test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

server not responding

foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
I have had issues with server not responding very often lately. like 4 times in 1 hour every day and my internet is fine.
Post edited by foxxy#4211 on

Comments

• glowfadeglowfade Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Youre not the the only one apparently its going around right now. Im waiting on an answer for my post too, if you haven't yet check the first three topics in the bugs post it covers a lot on this issue, I hope youre problem is resolved soon and mine too! best of luck. Its titled "Disconnecting? click here" I believe. it has some good info
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I think this is caused by solar storms, since the sun's activity at the moment is kind of off the charts and our planet is being hit more than usual.

Peace.

• emt27emt27 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I see SCA/gateway is still down as well... Hope they fix it so my battlefield medic can join in the fun
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • glowfadeglowfade Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Umm, that's a pretty interesting theory you have there.. but if this were the case .. wouldn't ALL players be effected not just a selected amount? it seems entirely too accurate and selective for it to be some sort of random oddity like you're describing. From what I have read so far (and im new so I don't know much) the problems started with the release of Rise of Tiamat, but I don't know how that could affect people connecting. I'm just doing my best and wracking my brain to figure it out, unfortunately I have spent more time in the forums than in the game so far! :( hopefull that will change soon tho lol
  • hellwinklehellwinkle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    solar activity in the past few days is actually in the C1-C2.1 range which is extremely low. Same with magnetic activity.

http://www.tesis.lebedev.ru/en/sun_flares.html
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    In the past two weeks there have been a few ddos attempts against some networks, there have been bad storms in the us, and of course there is always the notorious cogentco routers. These are likely the real cause of the problems.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hellwinkle wrote: »
    solar activity in the past few days is actually in the C1-C2.1 range which is extremely low. Same with magnetic activity.

http://www.tesis.lebedev.ru/en/sun_flares.html

Sunspot AR 2192 is still there, just not facing the earth anymore. The activity is still pretty high. I'd rather trust in what NASA says, instead of some russian website.

Nasdrowje!

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Closing this as the server, chat, and gateway issues should now be fully resolved.

OP: You may want to disable On-Demand Patching in the launcher (Options on the top right), then reload the launcher and let it patch the entire game. Your "Server not responding" issues may be related to disruptions in the streaming of content when On-Demand patching is enabled. If you're still having issues, please contact Support as these are not Support Forums.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.