test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Greater Bag of Holding Sale

user4035user4035 Member Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
edited January 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I was thinking of getting this or 1 of my toons.

But then I got a token for % off more companion slots. I figured....why should I buy an expensive zen bag when I can just buy more character slots and use their inventory?

Any thoughts?

The only bag I have bought to date is shared bank slots.
Post edited by user4035 on

Comments

• Options
    sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Only reason to have the bag is to carry stuff with you or off-load less frequently. The rest of it hardly needs analysis. Only you know what it is that best suits you.

Will say that I have spent quite a bit of cash on this game and never even considered buying a bag, even when I had leftover zen and couldn't think of anything I needed or wanted at the time. Had it been on sale at a reasonable price, I might have though.. It all comes down to whatever value it has to any given purchaser.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Unless the bag is going for less than 240 zen, pass on it. Dragon Cult Packs go for around 120k last i checked.

The only flaw in your character slot logic is bound to character items. That is the only reason I have ever considered getting additional bank slots. Even then, 16 slots for 600 zen, or just get a larger bag and carry it with me? Clear choice.

The zen store prices need a major overhaul. Prices on a lot of things need an overhaul. And for the love of all things holy, let us start storing costumes instead of having to find the item each time /soapbox
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for the response.
    Didn't even know about the Dragon Cult Packs. I'll just to get those and use the rest to buy some shard enchantment things.

The bound items do take up slots but I also got alot of potions, festival items, various enchants that sit around.
  • Options
    icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Also note that the availability of Dragon Hoard Packs has dragged down the cost of Greater Bags of Holding in the auction house. It'll still cost you a premium for those extra 4 slots, but at 255k AD it's much cheaper than converting AD to zen to buy it.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have 20 characters with their own guild banks (though 10 might not have paid for slots yet), a fair amount of shared bank space, quite a bit of personal bank space, 5 or 4 total bag space depending on my main characters. I still sometimes have issues with bag space =/. 2x rp cleared up some space though.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I have to mention this:

A day after making this thread the discount on the greater bag of holding changed from 40% to 25%. So instead of 600zen its up to 750.

I don't think I'll be posting much on the forums anymore since its quite evident its used as some kind of bug/exploit report mechanizim. I hate being a beta tester.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    As I get more Greater Bags, they trickle on down through my characters. I can never have too many bags of holding! I have a lot of characters though...

user4035 wrote: »
    I have to mention this:

A day after making this thread the discount on the greater bag of holding changed from 40% to 25%. So instead of 600zen its up to 750.

I don't think I'll be posting much on the forums anymore since its quite evident its used as some kind of bug/exploit report mechanizim. I hate being a beta tester.
    It wasn't 40% off. Last thursday, it went on sale for 25% off (1000-250=750). Character slots are 600zen, perhaps you've tossed the price around by mistake?
  • Options
    tagnusironsordtagnusironsord Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Actually, they were 40% off for a couple of days, ending a day or two ago. Now they are 25% off.
  • Options
    charmagmacharmagma Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You can also make an alt, get some people to help you form a shell guild then use the guild bank for non-bound items.
  • Options
    zevathonzevathon Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    He might have been confused? He said Companion slot on the OP. Perhaps he was looking at the additional Idle Companion slots or early-unlock items for ZEN?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    zevathon wrote: »
    He might have been confused? He said Companion slot on the OP. Perhaps he was looking at the additional Idle Companion slots or early-unlock items for ZEN?

Already old news but no, like another post said, it was 40% off for about 2 days then it was changed to 25% off.
    zebular wrote: »
    As I get more Greater Bags, they trickle on down through my characters. I can never have too many bags of holding! I have a lot of characters though...

This is important information. I just assumed the bags were bound to character.
    charmagma wrote: »
    You can also make an alt, get some people to help you form a shell guild then use the guild bank for non-bound items.

I actually helped someone do this a while back.
    I remember him groaning about it costing alot of astrial diamonds though. Something like 500k? Is this true?
    The guild registrar does not mention this.

Or maybe its just 500k to open the bank account. ?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    user4035 wrote: »
    I actually helped someone do this a while back.
    I remember him groaning about it costing alot of astrial diamonds though. Something like 500k? Is this true?
    The guild registrar does not mention this.

Or maybe its just 500k to open the bank account. ?
    Creating a guild is free. However the first guild bank tab costs like 150-200k, second costs a little more and so on for each tab. I forget the actual amounts off hand but the first couple tabs at least are under 500k.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    First guild bank tab is 150k
    Second is 300k
    Third is 450K

Not sure after that but I assume it follows the same pattern of increases.
    Opening those first couple of tabs is definitely a cost effective way to get extra storage for non-bound stuff, assuming you can be bothered to create your own private guild (it needs 5 people).