test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild Mail Option is gone post Mod 5

zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
edited January 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
The option to send Guild Mail has vanished since Mod 5 went live. I checked three of my characters that are each guild leaders of seperate guilds. I also checked both the remote mail window and the mailbox/courier mail window. The option to check to send as Guild Mail is entirely gone.

I've also gotten (which lead me to do the above checking) a report from a very reliable source that they too do not have the Guild Mail option anywhere either on any of their characters with guild mail permissions.

I've also sent an in game bug report, ticket #2,909,139
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• roksanalyasinroksanalyasin Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I hadn't noticed this, but I am also a Guild Leader so I will have a look when I next log on.
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    The option to send Guild Mail has vanished since Mod 5 went live. I checked three of my characters that are each guild leaders of seperate guilds. I also checked both the remote mail window and the mailbox/courier mail window. The option to check to send as Guild Mail is entirely gone.

I've also gotten (which lead me to do the above checking) a report from a very reliable source that they too do not have the Guild Mail option anywhere either on any of their characters with guild mail permissions.

I've also sent an in game bug report, ticket #2,909,139

Yep, think we've all been experiencing that. Doesn't look like it made it into tomorrow's patch, but hopefully the next! It is missed.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• vascodergamervascodergamer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi Folks,

it seems to me the feature to send mails to all guildies went missing with the new Module. There was a "Guild compose" tab in the mailbox but is there no more ...

Greets
    Vasco
  • raptorskyfireraptorskyfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Can confirm. Was about to send a message out and it's gone - even for guild leaders.
    Part of Storm-Shore, a RP/PvE guild. http://www.stormshore.com/

I have many alts, I am a class and race rainbow.
  • elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Can Cryptic please fix the missing guild mail button in the leaders mail box!

I can't sent my guildies any messages since M5 and it's getting really annoying since I have some big events to launch soon! I don't wanna single handily mail over 80 toons!
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, would like to have this back. :( Got a new guild mail all ready to copy/paste and send out, and no guild mail option.
  • wisam187wisam187 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yep, same here.
    We need guild mail fixed asap please.
    laodpu3d124.png
  • wyndrarchwyndrarch Member Posts: 147
    edited November 2014
    I didn't notice this until you pointed it out. Admittedly my guild is very small, and I know each of the members outside of NW, so it doesn't bother me so much. BUT I would like to see it resolved nonetheless as I can easily see the impact it would be having.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If this is a repost of a bug already noticed I apologize.

I was going to send a guild mail to all the guildies to notify them of a specific minor guild change and..... no Guild tab was to be found.

I tried with the icon - nothing. I tried at the mailbox - nothing. I pressed G and checked Guild Window in case it was moved - nothing. I checked my Rank permissions - same as before.

Previously it was a limit of ONE guild mail per day which was reasonable. We still have the MotD ( Message of the Day) to use. However, the guild mail was very useful for passing on information to guildies in different time zones from myself.

Am I missing something here? Where is the Guild Mail?
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
    edited December 2014
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
    edited December 2014
    Crosslinking threads - didn't see this one until a guildie notified me : http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?803651-Guild-mail-tab-gone&p=9589511#post9589511

"I tried with the icon - nothing. I tried at the mailbox - nothing. I pressed G and checked Guild Window in case it was moved - nothing. I checked my Rank permissions - same as before.

Previously it was a limit of ONE guild mail per day which was reasonable. We still have the MotD ( Message of the Day) to use. However, the guild mail was very useful for passing on information to guildies in different time zones from myself."

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Not sure if related directly but perhaps will help to fix it all.
    The mail icon on the top bar now has a significant delay. You can send mail to yourself and only after few minutes the icon will light up, same thing when reading all mails, the icon will turn off only after few minutes. The previous behavior was instant.
  • nalikknalikk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Guild Compose has been missing since mod 5 launched. It'd be nice if someone would step in and say this is being address or it's gone for good, our guild can't communicate out anything until this feature is fixed.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Known issue, there's a main bug report thread on this somewhere. When I can, I'll find it and merge these threads. Thanks!

Update: Merged three threads into main report. Also note, this was also reported via in-game bug report per Staff request at the time of the OP report.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Guild mail, as perhaps most already know, is disabled and has been since the launch of WoD (mod4.5). As you may know, or can guess from my signature, I lead a very large guild... Having guild mail disabled is a MAJOR burden all guilds, particularly large ones. I would very much like to understand why guild mail was disabled and know when we can expect it to be re-enabled... Trying to coordinate guild events (for example) across a thousand players who come from nearly every major timezone is very hard when you can only communicate with members who happen to be online when you are.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Not a leader of hive big guild but I used to put events on Events page in Guild Management window.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    We have a fairly active site, but even so - many members haven't registered there so while the most active members are getting information from the guild site, there are still many who don't. There are so many glitches already, and guild management is already difficult as it is, not having Guild Mail is just one more thing (a big thing) on the pile... de parvis grandis acervus erit
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    bumpity bump bump
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This has been super annoying, and has been reported a number of times....

As a leader of a Guild it has been detrimental to our communications with our members to not have Guild Mail.

Moderators, please let the Devs know again!

Devs, please fix this ASAP.

Thanks! :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No one in my guild knows I am alive

Very sad
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Yes, very much need this fixed ASAP. Guild leaders know what I mean. I can't be on 24/7 and my guild is suffering because I can't send out mail. :(
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • scammerzascammerza Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Noticed this some time ago already. There is a lot of things in guild management etc that could use some improvement and a lot of features that would be nice to have, especially with finding inactive members and cleaning up. Lots that can be done & yet no improvements since launch.
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Going to poke at this issue again. My guild is quite casual and quiet. I used to send out periodic guild mail to remind everyone how our recruitment and promotion process works, and other features of the guild. Lately, we've gotten a lot of new recruits... but now many of them have left. I cannot send mail to explain how our guild works or what they need to do for promotion. I cannot send mail to remind all of our current members how to go about recruiting the right players into the guild for them to want to stay.

I could not send guild mail to help raise funds for a new bank tab awhile back. I used the events tab, but it was a mess. Text was overlapped and hard to read, not much room for explanation, and every time i tried to update it, it changed the dates and times around. I can only imagine how other, more active guilds are struggling with mass communication, especially over the holiday season.

Because our guild is casual, we do not have a web site, there is no need for these casual players to need to check a site out of the game. But now we are getting new recruits that don't fit in, people wondering when/how they will get promoted, and people leaving the guild.

It is also quite frustrating that there has been absolutely no response to this from the devs.
    edited January 2015
    We've been using MoTD as a mini-mail for weeks now.

Also, you can do a broadcast in your guild channel of quick news, and then say "please pass it on to others".

Another method there is in effect for Twilight Empire (and Infernal Paragons) is the Facebook page.

Whilst I'd REALLY REALLY like Guild Mail tab back there are ways we are coping meanwhiles. Guild Mail was just easiest.

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Closing this up now as this was fixed in today's patch.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.