What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Level 1 to 60 Maxed: Total AD Cost

2»

Comments

• healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zeusom wrote: »
    Since the required Jewelcrafting assets (Mithral Bezel pusher 1,500,000 AD for example) cost more AD than just buying the 5 or so Gemmed JC pieces off the AH, they are left out and the AH price of 5x pieces is included instead. Leveling JC to 20 and converting AH bought Gemmed to the BoP Personalized pieces can be done almost free (Worn bez pusher = 1 gold).

Any profession assets are also left out of OP since they would be considered separately as part of investments/assets that should pay for themselves in time (one would hope) to make AD not part of an endgame 'build'.

Can you buy reinforced T2 pieces from the AH?
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    healary wrote: »
    Can you buy reinforced T2 pieces from the AH?

You can't make them either :)
    edited December 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    You can't make them either :)

Why? I used to be able to make reinforced T2 gloves.
    edited December 2014
    zeusom wrote: »
    Since the required Jewelcrafting assets (Mithral Bezel pusher 1,500,000 AD for example) cost more AD than just buying the 5 or so Gemmed JC pieces off the AH, they are left out and the AH price of 5x pieces is included instead. Leveling JC to 20 and converting AH bought Gemmed to the BoP Personalized pieces can be done almost free (Worn bez pusher = 1 gold).

Any profession assets are also left out of OP since they would be considered separately as part of investments/assets that should pay for themselves in time (one would hope) to make AD not part of an endgame 'build'.

Using your argument R10 and perfect gems can be done almost free instead of the millions of AD from the AH too. Gems can be gathered from mobs and skill nodes. Wards can be obtained through praying. The question is how long it takes.
    edited December 2014
    healary wrote: »
    Why? I used to be able to make reinforced T2 gloves.

They removed the ability to craft them with the introduction of armour reinforcement kits.
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Interesting to Note of the original post is that:

Over 100 mill AD of the ballpark 120 mill AD cost (80%+) to full maxed toon is involved in
    - Perfect and Rank 10 enchants (~70 mill AD)
    - Refinement cost a total of 7x Artifacts/Artifact equipment to orange (~30 mill AD and rising).

Everything else (all boons, purple companions, a mount, other gear, bags, basic artifacts to purple, personalized Jewelcraft pieces, Greater armor kits and gems, belt slot items, fashion haha) can be bought /farmed reasonably for value of something like 20 million AD in all.

Add another 20 million AD or something for all Rank 8 (instead of 10) and 7x Purple artifact pieces (instead of Orange) and that's a purple 'budget' build for something roundabout total 40 millionish AD, too tired and lazy to work out that math.

Good news is this is reasonably obtainable at some point by new players and good enough to tackle any PvE content in game, so this way game can be fun and accessible for new players. PvP is where the other 100 million AD becomes more essential to be competitive.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    And what is the best PVE farming rate at the moment? Is it still 500k-1mil per hour through CN? Or is 50k?

New players don't have a chance.
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is a bit of a pointless exercise as it all depends how you define "maxxed character" and also on your playing philosophy.

This month's max character will not be the same as next month's because of continual changes to equipment, skills, BiS choice etc.

And I don't think it should really be possible to max a character anyway. What do you do then? I love the continual gradual toon development and I mostly try to achieve this through drops and "natural" progression, which is why you'll find some of my toons wearing and levelling sub-optimal artifact equipment hehe. My AD goes on upgrades like bags, mounts and the occasional mark of potency.

So I find this thread a bit like adding up how much you've spent on beer/coffee/bananas in your lifetime and then being surprised it's such a big number.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    Sharander Boons & Unlocks..................125,000 AD
    ???

It cost 5000 zen thats, 2.5M AD not 125k.

That's if you buy the token, not if you actually unlock the campaigns! :| (also, there's a lot of stuff you don't actually need there, like gauntlets or dungeon unlocks).
    henry404 wrote: »
    And I don't think it should really be possible to max a character anyway. What do you do then? I love the continual gradual toon development and I mostly try to achieve this through drops and "natural" progression, which is why you'll find some of my toons wearing and levelling sub-optimal artifact equipment hehe. My AD goes on upgrades like bags, mounts and the occasional mark of potency.

Yep. You don't actually "win the game" if you have a maxed characters. You win as long as you are having fun while playing. With a maxed character and no room to improve, you might actually "lose" the game (as in, nothing left to do, move on to the next MMO).
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You don't actually "win the game" if you have a maxed characters. You win as long as you are having fun while playing. With a maxed character and no room to improve, you might actually "lose" the game (as in, nothing left to do, move on to the next MMO).

Very good point. One phenomenon that happens sometimes where player is so desperate to get all-orange-10 maxed they rush it, maybe spend a lot of money, and then oddly once achieved some quit the game soon after.

Some play AH and try build AD empire and maybe start to max other toons. Some stay around and help out others. But there isn't much left to 'do'.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    And what is the best PVE farming rate at the moment? Is it still 500k-1mil per hour through CN? Or is 50k?

New players don't have a chance.

Don't have a chance to what? Have a maxed out (or nearly maxed out) character by the time they hit lvl 60? Within a month, or even three months? No. they don't... and they shouldn't.

I just want to say thanks to the OP for this post - I don't' personally agree with some of the items listed but that's neither here nor there - thank you for this post, it's incredibly useful and insightful. Definitely puts things into perspective. Also, the idea of a "budget maxed" toon with all purple instead of legendary and R8s. I agree: With that you can easily dominate any PvE content in the game and be a valuable PvE team member for any in-game activity.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Other than that, this is why I prefer to play as free as possible. $2k+ for a full character? Madness. I'd rather just play the game and work my way there. Much more enjoyable and a lot less boring.

That's the entire point of the game. It's to PLAY the game, not BUY a character.

People are missing that point around here entirely too much.

Calculating how much a maxed character is "worth" is cool. And looking at those numbers, I'm getting there...but at no point has Neverwinter ever paused itself and popped up the "Insert Credit Card to continue!" screen.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited December 2014
    kvet wrote: »
    Don't have a chance to what? Have a maxed out (or nearly maxed out) character by the time they hit lvl 60? Within a month, or even three months? No. they don't... and they shouldn't.
    And yet they can if they buy it all out. If you want to compete with that, you have to too. You just can't do it for free, ever. I am almost maxed out and i heavily farmed CN when it was actually worth something and invested that all to increase my AD. Without that initial investment, I probably wouldn't have made it. Plus I did manage to buy RP when it was cheap. Something that potentially may run out. You'd have to be in the slim minority of really good flippers or have an extreme amount of leadership toons to eventually get there really which really isn't ideal.

A fair game wouldn't have that huge gap in power.
    kvet wrote: »
    With that you can easily dominate any PvE content in the game and be a valuable PvE team member for any in-game activity.

Well it is good that you can have a decent gear for a lot cheaper/easier and not struggle with pve. Though that's really still down to bad design their end to not have interesting content to the level they implemented.
  • arcticmedicarcticmedic Member Posts: 40
    edited December 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    How much do you think it would "cost" to get a completely maxed out in everything character in WoW?

WoW has a bit more of a learning curve than this game does. But if someone already knows what they are doing, not too much money. The last expansion I played was Cataclysm. Our guild was lacking tanks, so I made a shadow night and had him tanking end game content within about 2 months (while maintaining a full time occupation outside of playing). By time I quit, I was not fully decked out in BIS, but I only raided on the weekends and you can't help waiting for your particular piece to drop. They made WoW stupid easy compared to the old days.