loves the stuff.

Now got a 2nd.