test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

EASY Solution to Bots Spam

borrowedtime1borrowedtime1 Member Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Ever wonder why there's 0 bots spam in Well of Dragons, Icewind Dale, Sharandar?

Level 60 requirement - that's it. Just make LFG Channel in Protector's Enclave Level 60 Restricted. In terms of practicality this makes sense as over 90%, if not higher, of the PE LFG is used by level 60. Lower level characters normally LFG in their respective zone or use Auto Queue function (GS does not mean much at lower level Dungeons; I think people just want to complete their quest/farm whatever they want). LFG Channel is intended to be used for grouping, not talking about random things/trading/advertising..

And please don't say there's "technical limitations" again, we know it's possible to code anything given the time. Just put some time into it and give us that.
Post edited by borrowedtime1 on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Except that it's Zone and Trade chat where most of the spammers post in...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • proxiehunterproxiehunter Member Posts: 15
    edited December 2014
    My highest level character is currently 43, I've never used Zone to find a group and rarely used autoqueue. Looking for Group is right there and that's what it's for so when I want a group I usually use Looking for Group. And I'm usually in within a couple minutes so it seems to me like LFG is the channel most used to LF a G. As it's intended to be. I rarely see anyone looking for a group outside of the LFG channel and would have assumed they were accidently posting to the wrong channel if I had.

And like bioshrike said, that's not where most of the spam comes from anyway. It's zone, trade, tells, and my mailbox.
  • borrowedtime1borrowedtime1 Member Posts: 131 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Except that it's Zone and Trade chat where most of the spammers post in...
    My highest level character is currently 43, I've never used Zone to find a group and rarely used autoqueue. Looking for Group is right there and that's what it's for so when I want a group I usually use Looking for Group. And I'm usually in within a couple minutes so it seems to me like LFG is the channel most used to LF a G. As it's intended to be. I rarely see anyone looking for a group outside of the LFG channel and would have assumed they were accidently posting to the wrong channel if I had.

And like bioshrike said, that's not where most of the spam comes from anyway. It's zone, trade, tells, and my mailbox.
    They could also restrict PE Zone Chat to level 60, too. Would that help then?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for the suggestions! In the future, such feedback can be sent via Private Message to any Community Staff Member. However topics of bad player behavior are generally not allowed.

Please continue to report these spammers in game by either the report spam button or by right-clicking their name in chat and selecting report spam. For tips on reporting botters and other bad players, please look at our stickies, like this one. Thanks!

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.