test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do any Roleplayers play this game, at all?

czerwona33czerwona33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
I wonder if any roleplayers play this game at all, even though they are pretty much extinct in all these modern games... I mean mature-minded people who really know how to roleplay, are not moody drama-queens, and think that games are supposed to be fun for everyone and not just trolling/spamming/spending money/power-levelling.

If there's any of this kind left, please PM me or email me at czerwona33@hotmail.com :) And we can create a storyline to RP, or even just casually play together.
Post edited by czerwona33 on

Comments

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    There are but it is certainly the minority of players. I believe there are a few roleplay guilds and roleplay communities that you could check out but unfortunately I don't know these off the top of my head.

Somebody else will likely be able to point them out though. :)
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is a serious question?

Of course there are, plenty.
    Can send me a message ingame @dragoncrest0
    And I can help direct you, I cannot think of anything off the top of my head right now (not ingame yet)
  • Options
    pmabrahampmabraham Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    We have people in the BloodGuard guild role playing (of note, mature, typically over 30 years old players).
  • Options
    avengingangel93avengingangel93 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would say I'm a pretty serious roleplayer. I do it often and have lots of fun; there are small niches of roleplay, they just have to be found. Feel free to PM me ingame: @avengingangel93.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    I am a role-player but not of the "chat room" nature anymore. I don't enjoy sitting around and RPing through chat anymore. Instead, for the past decade in my MMOs, I am just always in-character when I am out and about in game, kinda like a cosplayer at a convention. In that analogy, the game would be the convention and my characters are my costumes. If someone approaches me and they're obviously not roleplaying, I of course won't subject them to my in-character nature but will chat with them out of character.
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There are quite a few roleplayers around. I am the leader of a roleplay guild called "Keepers of the Radiant Flame" which has an active plot running.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There are a lot. They just don't spend their time in Moonstone Mask as before. At least that's what I noticed. Used to like watching people roleplay in MM, before it got flooded by trolls. They are all probably roleplay in foundries now, that is my wild guess
  • Options
    raptorskyfireraptorskyfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    There's still RPers around. I'm an RPer myself, leader of the guild Storm-Shore. Other RP guilds I can name off the top of my head are Jagged Daggers and Mythweavers. Shop around, find one that fits your hours, playstyle and character (both IC and OOC). Don't hesitate to use the in-game guild search function.

You don't have to join a guild if you don't want to, as well. If you just want a group of folks to RP with, you can occasionally find folks in the Moonstone Mask, but sometimes the Driftwood and Tower of Alteration get occupied as well.

Good luck to you.
    Part of Storm-Shore, a RP/PvE guild. http://www.stormshore.com/

I have many alts, I am a class and race rainbow.
  • Options
    czerwona33czerwona33 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks peeps, you were of great help to me both here and IG ;p
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Check the history section of the Char

If it is filled out in a meaningful way they are most likely Roleplayers

If not they are collectors

Urlord
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    urlord283 wrote: »
    Check the history section of the Char

If it is filled out in a meaningful way they are most likely Roleplayers

If not they are collectors

Urlord
    Aye, sometimes I just stand somewhere and inspect people looking for those with biograpgies to read. All of my characters have written biographies, some not much at all while others like Old Zeb and Daxx could start a novel.... I actually do have the prelude to a novel written already on the history of the character Dellonadaxx.

Myradaxx's sister (Dellondaxx Faerl Menzoberra) was the longest played PC in my campaign, being played for 12 years straight. Myradaxx (Daxx Dae'Vesh in game) and Jyradaxx were the PC's cloned sisters and both were NPCs (the three of them together were magical clones of Menzoberra the Kinless). Each went their separate ways and for the coming of Neverwinter, I adjusted history abit to make Myradaxx's disappearance be her journey to a parallel dimension from my Campaign, that of our reality here in Neverwinter Online.

Almost all my characters in Neverwinter are based off of my own NPCs in my Champaign. Old Zeb was my first NPC and still meddles about.