test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gearing Alts

lordzalmlordzalm Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
edited January 2015 in PvE Discussion
I see it in chat, on the forums, during pvp, in the Enclave, every where. 'Just spend like 25k AD and get like 10k GS on an alt, buying all blues/T1, without even doing any of the content.' Sometimes its 'You can just buy your way to 12k GS with less than 50k AD'. Or my favorite, 'Go buy around 10k AD worth of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> form the auctions, and you can run MC/VT till you get your end game gear.'

I find all these laughable. Extremely horrible representations of GS, buying form the AH, and even gearing in general. Just recently I got an alt to 60 during the 2x exp event, which got me through the levels in hours. After this leveling fiasco, I decided to get him to 10k GS without spending more than 50k AD to test this whole theory people spout on a daily basis.

Shenanigans.
I call Shenanigans.

I spent 95k on this alt, and its GS is STILL unable to break 10k. I managed to etch its way to 9.4k with that spending spree in the AH. I bought PURE T1 gear, all rank 5 enchants, either draconic or black ice and Dark for the move and GS boost, even got its purple shirt and pants. I even managed to level its Waters to blue from all the enchants that dropped during leveling. AND I bought and leveled its stat belt artefact to blue as well. Yet here I sit, sullen and disappointed, spending almost double what was discussed so many times before and not even breaking the bare minimum for what was promised.

So, to make my points stand, You fools need to stop this slanderous filthy lying campaign. You will need to spend well over a weeks worth of AD refining to even tap the 10k mark, get into IWD or WoD, and even then, you have to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to buffer that GS as well.
Post edited by lordzalm on

Comments

• Options
    sarrafelinesarrafeline Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It really depends on the class.

I got my TR to 12k after I hit 60 for about 100k AD. It's all T2 Draconic gear.

My CW, however, is sitting at 10.6k GS, after spending about 1.2 million AD on gear. Why? CW gear is really expensive, where as TR gear, HR gear, and to a lesser extent, GF and GWF gear, is cheap.

Can you get to 10k GS without spending much? Sure, I did. The wrists and helm for my TR got me to 10.2k GS, and cost me about 15k AD total at the time. The Boots for my CW and DC were like 15k each, T2, but the chest, wrists, and helm were 400k and up, way up.

I actually suggest skipping T1 gear if you can. My alt TR is going to have enough glory, at level 60, to buy Profound chest and helm, after doing a few GG PVP's to get seals. In fact, after that many GG PVP's, I should have enough for head, chest, and wrists, profound.

I like the draconic set. It sucks for CW (which actually is why I didn't go full set), but it's great for the melee classes/HR.
  • Options
    huejaynushuejaynus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I really dont know what you are ranting about. All my of my Alts have a min. 13k GS most with only 3 boons from the campaign. You can honestly spend around 50k AD and get that GS..
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Oh no, dont get me wrong, I was just testing this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people spout, but I dont mind working to gear an alt. ITs usually fun to relearn a whole new class for me anyway. Different styles means different types of fun. Its always good to step away from my healer throne to run amongst the dps rabble.

BTW, this was done on a SW, so very few stats from feats too.

And as I said in the begiining of the post, its usually meant as a 'no work, 10k GS char', menaing no boons, since its a fresh 60.

And Draconian set is one of the single best sets for DC, but for most others, its hit or miss.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Its usually the epic enchant slot shirt/pants that get you above the 12k mark, and yah once you get those it costs more than 100k AD.

10k is doable w/o the shirt/pants. But nowadays anything below 13k is generally frowned upon by the community, pve or pvp.

Me, idc, as long as your trying. Have looked inspected maybe like 3 other players my entire time playing since open beta.

Its still way cheaper to reach that 10k mark 12k mark though than it was even a few monthes back, its just the general community tends to frown upon it, if you attempt to PVP or do something like tiamat.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't know what you're talking about. I leveled my TR to 60 and got it to 14k in 15 minutes under 150k. Full swash, all blue artis and sigils (marks are super cheap now, and like 3 stacks of r4 chants for 5k each will do), ancient blade set (was actually cheap at the time), gemmed blue pants/shirt (20k both), some t1 rings/belt for around 5k each and you're done.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    10K in blue is doable with shirt/ pants and enchants. On 25KAD? Maybe not but that's the enchants more than anything. Although usually I can get R5s just refining what drops as I level. GS is bad mechanic and sometimes the right blues are more GS than T1s. There was a blue crit/power build that a lot of HRs were using in Mod2.
  • Options
    burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    it depends on class, it is possible i think buying lvl 60 blues was enough, did it long time ago

also then were 2 tiers of blue and the difference in stats was quite huge, dont remember what gs i got on SW when i equipped it in blues, generally getting blue set to cap arp, then rest for dps stats, maybe some life steal and a purple weapon + rank5's will get u to 10k
    Paladin Master Race
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Now that T1/T2 gear is dropping like candy from Well of Dragons, it is getting very, very affordable to just buy your gear.

Perhaps that explains why there are often more player corpses at my feat than devil corpses in Tiamat.... just because you have the gear, doesn't mean you learned to play.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Meh, got my mule to 9.2k gs. She has a legendary catalogue (just 1 stat counts for gs), rank 4 enchants, blue gear and 2 boons that were bought with fomorian concoctions. The 2 boons were 15k, the rest (excluding the artifact, but you can get better gs otherwise) were cheap stuff. It was only a cw too, so not one of the more inflated classes.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    People saying outlandish stuff on the internet? No way.

While I dont think it is THAT hard to get to 14k these days, people that are saying that its super cheap and easy havent done it in the current system. They just see T2's dropping like crazy and assume they are all cheap...they forget that the GS requires some boons (IE dailies, massive dailies) and enchants, belts, rings, shirts and pants and artifiacts...

Anyways, its not hard, but its not quite as easy as leveling to 60 and 14k GS gear appears in your mailbox.
  • Options
    suleiman7suleiman7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I had spent 100k getting my SW to 11k gs, accursed diabolist set was 60k, the exquisite pants and shirt I basically gotten a discount and got both for 20k each.
    That alone pushed the sw to 10k w/ no boons whatsoever.

It's not that hard, and not really that expensive if you just do a few dailies and sell stuff on the AH.
    Veni Vidi Vici
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think the solution for Neverwinter, is to never play alts at high levels, or never gear out your main.
    I have 15 lvl 60s, all of which have been parked for some time. (I still use one 9k CW for foundry farming)
    Getting gear is easy, getting high level enchants, boons, artifacts, companions on a per character basis is just rediculous.

This wasn't that bad of an issue until they added artifacts, multiple campaigns, and passive companion bonuses.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Shenanigans on the OP.

I leveled 2 new characters, TR and CW during 2x weekend and tried to keep them right at 10k for proving a point in Tiamat and found it impossible to stay at 10k. I gave up on my TR and went ahead and started working on pets including augment pet (no doesn't add to gs) and started working on boons. my CW has no boons no augment pet blue artifacts and no enchants and is over 12k.

Initial gear on these characters:

my TR i bought Swash and t2 weapons that I didn't receive in drops from tiamat already, spent 30k (had to buy offhand dagger and swash helm, rest were free from tiamat). Ring of dragonslayer, heart of the red dragon are the freebie epics from pack. at the time he had blue Waters (free arti at 21) and green GWF arti rank 1. 0 enchants, grey shirt pants you get from looting the chest at the beach during the tutorial, green quest items rest of his slots.
    lowest GS i could achieve in this setup was 10.5k

My CW i had to buy 3 pieces of HV and both mh/oh T2 weapons (maybe 60k), rest pretty much the same. same freebies, same waters, same GWF, same other slots. lowest GS was about the same 10.3k.

Yes my characters have pack artifacts, it's much less than not using enchants. Even rank 4s (+90 to 1 stat) x 9 slots (ignoring utility slots on helm/bracer/boot) gives you 810 stats which is more than red dragon heart gives (649 total stats)

It is impossible to have even just left side of character sheet epic and not hit 10k gs unless you have empty slots entirely.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    It is impossible to have even just left side of character sheet epic and not hit 10k gs unless you have empty slots entirely.

Really now? Let me do some adjusting, since I have a few things on that boost GS (got my SW to 11k last night) and show you, that even all 60 gear, all T1 purples, all enchants, its still possible to NOT hit 10k so **** easily.

CMw7qwN.jpg

That is all T1 purples, rank 5 enchants, draconic or black ice and no boons. Best blue weapon I could get, since anything purple mainhand for a SW hits 100k easily, and decent blue offhand.

That is literally 95k spent on the AH, and I STILL dont even have 10k GS?

So I reiterate.

Shenanigans.
  • Options
    avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    lordzalm wrote: »
    Really now? Let me do some adjusting, since I have a few things on that boost GS (got my SW to 11k last night) and show you, that even all 60 gear, all T1 purples, all enchants, its still possible to NOT hit 10k so **** easily.

CMw7qwN.jpg

That is all T1 purples, rank 5 enchants, draconic or black ice and no boons. Best blue weapon I could get, since anything purple mainhand for a SW hits 100k easily, and decent blue offhand.

So I reiterate.

Shenanigans.

With gemmed shirt and pants (blue ones) and a usual, not artifact, belt you can easily hit 10k GS with your setup shown in the picture above.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    With gemmed shirt and pants (blue ones) and a usual, not artifact, belt you can easily hit 10k GS with your setup shown in the picture above.

Thats the thing, Gemmed shirts and pants are MORE EXPENSIVE. I kept the price under 100k, and thats what it got me. And a gemmed setup will cost me nearly 200k in and of itself. Thats going above what is said.

The literal whole point of this is stop spreading misinformation. People CANNOT gear to 10k+ with less than 100k AD. It MIGHT be possible on GS inflated classes like GF or GWF, but on most classes, its just not feasible. At all.
  • Options
    brisedabriseda Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Making a well geared alt in this game is hard. It should be. Making a single well geared char is hard, good. lol If eeryone is 22K GS then no one at the top of the food chain.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thats the thing, Gemmed shirts and pants are MORE EXPENSIVE. I kept the price under 100k, and thats what it got me. And a gemmed setup will cost me nearly 200k in and of itself. Thats going above what is said.

The literal whole point of this is stop spreading misinformation. People CANNOT gear to 10k+ with less than 100k AD. It MIGHT be possible on GS inflated classes like GF or GWF, but on most classes, its just not feasible. At all.

He/she said blue gemmed ones which are superior to the purple ungemmed ones considering that you can **** your own enchantment in.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    You can also boost GS by wearing 2/2 split armor sets. This might or might not be the best thing to do depending on which stats you wind up boosting in lieu of the 4/4 set bonus, though.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    You can also boost GS by wearing 2/2 split armor sets. This might or might not be the best thing to do depending on which stats you wind up boosting in lieu of the 4/4 set bonus, though.

I guess that would be one way to artificially boost the GS more, since this is an alt for me, but for other players, the 4/4 is usually way better to go for since they arent gearing an alt, they are going for main. That being said, sometimes, depending on the class, 2/4 sets are even better for mains anyway.
  • Options
    angrymanagementangrymanagement Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited January 2015

A set of gemmed pants & shirt cost abou 300k AD last time I checked. Have the gotten that much cheaper recently?
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    They dropped below 100k/per for most of the epic gemmed like 50-80k/per depending on egg prices. The blues though are probably quite a bit cheaper, I havent looked recently on those. But the SW epic gemmed were like 50-60k/per last night.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • Options
    sarrafelinesarrafeline Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    My TR, at level 58, has a higher GS. I have R7's and Xvim set, but regardless...

Your entire problem is that you're trying this on an SW. SW is the newest class, and there are still people leveling them up, gearing them up, and getting used to them, so gear is going to be more expensive for SW anyway. Try an HR, GF, GWF, or TR for getting 10k gs for less than 50k AD, and it'll be a different story.

Gear is just more expensive for the magic classes, regardless of anything else, and I'm not entirely sure why.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    A set of gemmed pants & shirt cost abou 300k AD last time I checked. Have the gotten that much cheaper recently?

depends on the class. Gemmed sets cost 90k and 88k right now on AH for SW.
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015

CMw7qwN.jpg

So I reiterate.

Shenanigans.

why doesn't your screen shot include artifacts? Like I said, empty slots. I don't care about your blue gear, you can hit 10k in all blue gear, just no empty slots.

also lol if you spent 95k on that gear, what a waste.
  • Options
    grumblesmorfgrumblesmorf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I can't even find any main hand SW weapons on the AH, ever. I feel like my AH is bugged or something. It will flash a page full of them for a half second or so and then go blank and say nothing found. I feel pretty silly still using my dragon bone pact blade with 10k gs starting to run T2s now...
  • Options
    covenant92covenant92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah, the AD you'd have to spend to gear an alt varies both on Class and the timing when you decide to purchase your Gear.

In my case, I got my Half Elf SW to 9K with only about 40K spent for the Charisma Artifact Belt and the Puppetmaster Tier 2 set. (I will admit I did all of this during the Double Event after Christmas so prices have likely increased, though the Charisma Belt is still the cheapest Artifact Belt on the market at under 15K.) The rest of the GS (currently at 11K) came from Boons and refining my Artifact and Charisma Belt which I don't have a problem with. It just seems easier to break above 10K GS by doing the early Campaigns and refining what Artifact equipment you have rather than buying that much GS at once.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I spent 95k on this alt, and its GS is STILL unable to break 10k.

It's because you chose your gear in terms of efficiency and not in terms of gs.
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    He has wicked mage so I doubt that