test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unexpected Server Problems - 12/31/14 (Resolved)

Comments

• urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The white and dark part of the internet? Are you eating chicken ATM?

What does ATM mean to you?

to me it means

Anti tank mine
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey now. I have to deal with all the drunks tonight at work as I do security. Hopefully the server is back up before I have to leave.
    edited December 2014
    at the moment

thanks

that makes much more since
  • kcscott11kcscott11 Member Posts: 38
    edited December 2014
    taurude wrote:
    I was looking in the white part of the internet and no all the other servers in the east coast of the US are fine, some of them, like League of Legends, fix problems relative to DoS attacks, end of year, the guys from the darker part of internet like this date.

The problem are not coming from something like a DoS, there is them two possibilities, a strategic attack focus on some vulnerability in game or a internal problem in the server, caused possible by the year change, as some functionalities are attached direct to date and its common to have this kind of trouble.

In the first case its possible that they may not fix the problem, in the second case they may need to restore a entire database of character and it is time consuming, restore of any kind take time to be done, and if they for instance need to do it from an image it going to need the correct professional plus authorization, 3 hours minimum.

Just guessing here are we don't have any information.?

ummm if they can restore the entire character database from an image in 3 hours they are bad ***.... secondly... if they restored from an image.... our characters would move back in time because it would be a predated backup.......
  • z0skiiz0skii Member Posts: 85
    edited December 2014
    The white and dark part of the internet? Are you eating chicken ATM?

L[]l Really?? Just wow.
  • scherz02scherz02 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I resent that remark - I have a life. I just can't remember where I left it.

No where was that minesweeper game again?
  • scammerzascammerza Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hoofit wrote: »
    I think the cryptic staff are drunk and turned the servers off. Right now there blind drunk all singing drunken songs waiting for the strippers to arrive paid for by the petty cash, I think the only problem they have is the strippers are late and they are running out of booze :P

So many things that can go wrong in hosting infrastructure like cabling, 'hardware/servers/components, network storage, networking, heat/cooling, data corruption/file system problems/raid failure, tons of database types of issues, and this excludes the complexities of self developed applications and 3rd party providers of services.
    edited December 2014
    given it is a predated image... what will happen to the Zen spent ?
    edited December 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    Hey now. I have to deal with all the drunks tonight at work as I do security. Hopefully the server is back up before I have to leave.

OH man good luck you too mate & stay safe. I know how hard that job can be with the drunk and crazies.
    edited December 2014
    oh well 15 more days till h1z1 :-) https://www.h1z1.com/home
  • unabletodisplayunabletodisplay Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    back up for me!!!
    edited December 2014
    yep its back
  • hellratedhellrated Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    akromatik wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Our engineers are continuing to work on addressing the connection issues. Still no ETA, but you all will know the second we have one. Thank you for your continued patience.
    Still no ETA? just wanna know whether it'll be done in 2-3 hours or more, keeping my hopes up for it to be done within 1-2 hour.
    In-game Characters:
    Raba Leo - 16k GWF | Raba Dharma - 15.5k CW | Raba Chanda - 15k TR | Raba Karma - 14k HR
    PURE F2P, so far..
    edited December 2014
    back up for me!!!
    server light still shows red
    edited December 2014
    im in game now!! first time all day...
    edited December 2014
    Woot we're all back in action.

& just like that we got the boot :(
  • asmose01asmose01 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    scammerza wrote: »
    So many things that can go wrong in hosting infrastructure like cabling, 'hardware/servers/components, network storage, networking, heat/cooling, data corruption/file system problems/raid failure, tons of database types of issues, and this excludes the complexities of self developed applications and 3rd party providers of services.

Well I have taken all my Christmas <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> down and have breathing room in my living room once again, now I will work on breaking down all the recycling!

Have a happy New Years gang and I hope you do get the server back up before I run out of chores and if not it means "walking dead" marathon and getting my buzz on!
  • scherz02scherz02 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    scammerza wrote: »

You forgot a small frog getting into the fusebox and getting fried. Don't laugh - we lost power for 2 hours when that occured at one of the TECO substations. Mind you we are talking Florida - not the REAL world here :)
  • cstrife16cstrife16 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i'm back on, woot :)
  • deviousbishdeviousbish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i cant even get the patcher to come up it keeps telling me to check my net...
  • xthefugitivexxthefugitivex Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    im in the game now.
  • hellwinklehellwinkle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    well i logged in for about 15 seconds
  • wraithr32wraithr32 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And down again
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I GOT ON!!!! IT WAS TIAMAT TIME!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH

why did you turn it off
  • dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    logged in for 10 seconds and it crashed again .__.

i demand 5 linus favor in my mailbox as refund.
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • cstrife16cstrife16 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    AAAAaaand server unavaliable again.

in other news, all dragons are up :P
  • kromrylkromryl Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Uh - loader up for me...but no log-in. Back to the beer...

• taurudetaurude Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kcscott11 wrote: »
    ummm if they can restore the entire character database from an image in 3 hours they are bad ***.... secondly... if they restored from an image.... our characters would move back in time because it would be a predated backup.......

Just speculating here, to give you something to chat for, as i don't know how they store the information, good to know that someone read and understand what i was trying to explain, as it was just a educated guess.
    edited December 2014
    Back down

only in for a sec
This discussion has been closed.