test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Whats that strange voice that keeps saying he has more work for me and calling me a..

scellestusscellestus Member Posts: 78 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Seriously... I haven't played for awhile, but I've been playing a lot the past week, and everywhere I go I hear someone saying "I have more work for you.... *****es!"...... wtf is that?! And why does he call ppl *****es?! Like some weird leprechaun voice.... its quite maddening
Post edited by scellestus on

Comments

• wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "I've got one word for you... Leeches!" - Apprentice Healer
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I do hope your next wound is unique!
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    can you fight something with a big club?
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Our enemies shall feel divine wrath.

Oh wrong one...
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    could we hang all the apprentice healers from xmas trees ? would be the best xmas ever not having to hear from them ever again

or at least tie to rockets and shoot them up as new year fireworks
    Paladin Master Race
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    wimpazoid wrote: »
    "I've got one word for you... Leeches!" - Apprentice Healer
    Yeah, this is what he is saying. It's easy to hear other words in almost anything. Now that you know what they're actually saying, you should understand it more clearly. There're no NPCs in the game that use any cursory words, other than "damned" or "damnation." Even then, it's not used as a cursory attack but as a descriptive sign of emotion.

Reminds me of the time people misunderstood the Laughing Skull companion, "Your mother was an Orc!" where people thought "orc" was the derogatory term for a street-walker/lady of the night/mistress of pleasure.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    "Your mother was an Orc!"
    *sniff
    Just because she drools a lot and has that lazy eye doesn't mean you should call her an orc.

=P
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    If you think it is bad now it used to be far worse...

It was that companion which caused them to reduce the frequency and effected area of companion voices and also instated a one companion per x second cooldown limit.

You used to hear "I have one word for you...leaches!" every 15 seconds in PE and after a day of hearing it you would start twitching like the guy from the bananaphone flash cartoon.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i really dont understand why you hear comments from other ppl companions, it should be an option at least. that is why i love my rock, nice and quiet
    Paladin Master Race
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    That's the "more elegant" solution which spirals999 mentioned.

The changes that were done were to save player's sanity until more advanced options like toggles for companion voices could be implemented.
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If you want to hear it a lot you can go to Sharandar near the pool.

The voices could be translated, it would help the comprehension. After all, we get turkish or tagalog messages all day long from orange admins informing us that player X has received loot Y by opening lockbox Z.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    If you want to hear it a lot you can go to Sharandar near the pool.

The voices could be translated, it would help the comprehension. After all, we get turkish or tagalog messages all day long from orange admins informing us that player X has received loot Y by opening lockbox Z.

OMG yes.. this is why I can't wait to finish my Sharandar rep and leave that area for good.

If I got to endure hearing it over and over and over... I may give myself a unique wound.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm so glad I play without sound. I've never heard any of this.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    When I first heard him, I thought he was saying, "I have one word for you! <female dogs>!" I thought it was a new PvP reward pet :)
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Reminds me of the time people misunderstood the Laughing Skull companion, "Your mother was an Orc!" where people thought "orc" was the derogatory term for a street-walker/lady of the night/mistress of pleasure.

Oh, that was what the mimir was saying...
    And before I read about leeches I also thought the guy was insulting people right and left.

Gosh, I am spoiled :(
  • nightspiritgnightspiritg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I play music and keep NW sound mute,never knew my skull said anything till people started getting mad at me.
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    oh! the healer says "leechers"? i thought he said "bit..es" haha.
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Everyone who complains about this are leeches!
  • eggxtereggxter Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm curious to know which companion says "Go, go go!" or something to that effect.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    eggxter wrote: »
    I'm curious to know which companion says "Go, go go!" or something to that effect.

Quickling
    http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/sca/sounds/Pet_Quickling.mp3
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I thought of making a Foundry where the enemies were illusions that looked like the Apprentice Healer companion, for those that wish to alleviate their frustrations. But I decided that was probably too harsh...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I thought of making a Foundry where the enemies were illusions that looked like the Apprentice Healer companion, for those that wish to alleviate their frustrations. But I decided that was probably too harsh...

I don't know, in another game players have been petitioning for years for the devs to sell something that turns training dummies into an npc named coyle that everyone hates.