What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond Farming

2»

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Not by getting RAD from professions.

Say you run Lostmauth every day. That's a daily dungeon, plus Lord Protector every 6 days, plus salvaging whatever bound items you got in the chest (free one during DD, and/or using a free daily key).

Now say you also do some Tuern during skirmishes. 1k per run, plus credit for daily quests. More salvage?

Or you're a PvPer... that's good for a few dailies, and not much choice but to salvage gear to use up Glory if you don't need to feed any artifacts.

People who run a lot of content can make a lot of RAD without using Leadership at all.
    proffessions are great for rad, but not if you only have them on a couple toons. You have to get a leadership army to really get the ad flowing. Unless you get a lucky high price drop to sell. No character can make as much in an evenings playtime as a leadership army can in a day.
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    proffessions are great for rad, but not if you only have them on a couple toons. You have to get a leadership army to really get the ad flowing. Unless you get a lucky high price drop to sell. No character can make as much in an evenings playtime as a leadership army can in a day.

7 chars gets you 150k ad per day gives you 1.05 mil per week. I think that is plenty of ad, you add into that 2k from invocation for every toon. It does take around 3 months to lvl leadership to 20, but only takes few minutes everyday.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well if you are doing it ingame then that's the reason it takes so long, tasks now complete 1 by 1 ingame and not all instantly like before when finished. On gateway they still complete instantly when finished so you don't waste those couple of secs there waiting to pick up rewards 1 by 1.

Yes and I hate that "update." The problem with the gateway is that you cannot manage inventory (such as when your bags get full) - unless there is some sort of virtual store and bank where you can sell/store easily.

The in-game delay in profession task completion does more to annoy legitimate players than bots. Bots will compensate/accommodate to this change easily. The rest of us deal with an annoying anti-bot measure that does very little to hinder bots, but pisses off the legitimate players! Ugh.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Yes and I hate that "update." The problem with the gateway is that you cannot manage inventory (such as when your bags get full) - unless there is some sort of virtual store and bank where you can sell/store easily.

The in-game delay in profession task completion does more to annoy legitimate players than bots. Bots will compensate/accommodate to this change easily. The rest of us deal with an annoying anti-bot measure that does very little to hinder bots, but pisses off the legitimate players! Ugh.
    That's an anti-bot measure, ugh I thought it was a weird bug that hadn't been fixed.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have 7 and it takes me like 20 mins total. I might have one day 8-9, but I will never have the max, Its too boring to do that.

But its a nice steady income, even if your not min/maxing the amount of AD you can get, dont sweat, having 14-16k a day come in is better then nothing on each toon. It does take several months for me to get max leadership, during that time I do the 5 X 400 tasks about 3 times a day for 6k AD, still better then nothing.

Especially now, since its basically grind for boons, grind for favors, do a round of dragon and repeat. There is no time for actual AD making in the game, or very little of it, I do get salvage purples.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    That's an anti-bot measure, ugh I thought it was a weird bug that hadn't been fixed.

not only is it odd, I think it does nothing against the bots, it does however make players upset.
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You can sell/discard from the gateway, you just can't access the bank. However, even selling is somewhat annoying that I don't even bother.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    The problem with the gateway is that you cannot manage inventory (such as when your bags get full) - unless there is some sort of virtual store and bank where you can sell/store easily.

You can sell items from the gateway, and discard them, and sort your inventory (auto sort, nothing manual).
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You can sell items from the gateway, and discard them, and sort your inventory (auto sort, nothing manual).

Well the ability to sell helps. . .

I only tried the gateway once - didn't really explore it fully, as it seemed a bit lacking . . . :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • proxiehunterproxiehunter Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2014
    I don't get what you do with all that rough AD either. I guess it's so you can be lazy about it once you build up a buffer and not have to worry about setting anything at all sometimes while still being able to make AD? To me it seems like it makes more sense to ignore leadership entirely and focus on crafting things that you can sell on the AH. I've only been playing this for a couple months now though so I'm probably missing something obvious here.

Maybe it's the professions I'm in or the level I'm at but prices for selling items crafted with professions seem screwy in a lot of cases. Or I guess they were. I just checked to get my numbers right and residuum has gone way down in price. A couple weeks ago Residuum was selling for a thousand AD per unit, a leather helm +2 that took 2 units I'd have to price under a 100 AD to move. Incidentally, it still looks like the 2 units of residuum a leather helm +2 takes to create sell for more in the auction house than the **** helm does but it's not nearly as drastic.

But that does bring up another matter, pay attention to the auction house especially when an event like the winter festival gives us new items to craft. I noticed at the start of the festival that Light Clusters were selling for incredibly high prices. For some reason you could sell light clusters for far more AD than you could anything you could craft with them. I have no idea what people were doing with the Light Clusters I sold since it would have been cheaper for them to buy Lightwine or lures directly instead of buying expensive Light Clusters and crafting them but I made over 100,000 AD in about two days before the market tanked.