test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What do u guys think about samurai as the new class? XD

yolohahahayolohahaha Member Posts: 39 Arc User
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
As the title, what do u guys think if we will have the SAMURAI class? XD

it could be a mix of TR and GWF, good in single DPS like TR but abit tank like GWF, the class uses katana as main hand and bow/ pistol as off hand :D... d*mn it would be awesome :D
Post edited by yolohahaha on

Comments

• vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Paragon path for a GWF.
    yolohahaha wrote: »
    well in single DPS like TR but abit tank like GW
    Basically what we had after m2 GWF buff.
  • cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    After that, I suggest they add cowboy, space marine and police officer.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Paragon path for a GWF.

kensei i guess
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    what about a Batman class.
    perma stealth as a TR
    dodging like a HR
    a good shield as a CW
    movement as fast as a scoundrel(higher than a mount)
  • yolohahahayolohahaha Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    haha guys are so funny XD
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    cjh1983 wrote: »
    After that, I suggest they add cowboy, space marine and police officer.

Don't you mean Cowboy Ninja Viking? :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• yolohahahayolohahaha Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    really guys what do u think? which one will be the next class?
  • avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Short of attempting some form of fixes on the current classes, they shouldn't implement any new classes for awhile. But I do believe they might add druid or paladin next.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    yolohahaha wrote: »
    really guys what do u think? which one will be the next class?

Its already been asked here.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?700101-The-quot-New-Class%28es%29-quot-Feedback-Thread!

And Samurai isnt EVER going to be on the list.
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think the core classic classes of D&D will be covered first, before anything exotic is even considered. It will be many years before such a thing will even be considered.
    edited January 2015
    thesensai wrote: »
    I think the core classic classes of D&D will be covered first, before anything exotic is even considered. It will be many years before such a thing will even be considered.

Meaning they wont be considered. Lets be real here. MMO's have a shelf life of about 5 years. If they last longer then that, its mostly in maintenance mode with little further development. If things continue with 2 new classes a year, and that is a big IF. That means we can expect, AT MOST, 8 other classes. Or about 16 classes total, and that is being seriously optimistic. There simply will not ever be an option for anything really exotic, the game will never really get to that point.

I honestly expect the game to stop making new classes at around 10. At that point alone you start to create massive problems with drop tables and balance. The RNG is punishing enough, the more classes you add to the loot table the worse its going to get.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    well as far as i know the game dont lack many classes,
    assuming that the GF is a paladin and GWF a barbarian i think what is left is bard and druid
    which other classes are in edition 4?

samurai definitely is not one of them xD
  • kr3ndkr3nd Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    I don't really know about the DnD lore, but i think a healer class will be the next.
    Just look at the current classes, we could make pairs of them:
    CW SW casters
    GF GWF fighters
    TR HR tight leather wearing perverts

Oh yeah..... clothing ...yes, in this way there is 2 robe 2 leather and 2 chain user and only 1 plate :/ hmmmmm, hard to make any conclusion, but then maybe a paladin would be logical.
    edited January 2015
    kr3nd wrote: »
    I don't really know about the DnD lore, but i think a healer class will be the next.
    Just look at the current classes, we could make pairs of them:
    CW SW casters
    GF GWF fighters
    TR HR tight leather wearing perverts

Oh yeah..... clothing ...yes, in this way there is 2 robe 2 leather and 2 chain user and only 1 plate :/ hmmmmm, hard to make any conclusion, but then maybe a paladin would be logical.

You have it wrong. With 4E its Strikers, Defenders, Leaders, and Controllers. Not fighters and casters. So in that light, we have plenty of strikers, (Warlock, Ranger, Rogue, Great weapon fighter) but only one each for leaders (Cleric), controllers (Wizard), and defenders (Guardian).

Its why most people suspect Druid, Bard, and Paladin are the most likely to finish off the classes. That will finally add a second option for controller (Druid), leader (Bard), and defender (Paladin). Its all about role, after all. If it was about armor type, they would of changed things long ago. As it stands now, we already have 3 leather users, 2 chain users, and 1 each for plate and cloth.
  • kr3ndkr3nd Member Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited January 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    You have it wrong. With 4E its Strikers, Defenders, Leaders, and Controllers. Not fighters and casters. So in that light, we have plenty of strikers, (Warlock, Ranger, Rogue, Great weapon fighter) but only one each for leaders (Cleric), controllers (Wizard), and defenders (Guardian).

Its why most people suspect Druid, Bard, and Paladin are the most likely to finish off the classes. That will finally add a second option for controller (Druid), leader (Bard), and defender (Paladin). Its all about role, after all. If it was about armor type, they would of changed things long ago. As it stands now, we already have 3 leather users, 2 chain users, and 1 each for plate and cloth.

Well, thanks for the answer it makes a bit more sense, also then SW is leather user? interesting, i thount they are using cloth :D
    I hope they add Paladin, because I prefer tanks over any other class, but in that case they are better doing something about the current non existent Tank meta, like making mobs oneshot every other class(okey this would be too much), so u need a tank for the raids and tuning up def a bit (because itis useless after 4k, and the GF gear gives 5k even without any enchantments).
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    verdonix1 wrote: »
    is there even a samurai, ANYWHERE in the DnD universe?

Closest I know of is http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Kensei_%283.5e_Class%29 link is 3.5 but it gives you the idea.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Please use:
    Poll: The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

verdonix1 wrote: »
    is there even a samurai, ANYWHERE in the DnD universe?
    As for Samurai in the Realms, it is wholly possible and already existent in the Kara-Tur publications from 2nd edition and for a DM, would just need to be converted to their used edition. In short, yes there are Samurai in the Realms. They exist mostly in Kara-Tur, which is the region of the Realms that borders Eastern Faerûn and spans the entire east half of the northern continent that Faerûn and Kara-Tur encompass.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.