test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is the best way to manage lots of alts?

singingbladesingingblade Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited January 2015 in PvE Discussion
I am not able to get access to Gateway during my work day. I can access my computer before and after work. Could someone give me some advice to increase my speed on handling large amounts of alts (25 with 14 more slots available)?
I am near completing all professions on about 12 alts. Some issues are over half do not have a key to the second floor.

Main issues-

Invoking seems to be different for various alts (Example, I am warned to invoke and do. However, other alts within a minute and 1/2 difference have no warning)

All alts lose profession points (This stops at level 20)

Alts move out of invoking area randomly even though they are logged out in the middle of the invoking area (i.e. I can't log in invoke and move to resetting my professions without moving them again)

What are the best leadership 20 skills? (I will only be able to reset twice a day)

What are the best locations to have my alts?

Any short cuts would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Post edited by singingblade on

Comments

• lordzalmlordzalm Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Jesus, you that rich to buy 30+ char slots?

Why not just buy all the AD you need?
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Here are a few things I focus on w/ my alts:

1. Focus on tasks which give good rewards, instead of ones that take less time, since you have limited windows of time to interact w/ setting up tasks.

2. As I have played, I have moved away from tasks which require consumable resources, and focus on ones I can run endlessly without worry that I won't have a district map or other uncommon/rare resource I may run out of.

3. I don't bother opening the leadership chests/barrels every time I refresh tasks - They can stack to 999, so I let them build up, and open them at my convenience.

4. I like to go through my characters, on the gateway, in "waves" - first I'll go through and get the daily SCA reward, then I'll go through and collect rewards for all completed tasks, then I'll go through and set up the next batch of tasks.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Destroy enemy camps and the rare protect diamond shipment are the best tasks that take 12h. I like to search for "e" in gateway for the tasks I like". You will need mining claims for the rare task, and theres a spellplague task that gives 400 ad and a barrel for 6h work that is alright. There's also collect taxes iirc it's name which requires a district map (which sometimes come from the barrels/chests) that gives 800 ad over 8h. Protect the mines gives mining claims but there's also a rare task that gives 2 in 12h.

For login areas, I like the invocation area in PE, there's my personalised guild bank, mailbox, invocation obviously and a vendor that I can sell stuff to near harper boward. For the winter event I've been using the winter area to collect gifts. Doing it 28 times means that sometimes I forget to claim my gift after accepting my voucher or I forget to hand in my telescope quest after looking through it.

For levelling leadership past level 13 I like to search for "in" in gateway (which seems faster than in game even if I invoke in game anyway. War games training and tactical training are the best options there, although I prefer protect the mines for the claims and xp, though is a shorter task.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    lordzalm wrote: »
    Jesus, you that rich to buy 30+ char slots?

Why not just buy all the AD you need?

30 characters = 15 character Slot tokens

Each token costs 500zen (contains 2 slots)

That's 7500zen or an estimated 3.75mil AD.

I don't think that's a whole lot. Its a good investment if you will be diligent in your leadership and praying routines.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    30 characters = 15 character Slot tokens

Each token costs 500zen (contains 2 slots)

That's 7500zen or an estimated 3.75mil AD.

I don't think that's a whole lot. Its a good investment if you will be diligent in your leadership and praying routines.

Well $75 is a lot for just character slots, but after the months it takes to level leadership. The 2.5m/week as a relatively easy minimum amount does make it worth it in the long term, yeah.

3.75m AD can easily be spent and leave you unsatisfied. If you can deal with the leadership hassle, it can give you an income to pretty much never have to worry ever again about costs.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Here are a few things I focus on w/ my alts:

1. Focus on tasks which give good rewards, instead of ones that take less time, since you have limited windows of time to interact w/ setting up tasks.

2. As I have played, I have moved away from tasks which require consumable resources, and focus on ones I can run endlessly without worry that I won't have a district map or other uncommon/rare resource I may run out of.

3. I don't bother opening the leadership chests/barrels every time I refresh tasks - They can stack to 999, so I let them build up, and open them at my convenience.

4. I like to go through my characters, on the gateway, in "waves" - first I'll go through and get the daily SCA reward, then I'll go through and collect rewards for all completed tasks, then I'll go through and set up the next batch of tasks.
    This is exactly what I do with my 28 characters. Before I log in for the first time, I go in Gateway and load the Sword Coast Adventures on each character for their daily die roll. That marks all pending completed tasks as completed, so no wait time when I log in. Then, I log in game and Invoke, Profession, Event Dailies on each character. Then, throughout the day if I have time, I'll do their professions on the Gateway unless I feel like being in game, then I'll just character hop.

I keep all my Leadership boxes for one month. Each month, I open all my leadership boxes (except for 1 of each, so I don't have to move the stacks around. All my character's bags are well organized) and then mail all the runes, enchants, and refinement items to Old Zeb. I then mail all Profession stuff to the characters who do those professions. I also save my SCA bags on the character that claims them, but I mail those to Old Zeb once a week or when a character's bag space is low. I only open those SCA bags on Old Zeb when he also opens his Leadership containers.

One nice thing about the gateway is after you've set a profession task, hit Backspace on the keyboard and you'll be taken back to that same task to queue it up again.
  • singingbladesingingblade Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for all the suggestions