test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes NW.35.20141208a.4

Comments

• rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The GWF changes that are listed here were not added to preview and should hopefully be added to preview on Monday.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?810761-GWF-changes-aren-t-working&p=9719591#post9719591
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    asterotg wrote: »
    Life happens to all 24 players in a instance. You are not the only one spending your time playing, 23 others do as well. If you would run a dungeon with me as a PuG and be AFK for some minutes without notice, I would kick you. I would not say, well, maybe he has a reason for his behaviour, lets wait for another 10 minutes and talk about it.

You can do with your time what you want, same goes for the other players. If they dont want to waste it, bc. you have something else to do, it is their choice and if they want to kick you instead of waiting, thats their choice, too.

If the fight fails bc. you went AFK (theoretical, but possible) you wasted 23 ppls time. They had no saying in the matter. If they win while you were AFK, you did not contribute, you dont deserve a reward.

If I had to go asap, I would either tell them and leave (if possible) or leave, but not wait and hope, that no one notices. I am not talking about 20 sec. to close a door or to tell someone, you will call back, but AFK for several minutes.

I did a skirmish with one player who was AFK from the beginning, till maybe 30 seconds before the bossfight was over. I had posted multiple times, that the leader should kick him, so another player could join. When he came back, he called me rude, he just had to answer the phone. In what world are you entiteld to a reward just for queing? Why should the other players do your share of the fight, bc your time is more precious? Not in my opinion and I am quite sure, most ppl in a group with AFK ppl see it the same way.

do you realise some poeple go afk because poeple use zerg tactic? why someone to go help? to help what? 24 poeple attack one head you need help on zerg? i dont understand .only who use 5x5 tactic can complain about afk people 5x5 need all active zerg is lazy so poeple can chose go afk.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    do you realise some poeple go afk because poeple use zerg tactic? why someone to go help? to help what? 24 poeple attack one head you need help on zerg? i dont understand .only who use 5x5 tactic can complain about afk people 5x5 need all active zerg is lazy so poeple can chose go afk.
    How does what you just wrote make sense in this or any universe? Someone wants to use a different strategy than you so it's ok for you to go have a toddler meltdown in the corner?
    edited December 2014
    you dont need me to do zerg zerg can be done from 15 poeple and also zerg is the lazy strategy if you want your content challenging do 5x5 but no i am lazy i do zerg thats the spirit
    edited December 2014
    you dont need me to do zerg zerg can be done from 15 poeple

And your thinking is just wrong and if I knew you had done it and had your character names I would report it as griefing which it is.
    edited December 2014
    if you want find me in game <<Removed. Please don't post handles as it leaves you open to harassment attacks.>>
  • smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If you think it's okay to cry and go afk in a corner because a particular method is being used over what you think you should be able to force on 24 other persons, then please, just leave the instance. Trying to justify your (extremely) childish behavior by trying to argue that they don't need your help is just silly. If everyone did what you do, then nobody would be killing Tiamat. Take a step back and see how stupid your argument is.
  • aever0n1aever0n1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    there are not any changes for gwf ,they forgot to add the changes for destroyer purpose :/
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I just had to go to the bathroom during a Tiamat fight and then the situation reminded me of this topic. I was still the 1st in the activity scoreboard.

I'm so glad I didn't get booted because I did my best in that fight.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Any shot we can get

Trickster Rogue: Can no longer 1 shot 90% of players while having 10-12k GS vs Bis players with a daily from stealth after ONE DAZE!!!!!

or maybe

Trickster Rogue: Now actually requires skill to play.

Great Weapon Fighter: No longer is a limp you know what with unstoppable and Destroyer builds determination worth a crud.

Guardian Fighter: No longer hits like a girl in pvp, Knight's Challenge does 50% less damage, Conq capstone does 20% more damage, Guarded assault actually does damage now, SOS not totally worthless

Cleric: ICD on healing capstone of 30 seconds

Control Wizard: No longer can have more DR than GF blocking + GWF unstoppable

Scorge Warlock: No longer sucks in pvp and can actually cast a spell in less than 15 seconds.

- Mod 5.1 - balanced PVP
  • k9madrushk9madrush Member Posts: 534 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    GWF needs more improvement
  • zevathonzevathon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, I gotta say, when I started, my friend said, "Go GWF, they're beast DPS." He had pre-nerf experience. He had to play his GWF himself to see how bad things are because he just assumed I sucked (well we can't discount that too lol). But I also have a CW now and it's vastly different how much more DPS the CW can bring. Even when min/maxing my build and using all the right abilities at the right times (gettin mah stacks rollin), the GWF is comparitively piddly DPS.

Send some love back to the GWF.
  • kominatchakominatcha Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    what about an increase in the GS requirement for entering tiamat's lair? if we cant switch and a good chunk of players being below 15k will be detrimental to earning linu's favour as it will now be a lottery with only the high GS instances getting anything then the lower ones being abandoned

I rarely suggest things in zone chat but I had an overwhelming agreement that the this campaign should not have a gs requirement or anything like that, but rather fighting Tiamat should be something you have to unlock and the end of the campaign, right before the "Prevent Tiamat's Return" campaign box. Maybe even require a successful run in ELOL and ESOT as well? As it stands you can have a week old character fighting Tiamat. This is not even close to end game content.
  • zildan7905zildan7905 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Zerg or 5 on 1 strategy....its all strategy in the end.

Wouldn't it instead be a nice change if you could, say, have a Guild with 25 players you know and have run dungeons with and get the job done who in this case could either Zerg, or delegate 5 parties one for each head?

Already I hear the complaints welling up in peoples heads about 'well if they had something like Guild Que for Timat then only some elitist bla bla high GS wah wah some group I cant get in (because whatever the reason)'. But yea, why not give a Guild Leader an option to Q as a Guild? It makes sense! Well, if their Guild /has/ 25 ppl in it lol... I could tell you this would dramatically increase recruitment into guilds :p
  • zildan7905zildan7905 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Get a group of 10kgs in there and they will fail every run. It can't be done that low and if it can't be done that low it needs a higher req.
    If they were all the same job they would fail. If they didn't know how to use their job they would fail. If they had a decent blend of Buff/Debuff/DPS and Support and good planning, they would NOT fail.
  • marysredmarysred Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Classes and Balance
    • General
      • Tenacity: Points in Tenacity are now worth roughly 36% more. Base Tenacity for all players remains unchanged at 10%.
    • Control Wizard
      • Chilling Advantage: The material components have been found and this feature now works correctly. Chilling.
    • Great Weapon Fighter
      • Destroyer's Purpose: Determination gain from this feat has been increased.
      • Destroyer's Purpose: Now caps at 10 stacks (down from 20) and grants 5% per stack (up from 2%).
      • Destroyer's Purpose: Now increases the damage of encounter powers by 20% (up from 10%).
    • Trickster Rogue
      • Stealth: Striking a player while you are stealthed will temporarily reveal you to the target you strike. This reveal lasts 2 seconds.
      • Last Moments: Now correctly benefits from putting points in this feat and correctly activates in all cases.
      • Master Infiltrator: Shocking Execution: Damage reduced by roughly 20%.
      • Shadowy Opportunity: This feat no longer improperly triggers multiple times on channeled powers such as Bloodbath.

Content and Environment
    • Well of Dragons
      • Factional Assets can no longer be abandoned.
      • There is more descriptive text as to where to find the items that can be donated. Talk to Elminster or interact with the donation cart for more information.
      • Resolved an issue with the Tiamat fight that could cause rewards to not be properly awarded in some cases if the map opened faster than the Event Logic could detect it.
      • Switching instances in the Temple of Tiamat has been disabled.
      • The door to the Temple of Tiamat is now easier to interact with.
      • The Temple of Tiamat now has an updated entry hall to allow for better organization of parties.
      • Tiamat's Hoard: Player investments to the Hoard will now be more impactful and chances at reaching higher tiers of investment are much better. Scaling for current population has been further adjusted to this effect as well.

Enemies
    • Tiamat: The Blue Dragon heads FX should more reliably draw on low end machines.

Items and Economy
    • Potions of Dragon Slaying and Scrolls of Protection from Dragons are now able to be equipped in your potion belt.
    • Resolved an issue that could cause level scaling items to not work properly if dyed or transmuted.
    • The Lathander artifact set bonus will now protect from injuries suffered due to death from falling.
    • Tyranny of Dragons Campaign: We have removed the Astral Diamond cost for the Adventuring Gear task and the items received will now be bound to account rather than bound to character.
    i cant stay logged in keeps disconnecting me from server patch not working???
    edited December 2014
    zildan7905 wrote: »
    If they were all the same job they would fail. If they didn't know how to use their job they would fail. If they had a decent blend of Buff/Debuff/DPS and Support and good planning, they would NOT fail.

Wow you quoted an old opinion of mine.
  • keado1keado1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i won a match with a group of 10-13k gs people the only time i have lost is when people talk more then they fight
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Slightly OT, but perhaps illustrative.

Today I was in a group that completed VT 2/2 with only four people. That's not the odd part: the makeup of our group was.

DC, TR, GWF, HR (I'm the HR). Of the others, two were 14k, one was 11k, and I was 24k. I'm assuming that our DC was a DPS build, because I sure as heck aren't (my HR is a tanky build). No CC to speak of, and yet on our second try we beat Valindra, even with adds all over the place. Don't ask me how we did it: when the wheels started coming off I started spamming Split Shot to pull the adds and pray that someone else had Valindra's number. I might have managed to get a Chromatic Storm token fired off once, but it was so crazy I don't remember. At any rate, I'm starting to think differently about what low-GS people can accomplish.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • talonofwindspeaktalonofwindspeak Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Try 3 TRs, 1 GF and 1 CW, Valindra was a quick pile of ash. No clue what GS scores were like (low I think), I was one of the TR's with just under 15k. We couldn't find the phylactery it well hidden, otherwise... :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.