test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unexpected Server Problems - 12/31/14 (Resolved)

Comments

• Options
    lordnwlordnw Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    alviisme wrote: »
    Well, I'm glad it is being addressed and definitely glad it's not my internet. Obviously I had plans to play since I got home early. I guess I'll have to spend time with real people while I wait for the problem to be fixed.

Real people. Pfah! This is why we invented television and movies! :D
  • Options
    drgermdrgerm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    yesibebad wrote: »
    Oh No!!! Not THAT!!! Anything but THAT!!!
    drgerm wrote: »
    Still not up.

Guess I have to do something involving interacting with live human beings on New Years Eve...

/sigh

LOL, I know, like maybe I'll go play D&D now?..
  • Options
    scammerzascammerza Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    totally quoted the wrong guy!! :/

sorry scammerza lol

LoL I was totally confused by it
  • Options
    shadywintryshadywintry Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    no one is attacking the servers, they just failed, especially of USA servers, they are down. the ones from EU working fine.

They are not..i live in EU and can't log in
  • Options
    blackfoxaltoroblackfoxaltoro Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    heyrogers wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We are aware of the problems that are occurring for Neverwinter right now. We'll keep you updated on our progress towards a solution.

Thank you just for posting that.
  • Options
    alviismealviisme Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lordnw wrote: »
    Real people. Pfah! This is why we invented television and movies! :D

Actually it was just a ruse I'm actually gonna take a nap. :p
  • Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They are not..i live in EU and can't log in

Same for me.
    Anyway, im drunk so

Happy New Year Everyone!
    200_s.gif
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What the heck is wrong with you guys, this should have being fixed long time ago, my whole life is this game!!!.

Take it easy guys, take your time so it's done correctly. None of you should be there fixing anything, you should be with your friends and family but seems some players forgot you guys are human beings too (I mean you are right? not machines or dwarves or elfs?) it's only one day which I'm pretty sure anyone can skip playing. I'm pretty sure lots of people are going to get mad because of this.

Umm, New Year's Eve is not a holiday. I'm at work right now, as most people are. Why does everyone keep calling today a holiday?

Anyway, I'm sure things will be fixed within an hour or so. No sweat. :)

Happy New Year!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Guys it seems the servers have overloaded, their not under attack. its just ALL of us being on both NW and STO have overloaded everything, this happens all over the place this time of year, and xbox, playstion, Seganet, Steam, Oragin and many many others are no exception. all we can do is wait. The guys on the other end of this WILL be trying to fix it, all any of us can do is wait, so my advice to everyone right now is, go play on other games or go enjoy the new year. Because the servers are down both in the USA and EU so all we can do is wait. Arc and Steam are BOTH telling me this message
    Some games are currently experiencing outages. the issue is being investigated

so just find something else to do, the best thing us users can do right now is lessen the server load by NOT logging in for an hour or so.
  • Options
    veilofentropyveilofentropy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Umm, New Year's Eve is not a holiday. I'm at work right now, as most people are. Why does everyone keep calling today a holiday?

Anyway, I'm sure things will be fixed within an hour or so. No sweat. :)

Happy New Year!

Possibly because not everyone shares your time zone?

New Year's has already passed for me and it's now well into New Year's Day here.
  • Options
    xtremozxtremoz Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just find funny that this problem only happen on weekend or holidays? I wonder if they run a 24/7 business and only work from Monday till Friday? cuz that seem to be the problem, we gonna make server maintenance on monday cuz of xmas and new years evening, well there millions of ppl working on holiday and weekends specially when u run a business 24/7, when most the clients (player) use there services (game) on those days (weekend/holiday). but again who am I to teach any international company how to run there business!
  • Options
    kcscott11kcscott11 Member Posts: 38
    edited December 2014
    I just started playing again, i quit for like a year, started playing again a couple of days ago... yayyy
  • Options
    horrormole2horrormole2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    so it's takes time for tomorrow? :\
  • Options
    sarrafelinesarrafeline Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I work for a transportation company. We drive vans to transport disable people. I have the first of the year off, as does the bus service. It may not be an official holiday, but almost every business here is closed.
  • Options
    scammerzascammerza Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    kcscott11 wrote: »
    I just started playing again, i quit for like a year, started playing again a couple of days ago... yayyy
    You have a lot of dailies to do!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    scammerza wrote: »
    You have a lot of dailies to do!

Yea, no kiddin, with the expansions, I have 50% sharandar unlocked, 10% dread ring, 5% well of dragon, 10% pvp so on so forth.... and I need to play to get my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> done!!
  • Options
    born2bdaddyoborn2bdaddyo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    as do I! lol
  • Options
    sarrafelinesarrafeline Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't like to speculate. But something in me must ask...

Is this a DDoS attack, or is it a software/hardware problem?
  • Options
    gameshogungameshogun Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited December 2014

So that's why it's down! You! Why?!

j/k ;P
  • Options
    alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Bored of watching tv waiting for the server to come back up. Why would I ever want to interact with my in-laws sitting over there...
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • Options
    cacodaemoniccacodaemonic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't like to speculate. But something in me must ask...

Is this a DDoS attack, or is it a software/hardware problem?

No one outside of Cryptic is going to know that without speculating...
  • Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yea, no kiddin, with the expansions, I have 50% sharandar unlocked, 10% dread ring, 5% well of dragon, 10% pvp so on so forth.... and I need to play to get my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> done!!

1 toon or more? Lolz :>
    200_s.gif
  • Options
    drakkenfeldrakkenfel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
    edited December 2014
    The game has IMPROVED so much this year. It looks to only get BETTER. Hoping to see bigger servers, more processors, lots more memory, and Fiber-loads of bandwidth in the coming year.

The addition of a PALADIN class would be icing on the cake! :-)
    Paladin.jpg
    @METH_SHADOWSTORM - Foundry author of:
    "The Sunnydale Campaign" - NWS-DKBEJ9OOM
    Episode 1: "Missing Daughters" - NW-DCX9IZBJB
    Episode 2: "A Date With Destiny" - NW-DHYEX5NKR - Featured: NW-DHFLDPWJV
    STO Foundry: "Safari So Good" - ST-HPRP2WFWI
  • Options
    hellwinklehellwinkle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OH NOES! I can't play dungeons and dragons!!!!
    :mad::mad: NERD RAGE!!! :mad::mad:
  • Options
    definitevvorpal3definitevvorpal3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I work for a transportation company. We drive vans to transport disable people. I have the first of the year off, as does the bus service. It may not be an official holiday, but almost every business here is closed.

Some (specifically hospitality) service industries tend to stay open, especially hospitality. Work till midnight new years eve tonight and open 7 am tomorrow. woo hoooo
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    This feature is inaccessible at this time.

Your account needs to be at least one week old and have
    a character at least level 10 in order for you to take
    advantage of this feature.

Thanks,
    Perfect World Entertainment

cant even earn zen cuz it cant find my account info... they got problems....
  • Options
    hellratedhellrated Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    **** NW makes you feel really lonely when people are not there. i was stuck in a server at Dread ring, pure silence... only the server i was on was working saying "there are no other instances for this map". That was 5 mins ago, then i got a disconn and i tried to restart the game, at loading it says "Tried connecting 4 times" and says "unable to connect to patch server"..
    In-game Characters:
    Raba Leo - 16k GWF | Raba Dharma - 15.5k CW | Raba Chanda - 15k TR | Raba Karma - 14k HR
    PURE F2P, so far..
  • Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It.... is their job.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    xtremoz wrote: »
    I just find funny that this problem only happen on weekend or holidays? I wonder if they run a 24/7 business and only work from Monday till Friday? cuz that seem to be the problem, we gonna make server maintenance on monday cuz of xmas and new years evening, well there millions of ppl working on holiday and weekends specially when u run a business 24/7, when most the clients (player) use there services (game) on those days (weekend/holiday). but again who am I to teach any international company how to run there business!

funy that. it seems to be about the same time that all the schools and collages are out.. hmmmm <sarcasum> has nothing to do with people being at home and playing it more, so thus more people are on and thus more load on the servers. <end sarcasum>

I used to work for Sega when they first lurnched Seganet for the Dreamcast (Yes I'm sadly THAT old) I can tell you that server overloads happen, and there truthfully is jack squot anyone can do about it. you Ether guess the load right (by guessing over) or more commonly you get it Massively wrong by sevral thusands of people and the whole thing crashes, There is no way to be sure, most people think you'd be playing a new game else where, so they just plan for the useal weekend load, and theats when problems begin. because these are free to play games they can only budget for so much at a time and so at peek times like Holidays and Weekends we have to except connection problems. :/ sad fact of gaming.
  • Options
    saurdelsaurdel Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No updates after an hour? No good or bad news at all? I'm not like ''cmon cmon fix it right away'' but it would be nice to know about stuff like how long we need to wait. Personally I prefer to wait for a much longer time knowing how long than a much shorter one without any information...
This discussion has been closed.