test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion Unbinding Agent

soullesslordssoullesslords Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Unbinding Agent

I think it would be a good idea to have an Unbinding Agent somewhere in protectors that we can go to and pay a small fee to have things Unbound.

Example: $1000 Astral Diamonds to Unbind from Character to Account so we can give certain items to our other Characters that we have outgrown.

Also have one to unbind from account so that things can be sold or traded that are no longer needed

Example: $2500 Astral Diamonds to unbind from Account so that it can be sold on the AH or traded this would give new life to old Items that you have outgrown or no longer needed like companions or mounts or Artifacts.

just a thought what do you guys think?
Post edited by soullesslords on

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Horrible idea.

1) Makes it less work to gear alts = less time needed to gear alts = players leave sooner
    2) Incentivizes hacking peoples accounts, now they can unbind all your gear to make more of a profit to sell off on 3rd party sites
    3) The devs have already said no repeatedly.
  • looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    All work invested on a character should stay on this character. I dont like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like shizophrenic role players.
  • grumblesmorfgrumblesmorf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just keeping them bound to account would be kind of cool. Funny **** story: I got all excited when I heard about artifact belts being cheap after mod 5, so I went and bought one on my my DC, my main I guess you could say. Definitely the one I play the most and my first anyway. But for whatever reason I was thinking at the time that CHA was the healing stat so I bought that and started refining it. Then I had my coffee or just stopped being stupid and realized I should've bought the WIS belt. So that artifact belt with a few levels of RP poured into it ended up just being used as more RP for the correct belt which I had no refining stones left for, and I learned a valuable lesson about not wasting money on things I don't actually need. Would've been nice if I could've sent it over to my Warlock instead. At least my DC is a little closer to completing that set I guess.

I don't think it would make hacking accounts any more attractive if you kept them account bound, would it? I don't see how it would anyway, but I don't know a lot about that. They want to take your gear and sell it right, but all they'd be able to do is salvage it which they could do anyway?

I do agree that it makes things a lot easier though, and perhaps too much so but I dunno. A lot of things you get that are bound at for your class only anyway like from a DD chest for example. It's just a shame to see some of those nicer things like ancient/grand versions of the neck/waist/ring items having to be used for salvage or RP when your other characters could really use the upgrade. But as it is now, it's not like it's really all that hard to get them anyway. I just have to salvage them and use the profits from that to help buy one off the AH. It just feels kind of clunky when I've already got the item but the character who it's bound to doesn't need it.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'd be happy if I could unbind non-useful items without having to discard them -- like transmutes and costume items. All those ToD cloaks and weapon transmutes are killing me for bank space. It would be terrific if I could just create a mule toon and move them there!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • grumblesmorfgrumblesmorf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't get how it incentives hacking accounts if you're talking about just unbinding it from your characters and keeping it bound to account.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I could get behind some method of making a 'bound to character' item into a 'bound to account' one, but that's about as far as I'd go. Any generic "unbinding" item or service is just asking to be abused by a hacker...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Actually the binding system is "unnatural", even if its standard practice in MMOs. Items come unbound but if you equip them, they become bound. This way you cant pass old gear to your alts or sell it. People are actually debating to use drops or sell them, because you can't do both - its either use or sell. This also twists the economy and inflates prices, people set high prices on items which are defined as "big tickets" and only the whales buy them. Unbinding would solve all that.

TL/DR - unbinding is welcomed.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    vadimt83 wrote: »
    Actually the binding system is "unnatural", even if its standard practice in MMOs. Items come unbound but if you equip them, they become bound. This way you cant pass old gear to your alts or sell it. People are actually debating to use drops or sell them, because you can't do both - its either use or sell. This also twists the economy and inflates prices, people set high prices on items which are defined as "big tickets" and only the whales buy them. Unbinding would solve all that.

Binding is "necessary" because it pulls items out of circulation - if you want to discuss "unnatural", consider how many copies of "unique" items are floating around - now consider what state the market would be in if items reflected their true scarcity, but never became bound; Once someone had a unique item, no one else could get it.

As mentioned, the binding of items provides a level of security for players, too.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited December 2014
    vadimt83 wrote: »

The better solution that is used in most mmo, which allows a balanced economy, combat, and less loot drama, is that if it's purple or above it's bound to character on acquire. I would support this with gear, runestones, and enchantments. It makes for a better game where you are no longer balancing the gear on the ah.
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    The better solution that is used in most mmo, which allows a balanced economy, combat, and less loot drama, is that if it's purple or above it's bound to character on acquire. I would support this with gear, runestones, and enchantments. It makes for a better game where you are no longer balancing the gear on the ah.

Binding enchants and runestones is horrible idea. NWO had this in the beginning, not working.
    About bop gear: Nwo has already too much bop gear items, draconic templar, etc. It's good sometimes (like MC/VT offhand and in chests), and horrible sometimes (just remember those icewind dale HE drops - better solution would be boa).
    The problem is, that you cant make AD as the game sands now, since everything from dungeons are cheap (Full avatar set is under 100k, everything else is cheaper than salvage). What we need is more boe thing from dungeons, like CN was. Or else F2P is going to be extinct. And we still need ad for pets, potencys, cube of A's etc.

For unbinding stuff: just no, we need some way, to make the game to more alt friendly, but this is not the solution.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
    edited December 2014
    blazious11 wrote: »
    Binding enchants and runestones is horrible idea. NWO had this in the beginning, not working.
    About bop gear: Nwo has already too much bop gear items, draconic templar, etc. It's good sometimes (like MC/VT offhand and in chests), and horrible sometimes (just remember those icewind dale HE drops - better solution would be boa).
    The problem is, that you cant make AD as the game sands now, since everything from dungeons are cheap (Full avatar set is under 100k, everything else is cheaper than salvage). What we need is more boe thing from dungeons, like CN was. Or else F2P is going to be extinct. And we still need ad for pets, potencys, cube of A's etc.

For unbinding stuff: just no, we need some way, to make the game to more alt friendly, but this is not the solution.

Here's the thing though it works on other games. Making ad, yeah if you only look for selling big ticket items is harder now, guess what that's not how you make ad now. If things were bound and after the initial fallout if things were balanced for it, it would get much much better. Think about it. I'll give you an example of one of the biggest games that it works for. WoW. Love it or hate it WoW has been the top of the industry for years now in terms of success. It has it's problems true. But need vs greed works there, and there is no real loot drama about "don't need that dungeon gear, I want to sell it on the ah" because once you loot it, it's bound. So less drama, an economy that can be balanced, and a great feeling when you loot that elusive gear you've been looking for. Really hard to see the downside in this for players that want to play the game for their loot rather than buy it with real money. Real money would still have it's uses both in the zen shop and for ad. You'd still want to buy marks, cubes, companion upgrades, lower level enchants to help rank up your purples etc. I've been saying since beta that the boe concept that neverwinter has used was a major flaw in this game and I stick to that opinion.
  • soullesslordssoullesslords Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm still for an unbinding agent even if it is just for account but as for the hacking defense if they are going to hack the game they can dupe or make things unbound easier than hacking your account and without drawing attention to them selves. and as for getting gear most of all my drops are for some other character besides mine if i could get drops for the one I'm playing great but if i get a drop for other characters then let me sell it or give it to one of my other character if needed after all i acquired it honestly and should be able to sell trade or auction it but no most are bind on pickup and for other characters.
  • rarefactionrarefaction Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    looomis wrote: »
    All work invested on a character should stay on this character. I dont like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like shizophrenic role players.

I have 7 characters. All different classes. Most are lvl 60. You know what this means? I have knowledge on what everyone's encounters are, what they could possibly do next, what moves and this has made me a more understanding player :) What you frown on is another person's smile.
  • kittykaboomboomkittykaboomboom Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    and the reason most were changed to BOP was;
    I need it for my alt,
    I need it for my companion,
    I need it to sell.
    and my favorite.
    because I can roll need on it.so I will
    edited December 2014
    Boe worked well in guild runs, Boe items were sold, everyone got the same amount of AD, everyone's time was rewarded. Given the recent RNG, you can go 100 run, and DON'T get the reward you want. But, you can still farm AD, sell stuff, and buy the thing, that you NEED instead of the thing that you get with RNG. How to buy artifacts? Buy 200+ keys, and pray to drop blue dragon heart? How to level up pets, when leveling one costs 500+750k?
    OR, you have the set item from 1st run, you maybe wont ever go to that dungeon again. If you can farm AD, you will.
    Just see pug runs in VT, MC - "no you cant need the offhand, i need it for 10k salvage. You press need? Kick." (Another reason to not go with pugs) - People would still want the stuff for 10k salvage.
    Real money would still have it's uses both in the zen shop and for ad. You'd still want to buy marks, cubes, companion upgrades, lower level enchants to help rank up your purples etc. I've been saying since beta that the boe concept that neverwinter has used was a major flaw in this game and I stick to that opinion.

I'd still want to buy marks, but how? I dont have the real money to buy Zen. I have time to farm some AD, but from where? All the dungeons are just killed from t1 to T2, VT, CN, MC. No AD anymore. People dont go t2 anymore, they buy the set for 50k, 2 days refine, and dont even learn how to play with their charachters! Now? They buy t2, come to Tiamat with 11k, with no clue, how their chars works, because they could just buy t2 stuff cheaply. (thats Tiamats fault, not BOE) Now, t2 Stuff from Tiamat should've been BOP or BOA, that would make sense. Some salvage reward, or alt helping, but what it did just ruined T2 dungeons.
    I can salvage 24k a day, or pray for real rare RNG drops. So, wait for 4 days for 1 greater mark of potency? That is the death of F2P IMO.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Given the recent RNG, you can go 100 run, and DON'T get the reward you want. But, you can still farm AD, sell stuff, and buy the thing, that you NEED instead of the thing that you get with RNG.
    So the RNG needs to be fixed, not solve one problem by introducing another.
    Unbinding prices can be dependent on how long you own the gear. Own something for year = unbinding cost 0, own less than a day = 1M AD.
    edited December 2014
    Boe worked well in guild runs, Boe items were sold, everyone got the same amount of AD, everyone's time was rewarded. Given the recent RNG, you can go 100 run, and DON'T get the reward you want. But, you can still farm AD, sell stuff, and buy the thing, that you NEED instead of the thing that you get with RNG. How to buy artifacts? Buy 200+ keys, and pray to drop blue dragon heart? How to level up pets, when leveling one costs 500+750k?
    OR, you have the set item from 1st run, you maybe wont ever go to that dungeon again. If you can farm AD, you will.
    Just see pug runs in VT, MC - "no you cant need the offhand, i need it for 10k salvage. You press need? Kick." (Another reason to not go with pugs) - People would still want the stuff for 10k salvage.

I'd still want to buy marks, but how? I dont have the real money to buy Zen. I have time to farm some AD, but from where? All the dungeons are just killed from t1 to T2, VT, CN, MC. No AD anymore. People dont go t2 anymore, they buy the set for 50k, 2 days refine, and dont even learn how to play with their charachters! Now? They buy t2, come to Tiamat with 11k, with no clue, how their chars works, because they could just buy t2 stuff cheaply. (thats Tiamats fault, not BOE) Now, t2 Stuff from Tiamat should've been BOP or BOA, that would make sense. Some salvage reward, or alt helping, but what it did just ruined T2 dungeons.
    I can salvage 24k a day, or pray for real rare RNG drops. So, wait for 4 days for 1 greater mark of potency? That is the death of F2P IMO.
    You need to learn how to make AD then. I've made somewhere near a million in the past week alone playing very casually and actually not even logging in a few nights as I've been playing sto.
    edited December 2014
    You need to learn how to make AD then. I've made somewhere near a million in the past week alone playing very casually and actually not even logging in a few nights as I've been playing sto.

I can make AD, not much as before, but still viable amount. But where the game goes now, it won't be possible soon.
    Nothing worths much, only very rare RNG stuff and RP. But you cant farm RP, I wont farm or bot foundries, and I'm sure I won't buy 800 Zen Blood rubies. You can't farm RP (no foundry/bot way), and you cant farm AD to buy RP.
    It would change, if devs created some way, to get RP, from chests etc, not just 1 reso stone from Tiamat, thats not helpful at all, more like humiliating. But right now, it creates a deep gap between F2p and paying players, that did'nt existed before. (And blood rubies are stupid expensive)

Also, t2 prices hurt the beginners much more. It looks that it's good, that t2 are cheap, but it's really hurt them. They could farm the sets anyway, but now, they can't sell the stuff they get and dont need. Getting t2 is easy, but they won't be able to go further. What should they do, to evolve their chars, since MC VT etc doesnt woth the time, so they come to Tiamat right away, no soulforge, no weapon encha.
    How will they get weapon enchantment? It was hard enough, to put it together, when wards cost 100-200k in mod 2. It was fun, and a good goal, and possible. Now with 500k wards? If all stuff become bop, beginners wont be able to raise the money for a weapon enchantment for free, like...ever. So it hurts them more, than it hurts me.
    There is nothing now, no high end insta, no low end insta, only Tiamat.
    edited December 2014
    I can make AD, not much as before, but still viable amount. But where the game goes now, it won't be possible soon.
    Nothing worths much, only very rare RNG stuff and RP. But you cant farm RP, I wont farm or bot foundries, and I'm sure I won't buy 800 Zen Blood rubies. You can't farm RP (no foundry/bot way), and you cant farm AD to buy RP.
    It would change, if devs created some way, to get RP, from chests etc, not just 1 reso stone from Tiamat, thats not helpful at all, more like humiliating. But right now, it creates a deep gap between F2p and paying players, that did'nt existed before. (And blood rubies are stupid expensive)

Also, t2 prices hurt the beginners much more. It looks that it's good, that t2 are cheap, but it's really hurt them. They could farm the sets anyway, but now, they can't sell the stuff they get and dont need. Getting t2 is easy, but they won't be able to go further. What should they do, to evolve their chars, since MC VT etc doesnt woth the time, so they come to Tiamat right away, no soulforge, no weapon encha.
    How will they get weapon enchantment? It was hard enough, to put it together, when wards cost 100-200k in mod 2. It was fun, and a good goal, and possible. Now with 500k wards? If all stuff become bop, beginners wont be able to raise the money for a weapon enchantment for free, like...ever. So it hurts them more, than it hurts me.
    There is nothing now, no high end insta, no low end insta, only Tiamat.

Defeatest attitude and you only find defeat. Somehow I'm not surprised.
    edited December 2014
    don't know how you can say that was a defeated attitude if your making that much a week then you are hacking or you have so much unbound stones to sell and if you say you are doing this by casually playing the game then i say prove it pop some screen shots and instead of pointing out others downfalls as you see them then try helping out with some tutorials but I'm guessing you won't.
    edited December 2014
    don't know how you can say that was a defeated attitude if your making that much a week then you are hacking or you have so much unbound stones to sell and if you say you are doing this by casually playing the game then i say prove it pop some screen shots and instead of pointing out others downfalls as you see them then try helping out with some tutorials but I'm guessing you won't.
    Leadership army
    Selling more small drops instead of just large ones
    Easy as can be.
    edited December 2014

and your last quote to me was
    Leadership army
    Selling more small drops instead of just large ones
    Easy as can be.

so lets break this down shall we the math has been done credit to kyoushunsui so here you go

So 10 alts in total.

Two of my 10 alts are right now level 60 and Leadership level ~15 which with a little finagling means they both have 6 slots open. The others are all level ~11-19 and Leadership level ~10 or so which means they have 4 slots open.

I do not use any colored assets, I do everything with guards and footmen I've made by myself. For tools I use the worn swords and worn armor from the vendor. The only coloreds I have are bought master plate-smiths which I use to open up the 100% speed slot on everybody.

So here we go: The two level 60s do 3 Battle undead and 3 Protect Caravan 3 times a day, while the others do 3 Battle Undead and 1 Protect Caravan 3 times a day.

Battle undead is 6 hours, Protect Caravan is 2 hours, so there is more than enough time in the day for me to quickly check into the gateway, set professions for everybody, close tab and done. I do this once in the morning, noon and evening. If I get a chance and am not lazy I will refresh the Protect Caravans also more often than that since they are 2 hours.

Calculations:

6 slots: 400 + 400 + 400 + 200 + 200 + 200 = 1,600 x 3 times a day = 4,800 x 2 alts = 9,600 a day

4 slots: 400 + 400 + 400 + 200 = 1,400 x 3 times a day = 4,200 x 8 alt = 33,600 a day

Total: 43,200 a day x 7 days = 302,400 a week.

Why do I go to per week? Because my guys are all praying in the morning, so this means they get a Coffer of augmentation every 7 days which they sell for ~25-30k on the auction house, plus the ad from praying.

Level 60s: 1,000 per day x 2 alts x 7 days = 14,000 per week

Level 10-20s: average 200 per day x 8 alts x 7 days: = 11,200 per week

Coffers: 25k x 10 alts: 250k per week

Grand total: 302,400 + 14,000 + 11,200 + 250,000 = 577,600 per week

Keep in mind I'm also doing dailies and selling any prof mats from chests

best you can do is half a Million a week and that's not casual playing that's logging in every 2 hours for the protect caravan and preying at most would be destroy enemy camp @ 1600ad every 12 hours

so I say you are full of it especially with Tiamat destroying dungeon runs because all the new players can get everything from just doing that and not have to put out any effort not to mention totally skipping most of the game.

so again I say let us unbind things if nothing ells make it account bound.
    edited December 2014
    Thanks, I will tell the beginners in my guild, to make some alts, go for leadership 20, and in a half year, they will have some decent income. And leadership is so much fun.
    so I say you are full of it especially with Tiamat destroying dungeon runs because all the new players can get everything from just doing that and not have to put out any effort not to mention totally skipping most of the game.

They cant get everything. They can get t2, which they could farm anyway, and learn to play while theye were doing it. I could help them with my char. And then, what? No weapon/armor encha, etc. Stuck with rank 6, which is still fine, but they cant make AD from t2 drop sells.

In some cases, it would make sense. For example IWD drops should've been boa in the first case.
    For pets? You can buy rare for 1200 zen, purple 2500, so it would make sense, to put boa token between the 2 prices.
    Or it would be maybe better, to optionally buy the pet for double amount, and make it account wide (like HR SW packs, they contain an Ac wide pet).
    For Artifact belts/neck? It would be better, if they introducesd some new way, to earn RP, instead of Boa token.
    For Artifacts? You have already decent set of free artifacts from IWD. They can used for rp, if not wanted.

I would suggest, that instead of unbinding, make it BOA some items in the first time (HE drops, pets as I suggested), but Making it tottally unbound and sellable is generally a bad idea as others suggested, because of AH prices, item circulation and account hacking.
    edited December 2014
    and your last quote to me was

so lets break this down shall we the math has been done credit to kyoushunsui so here you go

So 10 alts in total.

Two of my 10 alts are right now level 60 and Leadership level ~15 which with a little finagling means they both have 6 slots open. The others are all level ~11-19 and Leadership level ~10 or so which means they have 4 slots open.

I do not use any colored assets, I do everything with guards and footmen I've made by myself. For tools I use the worn swords and worn armor from the vendor. The only coloreds I have are bought master plate-smiths which I use to open up the 100% speed slot on everybody.

So here we go: The two level 60s do 3 Battle undead and 3 Protect Caravan 3 times a day, while the others do 3 Battle Undead and 1 Protect Caravan 3 times a day.

Battle undead is 6 hours, Protect Caravan is 2 hours, so there is more than enough time in the day for me to quickly check into the gateway, set professions for everybody, close tab and done. I do this once in the morning, noon and evening. If I get a chance and am not lazy I will refresh the Protect Caravans also more often than that since they are 2 hours.

Calculations:

6 slots: 400 + 400 + 400 + 200 + 200 + 200 = 1,600 x 3 times a day = 4,800 x 2 alts = 9,600 a day

4 slots: 400 + 400 + 400 + 200 = 1,400 x 3 times a day = 4,200 x 8 alt = 33,600 a day

Total: 43,200 a day x 7 days = 302,400 a week.

Why do I go to per week? Because my guys are all praying in the morning, so this means they get a Coffer of augmentation every 7 days which they sell for ~25-30k on the auction house, plus the ad from praying.

Level 60s: 1,000 per day x 2 alts x 7 days = 14,000 per week

Level 10-20s: average 200 per day x 8 alts x 7 days: = 11,200 per week

Coffers: 25k x 10 alts: 250k per week

Grand total: 302,400 + 14,000 + 11,200 + 250,000 = 577,600 per week

Keep in mind I'm also doing dailies and selling any prof mats from chests

best you can do is half a Million a week and that's not casual playing that's logging in every 2 hours for the protect caravan and preying at most would be destroy enemy camp @ 1600ad every 12 hours

Sounds like you know how to get more income, add more alts, get better assets. Also get the alts to level 60 character and level 20 leadership.
    edited December 2014
    Sounds like you know how to get more income, add more alts, get better assets. Also get the alts to level 60 character and level 20 leadership.

Really all my stuff is maxed out read this was from kyoushunsui credit goes to him for breaking it all down why don't you try and give some real answers that work I get what I need from the game or through purchase but clamping down on drops and BOP WITHOUT having away to unbind is not the way.

again you missed the point I'm saying YOU don't make close to 1 MILLION AD like you said you do.

everyone is worried about hacking it's happening all around us people are duplicating items all over the AH and using exploits and BOTS to farm with what I'm saying is regular players need away to unbind items as they need to for what ever they need to and as for drops 70% of what you get is for the wrong class that you are playing at least let me pass the drop to one of my other ALTS after all I EARNED IT BY PLAYING THE GAME not to mention all the real world money I have spent on this game just to purchase an Item that I had drop on the wrong character I don't know about you but I'm tired of getting TR junk that I cant use or sell YES I know I can salvage it and I do but the point is I should be able to do with it what I want once I get it.
    edited December 2014
    Really all my stuff is maxed out read this was from kyoushunsui credit goes to him for breaking it all down why don't you try and give some real answers that work I get what I need from the game or through purchase but clamping down on drops and BOP WITHOUT having away to unbind is not the way.

again you missed the point I'm saying YOU don't make close to 1 MILLION AD like you said you do.

everyone is worried about hacking it's happening all around us people are duplicating items all over the AH and using exploits and BOTS to farm with what I'm saying is regular players need away to unbind items as they need to for what ever they need to and as for drops 70% of what you get is for the wrong class that you are playing at least let me pass the drop to one of my other ALTS after all I EARNED IT BY PLAYING THE GAME not to mention all the real world money I have spent on this game just to purchase an Item that I had drop on the wrong character I don't know about you but I'm tired of getting TR junk that I cant use or sell YES I know I can salvage it and I do but the point is I should be able to do with it what I want once I get it.

Ok Mr Ego who thinks he has my password somehow :rolleyes:

btw leadership isn't all there is.

This week I've looted and sold

3 x artifact belts for between 60-70k
    2 x AD helms for between 60-70k
    5 x 4-8k whatevers

This is just the stuff I can remember from the top of my head from loot for the week. There was more.

So what I remember is at least 320k ad in sales from this week. Then since I get about 15k per leadership toon in rad a day and 10 characters. That's 15000*10*7=1,050,000

So I guess you were right I said 1 mllion it was more like 1.3 million.
    edited December 2014
    Ok Mr Ego who thinks he has my password somehow :rolleyes:

btw leadership isn't all there is.

This week I've looted and sold

3 x artifact belts for between 60-70k
    2 x AD helms for between 60-70k
    5 x 4-8k whatevers

This is just the stuff I can remember from the top of my head from loot for the week. There was more.

So what I remember is at least 320k ad in sales from this week. Then since I get about 15k per leadership toon in rad a day and 10 characters. That's 15000*10*7=1,050,000

So I guess you were right I said 1 mllion it was more like 1.3 million.

again you make comments that are not true I never said nor do I have your account password and as for believing you it's never going to happen you cant back up what you say so no point in taking this thread further.
    edited December 2014
    again you make comments that are not true I never said nor do I have your account password and as for believing you it's never going to happen you cant back up what you say so no point in taking this thread further.

Sorry you're so defeatist. It's honestly pretty sad, considering I've spelled out exactly how to get the numbers I'm claiming. I'm not doing it for you, you're a lost cause that has insulted me repeatedly, I'm doing it so that others that aren't a lost cause can learn.
    if your making that much a week then you are hacking or you have so much unbound stones to sell
    I don't appreciate being called an exploiter. It's a bad insult imo.
    you missed the point I'm saying YOU don't make close to 1 MILLION AD like you said you do.

Then called me a liar. So once again. This isn't for you. It's to show those that might actually want to learn how they can still make some AD how it's still possible with prep work of leveling alts and professions. You don't want to learn however, you just want the dev's to give you ad on a silver platter.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So its pretty clear that the OP really only wants the ability to unbind things as a source of income. Problem is, it wont work that way. If you give everyone the ability to unbind anything, nothing will be rare, and therefore nothing will have any value. The rarest drops will quickly become the most heavily farmed, and therefore suffer the greatest devaluation. You might make money, for a couple of weeks, but it will end quickly.

This is similar to the arguments about raising the refine limit. It wont get you any more AD because the value of AD will change. Sure you'll have more of it, but everything will also cost more.
    edited December 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    So its pretty clear that the OP really only wants the ability to unbind things as a source of income.

No not at all my point is more than just drops that are BOP or DROPS that are for the wrong class it extends to the ZEN MARKET when I buy items from the ZEN market like companions and I put them on my CW and then when a new MOD comes out and we have a FORCED RESPEC. and that cause me to have to buy a new companion why not have the ability to UNBIND TO ACCOUNT so that I can use it on another character after all I paid for it not to mention that we get the mounts across all characters.

you guys are missing the point I don't care if it's unbound completely that would be nice but just at least give us the ability to do more with our stuff account wide.